PDA

View Full Version : Creating an updated f.a.q

MaGoo
Sep 14, 2002, 06:35 PM
Lately I've been noticing new members of the JCF posting new threads on questions that are asked much too frequently. It's a horrible spam creator, and I think there's a possible solution (or temperary solution) for this. I think the JCF f.a.q. should be updated with a new column explaining most of these frequently asked questions. For example:

1) How do I play Jazz on the internet?
2) How do I buy TSF?
3) Where can I find the full version of Jazz2?
4) Where can I find the patch to play?
5) Where can I download levels, ect..

Adding this column to the f.a.q. would probably create less useless spamming, for the most part anyway. I'm sure some people won't even bother looking at the f.a.q. But the people who do, won't have to ask the same questions that's been asked for what seems like eternity. As I recall, this idea wasn't posted on the J2O v2 thread as I skimmed through it. I hope to get some feedback on what you think about updating the f.a.q.

Trafton AT
Sep 14, 2002, 07:13 PM
THANK YOU, MAGOO.

It's really getting old answering these questions, especially numbers 1, 2, and 4. Is this going to be added to Alberto's or will this be an entirely new, seperate FAQ?

Drake
Sep 14, 2002, 08:34 PM
Well i basicly agree but why dont you tell them in the rules to not post questions like that in the forums ... Tell them to read the FAQ that Alberto wrote! "Just a sugestion!"

Link
Sep 15, 2002, 06:41 PM
I added something to that extent at the top of my "read this before you post" topic.

$tilettø
Sep 16, 2002, 12:15 AM
Just make it Sticky and that the FaQ Shows up in General at Top that would be better so people cant miss it