PDA

View Full Version : Spazs past is vary hazy, just HOW did he get so crazy?

Batty Buddy
Aug 27, 2002, 05:04 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Gee, been a long time since I started a thread in the General Jazz 2 Talk forum... Anyway:

As the lot of you know, Spaz Jackrabbit is nuts- in a cute, lovable, modest way. However, there is no real story behind how he got that way. We all have our unproven theories, some of us have more then others.

Now is the time to bare them to the world... or at least the message board.

My theories:

1) Too much Television.
2) Side effect from his dopefish fiesco.
3) Dropped on his head at birth... down a flight of stairs... then sucked into a tornado...(This theory is in one of my war tavern stories)
4) The name did it to him- He acts crazy purely because his parents named him Spaz! Can you beleve the way the world would change if his folks desided to name him "George Jackrabbit"?

Teej
Aug 27, 2002, 05:11 PM
Definatly number 3 :D:D

Trafton AT
Aug 27, 2002, 07:28 PM
I think he hit is head...a few hundered times. :D

Unhit
Aug 27, 2002, 09:53 PM
He ate the dopefish.

atesoRJOL
Aug 28, 2002, 08:55 AM
Could be just about any one of them.

Batty Buddy
Aug 28, 2002, 09:40 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Hey, the four up there are just MY theories. I'm sure there are others...

Chrono
Aug 28, 2002, 12:06 PM
The realistic view:

The Jazz programmers decided they wanted a somewhat loony character in their next game, thus, Spaz came to be.

Boring, but, yes, it is realistic.

Trafton AT
Aug 28, 2002, 12:08 PM
I agree with Chrono. :P

KJAZZ
Aug 28, 2002, 08:49 PM
I believe in the theory that Spaz ate not one dopefish, but the entire population. That's why you hardly see a single dopefish anymore. ;)

Unhit
Aug 28, 2002, 09:46 PM
Yes, except in a few games (Max Payne), they got rare...

Batty Buddy
Aug 28, 2002, 09:54 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Lets hope Greenpeace never gets wind of that Entire-Dopefish-Population-Down-Spaz's-Gullet theory: Poor Spaz could get in a lot of trouble for signal-handedly endangering an entire species... all be it, an alien fish species...

Unhit
Aug 28, 2002, 09:56 PM
Yes. They'd spra something like "animalkiller" on his fur. EVIL.

Iam Canadian
Aug 31, 2002, 06:26 PM
Of course, Spaz is a living animal too, so it would be quite the quandary for Greenpeace.:p. I think Spaz had mental problems at birth, and although many dismissed him as a psycho who would grow up to be a gun-toting maniac (which he sorta is), Jazz stuck by him.(The pair DO seem to be very close) Spaz sorta fills the "wacko" role of the Jackrabbit family, with "keep it cool" Jazz, and "spirit filled" Lori. Plus, he's probabaly good for annoying Devan to death.:D

raptor15
Aug 31, 2002, 10:08 PM
Hehe, yeah.

RockyR
Sep 1, 2002, 06:27 AM
I'd honestly say he was using some sort of illegal substance except that his name was Spaz which seems to link to his mental state rather than something else.
I don't know if the developers really would have wanted to have a drugged out main character either.. but they did have the "afro-sporting caterpillars".

Additionally; it makes for a boring explanation. Arjan and Cliff always enjoy a real solid character description and an amusing one at that. It's too bad there wasn't much of a jazz2 readme, the first one was a great read. We'll never know what Spaz's favorite book is (Any guesses?)

Trafton AT
Sep 1, 2002, 09:55 AM
I would put my money on Brain Surgery for Dummies. ;)

(Trafton: brand name rejustification edit)