PDA

View Full Version : It took a long time, but it sure was fun- here is the greatest thing I've ever done

Batty Buddy
Sep 5, 2002, 07:35 PM
Que Passa!!!!

"I'M A RAGING INFERNO OF EMOTION HERE!!!"
-Talking toaster
Pop Tarts commercial(Anybody ever seen the ones with the talking toaster?)

The BIGGEST picture I've ever worked on... That I've finished, that is... (http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=201849)
Actually, I made it a while ago, but I lost it. Fortuantly, I found it again and desided to share. It's practically every character I've ever drawn on a regular basis... Heck, for those of you who read my "Spaz saves the world" story from way-back-when the S.O.C.K.E.T. triplets are in the picture too- they're the three floating on that cloud.(I loved them so much I desided to draw them regularly.)

Other characters I reunited in the picture include Simon the Parahna(Don't ask how I came up with the idea of a punk rocking flesh-eating fish... I just drew him once when my mind was wandering.) Copter O'Gal(A rabbit, and the first guy I ever put to paper... He's the one with the glasses.) Shades the Butterfire(Mat's pet. Shades is a butterfly/firefly hibrid. Mat keeps him a secret partly because most nocturnal animals eat bugs, and partly because light, and sources of light, are illegal. Shades could get Mat deported if anyone found out about him.), a Luptilupian(A species of alien, roughly the size of a human with big BIG ears, most of whom have desided to turn the "Uninhabited" planet of Earth into their own private vacation resort.) "Lucky Lemure" (A professional swindler nobody likes. By the way, Lucky is genderless and nobody knows his/her real name... Lucky is currently crushed under the dragon.) and the two main good guys from a video game I'm designing called "Tin Toy Deploy": Joy and Roy.(Think "Toy Story"... with more violence...)

Kaz
Sep 5, 2002, 07:56 PM
O.o

This is one of the most cartooniest pictures I've seen. Some of it looks like it was in dry pen though and may need to be retraced. But I'm pretty sure it makes at least the top five on my list in most cartoony (and legit for cartoon).

Nemesis
Sep 5, 2002, 10:47 PM
I always loved cartoons. Nice job! :)

Captain Spam
Sep 6, 2002, 05:36 AM
Mmm... exaggerated expressions and cartoony features... :-)

That's something I've wanted to do with all my characters, throw 'em all together in a big pic like that...

Batty Buddy
Sep 6, 2002, 08:26 AM
Que Passa!!!!

You really should do it, Spam. The only hard part about something like this is size comparison(I messed up with Myo: the one in the top corner wearing the bandana. He's actually supposed to be smaller, but I wanted it to look like he's closer. Doesn't work when they're flying.), and deturmining where everyone is.
Besides, its fun- and your characters are cool!

Captain Spam
Sep 6, 2002, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I should, and I really <b>WANT</b> to, but the problem there comes that I've never drawn a fair amount of the characters in my head right now. I've only got personalities set for characters like Stephanie, Marzos, Quertia, Howard, Claire, Candice, Lance, Ogin, etc, etc... and I'd most likely come up with more as my comic goes along.

And those're just one comic universe. :-)

Wild Angel
Sep 6, 2002, 11:22 PM
Nicely done. I've been dying to do a huge group picture of characters in a story I've been secretly writing. I don't have the patience for that but I have patience to draw every strand in a feather- you go figure.

`wildie

Fawriel
Sep 7, 2002, 02:21 AM
You have a cute way of drawing yercharacters!^.^
I luv the pic!
I would never be able to do something like that,I always mess up sizes and such!:p

Batty Buddy
Sep 7, 2002, 08:08 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Well, actually- heres a suggestion for size comparison, AND how to arrange character:
Take one huge master page, and a smaller notepad. Draw your characters on each page of the note pad, then peal them off and destribute them around the page. While drawing each new character, you can just flip to the last character and see how they messure up.
And about the way I draw my characters: I'm glad you like it. One of the major things I base jokes on is my characters complaining about how their draw(The size of their ears, the lack of toes, the fact that the only difference between males and females is hair and eyes...). Another major thing I make fun of is anchient mythology, fables, and legends, which are hobbies of mine, and the last is my daily life, and sometimes government and buisness.(You'll be amazed how funny you can make a tragic or mondain event in your day just by placing a character with a different personality in it. In fact that's how I got started. A lot of bad stuff happened to me on a daily basis as a kid, and I got home and started thinking of ways I could handle it if I had either a quicker wit, diplomatic immunity, or a comically large weopon... Sometimes all three.)

Batty Buddy
Sep 10, 2002, 03:47 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Oh, by the way- in responce to Kaz's comment, I did a second version. It's cleaned up and in color.

The strange thing is that: at least 50% of the characters are creations of mine that I never imagined in color(since about 80% of all nocturnal animals are colorblind, I figured it would be sutable to have THEM drawn in black-and-white all the time.). As a result, I came up with some pretty wierd color schemes(dig the parahna- he looks like one of the killer tomatoes.)
But hey, whichever blows your hair back!

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=203577

Oooooo.... Color...

"YAH!"
-Zattle D'oblo
Snooze and Mat

Disguise
Sep 11, 2002, 03:43 AM
This is <font size="4"><b><u>_REALLY_</font></b></u> good! I love it! You have me stunned,mouth hanging open in a moment of silence staring at the monitor...

This is amazing really, Ilove the sketch more, those always seem to be a personal preference of mine, but it's just amazing! Congratulations ona pic well drawn, I'm saving this one on my HD as soon as I get home!

Kaz
Sep 11, 2002, 04:37 AM
Color is already implied with the grayscale one :lol: .

Still good, and Wisey is wise, mimicking him. These will be one of the things I keep when I get rid of XP and go back to 98SE.

Fawriel
Sep 11, 2002, 08:51 AM
Just wondering...
Where's that ladybug?:confused:

Batty Buddy
Sep 11, 2002, 01:29 PM
Que Passa!!!!

She's flying in the middle. Keep in mind- she's an insect, so she's small. She's also holding/hugging her spider boyfriend, and a leech she keeps as a pet is on her head.

"Let's get middle ages on his hiny!"
"{You mean MIDEVEL!}"
"Yeah... What did I say?"
-Sue and Louie
Sue and Louie

Captain Spam
Sep 11, 2002, 05:34 PM
Awesome. That must've been a bugger to color. :-) Very nicely done!

One thing, though... do you still have a 'safe' original copy of it? That is, a copy in a lossless compression format? (Like .psd, .psp, .xcf, .png, etc) I can see a LOT of JPEG compression artifacts (i.e. places where the image doesn't seem as sharp as it should be... places where it doesn't seem like your fault), and I was wondering if I could see a PNG version of it (Or some other lossless compression method)...

Trust me, I know JPEG compression artifacts. :-)

Batty Buddy
Sep 11, 2002, 09:09 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Of course! I've been making backups of all my side 7 stuff ever since a fan pic of Felix the cat got messed up. Truth be told, both pics were origionally a little bit bigger(1100x850) then they turned out. I kept the originals because they make good wallpaper.

JJ BBoy KS
Sep 12, 2002, 01:32 PM
Man, you've got a ton of characters! :D

That's awesome! I love it! :cool: