PDA

View Full Version : From the desk of a frustrated artist---

Wild Angel
Aug 26, 2002, 12:44 AM
Ah well. I still can't get her face correct. Best I can do. Anyways, fully airbrushed image *cuddles her wacom tablet*

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/648320

Read the description. ^.^

`Wildie

Nemesis
Aug 26, 2002, 04:50 AM
I like. :)

Fawriel
Aug 26, 2002, 06:11 AM
The picture is very kewlish!:D
Only bad thing ish that I can't recognize too much.
And I suggest you make one big thread for all yer pictures,you're threads are getting a little many.:rolleyes:

Wild Angel
Aug 26, 2002, 10:26 AM
I should sharpen her face, make it more visible. I probably will re-airbrush it all. Basically seven more hours of frustration until it's just perfect.

Eheh, problem with creating one big thread, Piccolo. I have over 30 pieces of artwork. Buttttttt... lemme just post a few 'new' ones.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/638248
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/638265
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/640308
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/641286
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/645056
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/645203
(PHOOOO!!! I trieddd furry art.) http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/645479

o.0;;; Most of those are redundant... oh well. 0.o;;;

`Wildie

Nemesis
Aug 26, 2002, 01:03 PM
What, is there some rule against too many threads or something? Most forums allow one thread per peice of artwork. That's the way it should be.

Captain Spam
Aug 26, 2002, 03:18 PM
Quite impressive. I've never been able to draw that level of detail. :-)

I dunno, I've always felt it's better to have a new thread for each new set of pics you make... myself, I don't notice it too often if someone adds new art to a thread that's already there...

And besides, you wind up with really really huge threads. :-)

Trafton AT
Aug 26, 2002, 03:40 PM
Very nice, even the face.

Nemesis
Aug 26, 2002, 10:47 PM
Yep. I hate huge threads. I hate reading 130 posts... So I don't, unless I've been reading them as they've appeared.

Fawriel
Aug 27, 2002, 11:18 AM
Yeah,yeah.
But I always upload my art here as soon as I have it,that would make one thread per 2 days,and would be evil spamming!

Nemesis
Aug 27, 2002, 01:45 PM
Spam is unwanted advertisements, particularly in e-mail. :)

Or just cheap ham in a can.

If you have all your art uploaded at once, put it all in one post then.

Just don't expect me do post art, and then post more later in the thread. :)

Kaz
Aug 27, 2002, 07:57 PM
Wildie, not to be rude or anything (maybe I'm just in a bad mood), but you're getting really redundant and it's (/) me off that I'm loading the same picture but only a few details have changed about it. "Quit piggybacking!" -Mrs. Richards.

Nemesis
Aug 27, 2002, 10:41 PM
I hope you are just p***ed off. Because that's not a really nice thing to say.

Wild Angel
Aug 27, 2002, 11:25 PM
Er, Kaz, note, look up, scroll up. I already <b>wrote in a post that I was being redundant</b>. I can't keep track of <b>all</b> the art I do. I do atleast one per day, or one every two days since some of the airbrushing takes two days. I don't mean to be rude or tick <i>anyone</i> off, I just can't keep track when I have <b>over 30 pieces of work</b>. I'm <b>constantly</b> trying to keep the JCF updated, but maybe I should stop if it <b>is</b> ticking people off. That is unless you want to continue to bear with me a bit. I <b>am</b> trying, but I can't keep track of every piece of work I post since I don't put names into the hyperlinks. Still, even then, it would be difficult.

Now that I have made a total jerk out of myself...

`Wildie

Fawriel
Aug 28, 2002, 01:22 AM
Ey,Kazo,be a little nice to the lady!
Art is hard work if you really WORK for it(not like I do:p )!
I know how hard it is to keep track of something,I'm so confused I can forget things in two seconds.

MoonBlazE
Aug 28, 2002, 01:56 AM
Wow, wildie using bold.
She is trying tell us something. ;)

Wild Angel
Aug 29, 2002, 12:12 AM
(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)><b><u><i>Heh</b></u></i>(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

Nemesis
Aug 29, 2002, 03:35 AM
That tag is really annoying. If you're annoyed by it to, you don't want to see the websites created by the students in my Computing class... Sheesh...

Wild Angel
Aug 29, 2002, 09:12 PM
Eheh. Bold is an annoying tag, so is marquee, intalics, ect. o.0; I've SEEN people who use bold in all their webpage as well as multiple colours. God..

`Wildie

Nemesis
Aug 29, 2002, 10:28 PM
I can stand bold and italics. Just not marquee.

defalcon
Aug 29, 2002, 11:49 PM
I'm going to murder the next marquee I see. ;P

Kaz, be nice to Wildie. :p

GuMmYBeAr!
Aug 30, 2002, 10:16 PM
Kaz wasn't being rude.. he was say'n what he was thinking about.. and he -is- right in some points. Heh.. Art is prettifulness. But.. vary.

Kaz
Aug 30, 2002, 10:29 PM
Okay, looked at it all. Finnally, not just two blobs and different landscapes (assuming it was that and you were putting forth no effort whatsoever). The last 2 (excluding the furry) though are nearly identical. You can just use photoshop to get that result and resubmit (or there could even be an HTML code for that).

Hmm... don't know. Something about your new "artwork" (not meant as an offense...) isn't right. I'll tell you when I finnally figure it out.

Nemesis
Aug 30, 2002, 10:36 PM
That's the point. Even the smallest changes can improve things. Get over it.

Wild Angel
Sep 1, 2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Wild Angel
Er, Kaz, note, look up, scroll up. I already <b>wrote in a post that I was being redundant</b>. I can't keep track of <b>all</b> the art I do. I do atleast one per day, or one every two days since some of the airbrushing takes two days. I don't mean to be rude or tick <i>anyone</i> off, I just can't keep track when I have <b>over 30 pieces of work</b>. I'm <b>constantly</b> trying to keep the JCF updated, but maybe I should stop if it <b>is</b> ticking people off. That is unless you want to continue to bear with me a bit. I <b>am</b> trying, but I can't keep track of every piece of work I post since I don't put names into the hyperlinks. Still, even then, it would be difficult.

Now that I have made a total jerk out of myself...

`Wildie

Maybe I'm just trying to get a feel for diffrent art? Ever thought of that? Ever thought, hmm, that I may be trying new things out in Photoshop and wanting to know what people think looks better? And they're not 'blobs'. And I do put effort into it. Even Poser takes bloody effort. You try Poser, Bryce, Maya, and some things in Photoshop (I'm the one that taught you some of the stuff you know). I have given up with Bryce, and I'm trying to learn Maya. You all must think that hell, Maya is easy, right? You try it sometime. Some things are just better kept to yourself, mind you, Gummi. Or kept to messages on ICQ or such. It's not like I don't have every single messaging program out there.
I'm probably going to regret posting this later, but I just need to get it out of my head. Now, if you care to even look at anything I do, put forth some effort of finding the URL of my gallery in your history.

*hisses indignantly and decides to just stop posting it all together*

Kaz
Sep 1, 2002, 08:20 PM
There goes my effort at trying to make peace... (and IMO that image did not improve by taking the red out). Don't quit posting becuase of one unhappy poster though =\.

I can't keep track of all the art I do. I do atleast one per day, or one every two days since some of the airbrushing takes two days. I don't mean to be rude or tick anyone off, I just can't keep track when I have over 30 pieces of work. I'm constantly trying to keep the JCF updated, but maybe I should stop if it is ticking people off.

You should have been posting this since mid-summer.

Ever thought, hmm, that I may be trying new things out in Photoshop and wanting to know what people think looks better? And they're not 'blobs'.

I'm being honest and telling you what I think. What are they then?

Wild Angel
Sep 1, 2002, 09:10 PM
They're eggs. What image didn't improve by taking the red out. And what should I have been doing since mid-summer?

Kaz
Sep 1, 2002, 09:40 PM
If you've honestly been posting an image or two a day, then you should have around 45 images which means 45 days which means you would have started posting them during summer.

Wild Angel
Sep 2, 2002, 12:26 AM
Heh. It's hard to explain some days I don't upload any, and other days I upload two or more. *shrugs and points to the 'about'*