PDA

View Full Version : Dissappearing blocks.

Taz
Sep 14, 2002, 01:10 AM
When i was making a survivor level with Disguise's Modern City tileset, some blocks dissapear in JJ2! I maked destruct blocks in the anim section and put them random in the level. They aren't destruct blocks already, but they have also the same anim. When i shooted some "ready" (with event) destruct blocks, many of the "not-ready" blocks dissappear! It's in Single Player when i test and in Multi Player.. Semeone knows what happen? :confused: It's very irritating, i can't make a survivor this way. So i hope you can give why this happen.

Violet CLM
Sep 14, 2002, 11:51 AM
I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying, but try putting destruct (or whatever) scenery events on the "not ready" animated tiles as well.

Blackraptor
Sep 14, 2002, 02:10 PM
Thta happend to me in one of my earleir sets. I put green blocks (bloxonius tileset) in one area and all of em dissapeared. I dont really know how to fix this, but I fixed it by putting blue bocks in that area...Beats me though:confused:

Taz
Sep 17, 2002, 03:31 AM
If you put a destruct scenery event on the non-ready tiles, they can dissappear too! How to fix THAT?:confused:

Violet CLM
Sep 17, 2002, 11:29 AM
Let me make sure I have this straight.

You have some animated tiles (speed 0) that go solid, blank, solid/blank. [] [] or [] .
You place some in the level, some of them get Destruct Scenery events. But when the ones with destruct scenery get shot, the ones without disappear.
If you put destruct scenery on all of them, they disappear. I'm not sure when they disappear, as you didn't specify.

When do the previously non-ready ones that now have destruct scenery events disappear?
What speed are the animations?
Are you sure all of them are animated? You can set a high speed to the animation to check this.
Does this happen in Multiplayer, or just in Single Player? (You said it originally did, but does it when all the blocks have destruct scenery?)
Do you have any theories to why this happens?
Is the "Battle, CTF or Treasure Hunt" checkbox checked?

Trafton AT
Sep 17, 2002, 05:07 PM
This can also be caused by bad triggers.

Taz
Sep 17, 2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
Let me make sure I have this straight.

You have some animated tiles (speed 0) that go solid, blank, solid/blank. [] [] or [] .
You place some in the level, some of them get Destruct Scenery events. But when the ones with destruct scenery get shot, the ones without disappear.
If you put destruct scenery on all of them, they disappear. I'm not sure when they disappear, as you didn't specify.

When do the previously non-ready ones that now have destruct scenery events disappear?
What speed are the animations?
Are you sure all of them are animated? You can set a high speed to the animation to check this.
Does this happen in Multiplayer, or just in Single Player? (You said it originally did, but does it when all the blocks have destruct scenery?)
Do you have any theories to why this happens?
Is the "Battle, CTF or Treasure Hunt" checkbox checked?

1. On random moments =/
2. Speed - 0.
3. Yesh yesh, they are all animated.
4. Both. It does too when all tiles are destruct scenery.
5. I don't know. Maybe too much destruct scenery or something?
6. Checked.

Violet CLM
Sep 18, 2002, 12:51 PM
Ok, I don't think I can find your problem this way. Send the level to someone who can take a look at it for you.

Trafton AT
Sep 18, 2002, 02:10 PM
Any kind of trigger being overused can cause this in some rare situations.