PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Story?

Trafton AT
Sep 15, 2002, 06:04 PM
What's your Jazz 2 history?

I first started playing when KnightLord gave me a copy. I joined BK, and then it merged into AT, and AT into CC. That's where I am now clan-wise. I never have been great at making levels or battling, but I've been interested in tileset collecting and game facts. I first got interested in the workings of Jazz 2 when Dr. Demon gave me his No-Name patch. I disassembled it and studied it. Now I know too much about Jazz 2, none of which is useful or helps me play or make levels better. Oh well. :)

What's your story?

Iam Canadian
Sep 15, 2002, 06:18 PM
I first discovered JJ1 at a cousin's house, and loved it. Then, I saw the JJ2 demo on the Daily Carrot page. I D/L'ed it, and loved it. However, until a year later, I couldn't get JJ2 full. Until 1999. I got it, and loved it. The next year I discovered there's a selection on Party Mode called Internet Play...

KJAZZ
Sep 15, 2002, 08:23 PM
My mom got a CD with lots of game demos on it. Among them was a JJ1 Demo. I played it and loved it. Lots of years later, I was at Staples and I was looking through the cheap CDs and I saw the JJ2 XMAS one (forget the name)..for $2...so we got it. I beat it, and saw that it spoke of JJ2, and the JCS! The ability to make your own levels sounded so awesome, so I went to eBay and bought myself a copy. This was in the Summer of 2000.

That is how I got JJ2.

Here is my history on the community. After I got it, I played it a lot. I soon discovered Jazz2City, and the JMMB. I posted there semi-often, and such. Time passes. JMMB and J2C close down. By then, I know about J2O and have submitted levels to J2O that are very crappy indeed. I then talked to Aiko about TSF, and he suggested a couple of ways to get it. But, to no avail. But then, Haze offered a deal for some of us to get TSF. I took him up on the deal, and recieved it in January of 2001.

February 14, 2001: The Day Jazz Died

This day, I was online, cruising The Mushroom Kingdom (its a mario site) and playing some of their games. I wanted to play more games, so I did a web search for some. This led me to www.filemine.com and I searched for some there. Just for fun, I typed in "Zelda" and I came across ZELDA CLASSIC. (www.zeldaclassic.com) I then registered at their forums at 2/14/01... I then became obsessed and JJ2 was at a slow time for me then.

Around May Sometime...I got RPG Maker 2000, and was addicted to that. So ZC and RM2K I used quite often. Then, one day, I decided to play JJ2, and I started playing online more often. Then I stopped for a week or two, then I started playing again until the present day.

And that is my J2H. It's pretty boring, yeah, and I've typed out those **** stories so many times...argh, I hope you're happy Trafton...:D

$tilettø
Sep 15, 2002, 11:13 PM
When i went to a other shool they had some Games One of them was Jazz2 i loved it played days on shool trough Network and it seemed i was pretty good so i bought it Imediatly,

Batty Buddy
Sep 15, 2002, 11:36 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I actually was a shareware fanatic. I pretty much collected the things like crazy: Commander Keen, Jill of the Jungle, Duke Nukem- you name it, I played it. Needless to say, Jazz was one of those games, but I never bought it because the local Costco had a full version of it, and I could beat an eposode in the time it took my mom to go shopping there... Plus they had the better opening sequance: The one where Jazz desguises himself as Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman before finally finding his usual duds... (The version I had had the less-cool one where he just runs across the screen.)

Then- that faithful day... They took the demo off, and I was only as far as the second-to-last eposode.

Then, one day, I was just browsing through Software Etc., and I chance to look apon:
SPAZ!
Actually it was Spaz who got my attention, before I recognised the familure-looking hare next to him. As soon as I did, I notice that the price was a meer $11(Never found it for a better deal since.) and the rest, you can guess.

So, Spaz is literally the reason I bought Jazz 2 in the first place... and I wasn't even a fan of him yet. It was just so hard to ignore a drooling, ravinous red rabbit with one eye larger then the other.

Enigma
Sep 16, 2002, 03:35 AM
My dad brought home a few computer games for his 8-year old son a long time ago. One of them was the JJ1 demo. I loved it as soon as i saw it and wanted more. So the full JJ1 followed a few months later. The years passed by and the game seemed to be forgotten. Seemed. When i was browsing through some pc games catalog, i noticed only one thing: JJ2. I went kinda insane because the game required a Pentium and i was still stuck with my 386 at the time. I slowly tortured my poor parents' nerves until i got a new pc. When that job was done, i got the JJ2 demo from a friend, played and was instantly hooked (mostly because of the "Frog Stomp" level). I bought the full version and TSF, started playing online on rare occasions, much more when i finally got some decent connection (which was also a lot cheaper), and finally ended up at this community.

KRSplat
Sep 16, 2002, 04:57 AM
To make a long story short, I saw JJ1 demo and liked it. Then, 4 years later I saw JJ2 and bought it.

The LONG story: (You may want to skip this:)

I don't think you want to hear my JJ2 story...

...but too bad. ;)

It was a dark and stormy night. (Excuse me exadurating a bit :) I've always wanted to say that.) My dad came home with a packet of hundreds (exaduration) of demo games, which I found out were downloads. (By the way, It was 1994, I was 3, and my sister was 1). I particularly liked one which I think was One Must Fall. My sister liked this weird one that looked so babyish. I mean, come on, green rabbits!

My dad got us both. I liked OMF, but found I liked the "babyish" one. It was called: Jazz Jackrabbit. I found every secret (on the first level :)).

I decided to get the full version. By then I knew how to use the Internet. It was '96. I searched for it. I got the web address and my parents downloaded it, that was how it worked, as at home the connection was something like 14.4.

So basically I found something. However it was another demo. That happened twice more, leaving me with four demo versions of JJ1.

Forward two years. September 1998. My dad was getting some stuff for a network. We were at CompUSA. I found this game called Unreal. I liked the way they printed the name, so I decided to get it. So there we were, standing in line, about to check out Unreal--and then I saw it. Jazz Jackrabbit! Not only that, but Jazz 2!!! I ran over to the small shelf comtaining numerous copies of JJ2. I brought it back just in time. I showed it to my dad. It even contained the full JJ1!

But I could only get one game. The decision was instant. JJ2. I threw Unreal back on the rack it came from. That was how it all began.

There was a notice saying the first batch of JJ2s didn't contain JJ1. 'No sweat,' I thought as I read on and gave a number. 'Mom will just call.' She did. A few weeks later, it came in the mail: It. Well, not It, but JJ1. Full version. On a CD!

Forward another few months. January 1999. I was a great fan of JJ2 and J2C. I found that JJ2 online now worked. That was when I made my first level. It's still not finished (well, don't blame me!), but it was a start. Pretty much all I had (and have) was a log. And not a very good one, all on Layer 4.

I went under the name Jordan for a few games, then Jazzman. I stuck with that for a while. I join the Dark Wolves clan, but that wasn't much of a change. I changed my name to |W|e|i|r|d|o after a while. The main thing I remember from the Weirdo time period was someone asking "Are you really weird?".

Forward 11 months. December 4, 1999. I was already called KRSplat then. I found the JMMB. I just hadn't paid any attention to any of the links before. 'Nuff said.

That's where I'm sitting now. I've been a member of the JJ community for two whole years. I love you guys... er, the friendship kind of love. ;)

---

(From Jan. 27, 2002: edited today)

sproedel
Sep 16, 2002, 05:15 AM
A friend of my brother brought JJ1 one day to us and we installed it. At that time I was bout 7 years or somthin like that. I played it like crazy and cos I played Jumpnruns all the time, I got in this game really quick.

Then JJ2 came out, but we couldn´t play it, cos we didn´t have Win 95, so I had to wait about 8 til I saw JJ2 for 5 € in a store here in town. Of course I bought it, and when I played it, I was competely owned by this game!!

acid
Sep 16, 2002, 05:22 AM
Well... I don't know how to put it. I forgot. -.-

What I know is, I liked Jazz Jackrabbit demo a lot. I drooled over the full game, but never got it.

Later, I was cruising the internet, looking at old games that might have been updated or something, and decided to search for Jazz. Then I found it. Jazz 2! I saw it even contained the original JJ1! (Mind you, I think this is a bit later than JJ2 was released-somewhere around 2000) I rushed over to Amazon.com and bought it. When it arrived, there was a lot of joy... And a lot of dissapointment. Instead of JJ1, I got a note telling us to call some number. When we called, the number didn't exist. We e-mailed Epic, and they ignored us(I think) Now I'm stuck with JJ2 and no JJ1, even though it said JJ1 comes with JJ2.

Violet CLM
Sep 16, 2002, 12:26 PM
When I was younger (so much younger, younger then today) I got JJ1. I'm pretty sure I had the shareware version before that, but I don't quite remember.
After that, there was the long wait for JJ2, as release date after release date came and went and still it wasn't finished. (And it's still not finished!) Finally, it came out. I think I got it as a reward for good behavior.
I played it. It.. well, it wasn't nearly as captivating as JJ1. I kind of abandoned it.
Some time afterwards, my mother found the few levels that http://www.jazzjackrabbit.com had for download. I really loved Operation: Clone Killer. I recall trying to edit it and kind of messing it up. But gradually I forgot about it again.
Then I found it again. Maybe I hadn't been the right age or something before, but I liked it better then. Actually, it's probably because I figured out how to use JCS. (Very slowly)
After a while, I found J2C. It was great. Loads of levels. I kept wanting to release something, so I worked at JCS. Imagine my shock when I found that no, J2C was dead.
After that, I felt like I was wandering in a dead area. All those names in the downloads section, but... the whole community (though of course I didn't think of it like that then) seemed dead.
Then I found J2S. It was.. weird. I recall it wasn't the best sign Jazz was alive. However, I particiapated in one of the polls. I didn't want to be really involved, I believe, so I chose a name that didn't make me seem like really an enity at all.. "Unknown Rabbit."
Then I tried the JMMB. Jazz was alive! Unfortunately, soon after I joined, it died. I mournfully showed my father, but he laughed at Dethman's closing message.
But! Then I found J2O. It seemed to be J2C and more. I eagerly waited (by this time I was more an active member of the community) for the JCF to be released, and then it was.
Quite a few topics ( mainly War Tavern ones) were carried over from the JMMB, one of which still survives. I've been writing since I can remember, so naturally this big open story (War Stories) drew me in. Though I'll admit my first stuff in it was quite bad.
I had found a niche for myself in that topic, though I frequented the various games in Misc as well. (Actually, at that point Word Association was really the only one) I got my other, rarely used, name there, too. (Never Mind) I think there hadn't been too many posts in it recently, and someone said "Whosoever shall post here next, shall forever be called... never mind." So voila, I posted there next.
Somewhere around then, I played some JJ2 online under the name "Main Banana" (I'm not sure why). I didn't do it for too long, however, and thus Main Banana was.. bwahahaha.. Unknown in JJ2. Online, that is. I still frequently try to make cool single player packs. (Most of which are never finished)
Imagine my surprise when, after my incredibly bad first levels in JCS, I became quite proficient at it. In my mind. I worked for quite a while on a pack of race levels which I loved, and though it didn't get very good ratings (especially from >CelL<) I kept going. I now can answer most questions in the JCS forum.
That brings me to about now.

Super Saiyan
Sep 16, 2002, 01:02 PM
Well, I never had JJ1.. and never played. The first time I saw JJ2 was at my cousins house, playing Singple Player Episode. After a while when I got my own Computer I borrowed Jj2 from him. And played the Episode. I never had much interest by then in jj2 since 1.21 didnt connect to Internet. After a while I saw 1.23+TSF in a shop, so I baught it original. After some playing TSF I discovered Internet play did work in there. So I played it alot and kept playing TSF for almost 10 months. Thats why I still like TSF nowadays. After some experience with people around in TSF I discovered the 1.23 patch and the community surround it. The clan DBZ helped me alot, the leader PiccoloDBZ aka Soulfire told me to download MSN which made me have more interest in JJ2 since I only had JJ2 people in my MSN list. After a while I started to understand everything. And now I play in both versions, 1.23 + TSF. I now play JJ2 for almost 1,5 years or so.

EDIT: Haha, never forget this part. After a while I played in TSF I also discovered JCS bit for bit. I made a lot of levels and wondered sometimes where to get the Tilesets from which I saw most times in TSF servers. So like I said I found J2o after a while and started downloading stuff. I never had interest on this Board, since I couldnt speak and understand English perfect. But after some months I really got curious about this JCF and just opened the board, signed in and started posting :)

Blackraptor
Sep 16, 2002, 01:23 PM
Well, jj1 came with my computer, only the sharware version.
I liked it, then I downloaded the full version on Crono's site.

You guys wouldnt believe this but, I bought Jazz Jackrabbit at an old unpopular computer game store for 2 dollars!!! I played it, and had no idea how to us JCS. Then as I knew how to use the enemies, I had problem qwith animations. I soon found out how to use them reading the help me. Then I got tips of other people's levels. I found Jazz2online by surfing the web looking for a good Jazz Jackrabbit the secret files download site. After a while, I finally decided to join, and here I am. Once you have finished throwing tomato's at me I will go now.

Link
Sep 16, 2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by URJazz
Wow. Trafton you joined BK? Did you know the leader, CoolBK, very well?

Interesting you should say that...I was in BK and I was good friends with CoolBK too..until it happened. I was in SSB and BK at the same time, and one day I was informed by CoolBK that there was a war between SSB and BK, and I needed to quit SSB. But, I was more loyal to SSB, so our friendship kind of died. But now onto my story.

When I was about 6 or 7, I got into computers. My dad took me to Futureshop to get some games, and I picked out the Jazz Jackrabbit 1 demo and some other game from the $2 bin. I instantly loved it, but I was awful at it. One thing I remember though was that my babysitter was really good at it, and she always helped me through the hard parts. We always played it when she came over. When I beat the game I was very disappointed, because on the front of the diskette there were screenshots of all sorts of other levels which I never saw in the demo.

Eventually I forgot about it and went on with my life. One day though, I was at a family friend's house, and they had the full version of Jazz. I remembered back to what I had and instantly got excited. I borrowed it and copied it to my hard drive, and I was instantly hooked. But time passed, and about a year later I went to the same family friend's house, and they had JJ2! Again I "borrowed" it and was instantly hooked again.

This is where I can actually put in some timeline. I copied JJ2 in about spring 1998. However I didn't have the internet (though I wanted it desparately), so didn't discover online play until december, when my christmas present was internet access (on a 14.4 modem). I played for a bit, but just found that my computer (60MHz) and internet were too slow. I played on and off, but I never really considered myself part of the community. I had made one level, "Toiled Treasure", which was actually an edit of one of the official treasure hunt levels which I turned into a CTF level.

Friday December 17th, 1999: The day my life changed. I got cable internet finally, and at the same time I got a new computer (500MHz). I was instantly playing JJ2 online and met all sorts of people. I joined my first clan (SW) on the same day. Soon after that I found out about the JMMB, and I registered there, but I never really posted until later. (If anyone can remember back that far, I posted one topic "Annoying Parents", about being cut off from JJ2 for 2 months. It was in the wrong forum though, and I thought I would get banned for doing that [I had never had any experience with message boards before]).

I had the most fun on JJ2 in that first year after getting cable. I met lots of people, made lots of friends, and so on. I wasn't off at all when the list server went down permanently, because I immediately went to J2C and got the patch. After that there were a lot less people on, and many of my friends were gone. But I still played, and the number of people playing went up as more people found out about the patch.

I was also a frequenter of Dimension Jazz, and I liked the message board there because it was a smaller community and more friendly than the JMMB. When the JMMB went down, I can't remember where I heard of J2O (It was either DJ or the BlueBoards) but I registered as soon as I found out about it.

Then there was the fateful day that I found out about cheating online. I instantly liked doing it, and I found out a lot of stuff. I decided to make a program to simplify the position addresses, and to be able to quickly warp to other people. Unlike many people who learn VB so they can make a trainer, I already knew lots of VB and MegaWarp was suddenly born. I used it personally for a bit, but I needed to share it. I posted a message on a message board somewhere (can't remember if it was the JCF or the JMMB), and the first three people who replied got to be program testers. I never even thought that it would damage the community if it got out. The three people I sent it to liked it, but by then I decided I shouldn't release a cheat program. I sent it to one more person (you know who you are) and failed to tell him not to spread it. After that I left JJ2 for a while, and when I came back (after about a month) I was completely flabbergasted that my program was on the tip of everyone's tounge's. I joined a server one day and it was hosting a test level. One of the "rules" was "No MegaWarp". I was totally surprised and very shocked and upset.

Eventually J2HG was formed. It was originally not my idea, but I was the one who took the time to get it organized and set up the site and the board. A lot of the online cheaters turned good and became part of J2HG. MegaWarp actually had a bad side and a good side. I consider it the start of widespread cheating, and also the start of using memory for useful things. I think that if MegaWarp had never been made, J2HG would have never been formed.

So eventually things calmed down, and that is where I'm at now. I'm not great at the JJ2 game, but I like the JJ2 community and I like researching and helping for J2HG.

And that is my JJ2 story. Sorry if it is too long (probably nobody is going to read it all). I'm looking forward to my upcoming three-year-JJ2-anniversary this December 17th, 2002.

atesoRJOL
Sep 18, 2002, 01:33 PM
I doubt anyone wants to hear my full story, and if you do you will probably think its weird.

I moved to Russia with my parents, I was living there a while then my parents had to get no visas; to do this they had to go to another country for a short time. In this time, I was staying in my dad's friends apartment, and they had computers.
They were trying to find me something to do, there where a few cool computer games, but then I never saw them again, they kept showing me more and more. Then one day this lady (my dads friend) got out a Jazz Jackrabbit1 CD and then I had never heard of Jazz.

She put it in the CD drive and showed me what Jazz1 was like, she told me it was someone's favroite game (a boy who is some how realated to her named Peter and he liked me, I dont get into that sense thats not what this is about)
anyways I loved this game; at this time I did not like the boy. I saw him playing one of the Medevio (however its spelled) levels then I asked the lady how to get to it and she loaded it later for me.

I only actually got to the first Letni level while I was there without starting from another place. I stayed up to 11:00 pm once playing jazz!
Then I had to go and I was crying cause I couldnt play the game anymore. Then they installed it on my dad's Windows 3.1 computer and I could play it, and I finished all the epesodes without cheating!
Then on the internet I found the Epic site, then Jazz2 and then JDC and some level editing group's site, and ah yes, the Fox Hole.
I was trying to download the demo but I didnt know how to download then. I went to a computer sale with my dad when he bought his laptop then I bought a copy of Jazz2 there for $11 or $12.
He got an internet connection after a bit then I figured out how to play online with some help, then I tried to type JJNXT in multiplayer and then I found out T was to chat. I found not everyone on Jazz2 was nice, and that some liked to destoy peoples reputations.
I downloaded TSF from a site, but I dont have it anymore..

Txl Kill
Sep 18, 2002, 03:18 PM
I first had the demo and start the clan TXL on its with Txl Dude/Txl Splash. Then i bought the JJ2 game after seeing it on the ad on the Demo. From then on i joined the jj2 community and created the TXL clan on my first day.. we had 30 some odd members in the first few months.. we never did use J2C so we werent a big MB people i think it was ok, then i joined CC i was with them for a while then i tried out and got excepted into GpW after GpW closed i returned to CC and i am now a happy member with them = )

OH YEA AND I JOINED UR AND BECAME CO-LEADER CAUSE UR IS THE BEST CLAN EVER!

Tubz
Sep 20, 2002, 06:22 PM
Dateline: -, -, 1998

When I first played Jazz Jackrabbit 2, I had went to the currently dead 'official' JJ2 site: http://www.jazzjackrabbit.com/

After a while I updated JJ2 to 1.23Shareware version then I started playing and meet my 2 first friends. I completely forgot their names but strangely after like a month I never saw them again, I met them in DiamondusWarzone CTF.

I bugged my dad to buy me Jazz Jackrabbit 2. I had played the demo of Jazz Jackrabbit 1, I have been toying around with Epic stuff. I guess I forgot what happened :P. Hmm, ok so after Jazz2 was bought at a Best Buy store located on Kirkwood Highway. I was in the front seat of my dad's Pinegreen Ford Ranger constantly taking it out of the box and looking at it.

I constantly was reading the back of the box and stared at all the back cover art. Finally, we arrived at my home and I raced inside, took off my shoes, loaded up the PC, and popped JJ2 in the CD drive. *Oooooh, Self Destruct looks tempting! Bleh, it doesn't do anything!*

Ahh, yes at that time I believe I was using Microsoft Windows 98. Not much of a difference 5 years later, because I now use Microsoft Windows 98: Second Edition. After I decided where to install JJ2, I chose drive G. And it automatically created a directory (G:/Jazz Jackrabbit 2).

Ok so right away I went on to playing and finishing the platformer single player levels. I think it took me a couple of days-a week. Alright so after a while I started playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Multiplayer mode.

Well after a while I eventually discovered the 2 greatest JJ2 sites of all time: Jazz2City and Jazz2Stuff. Both sites are dead so no need to give the links. Ok so I started hosting MP games. It took me a while before I started making levels like I remember that back then I had no clue at all how to make levels.

I guess you can say that I taught myself how to use JCS. My first level was dang funny looking hahaha. I didn't know how to make a background/wallpaper so I ended up putting all the background tiles in layer 4, hahaha. Ok my first 2 level, the first was this was in a Sonic tileset pack.

O, I know you all remember those classic Sonic3 sets, forgot who made them :P. Ok so eventually overtime I got better and better at making levels. Finally when I played Jazz2 I eventually learned about clans and met some people.: JJ Sysop, ShadowGPW, and JJ Xeno GPW, I think :P.

I joined the JJ (Jazz Jackrabbit) clan. I was in it fooooooor sooooooo long! But eventually Sysop disappeared and appeared that he never came back. Also Xeno disappeared, I had no clue where he went. I was in GPW for a short period of time, before I left before GPW changed their name from the best: God's Promise to Win to some other thing, also because of no multiclanning.

I eventually learned about the new gametypes: Survivor, Hotel, and Puzzle. Yes, I made a puzzle level. It was fairly successful, I rated the difficulty: Medium. As I hope I got at least 5 people, even better more into the Hall of Fame.

Overtime I joined the CC (Cracco clan). I learned that it had tons of members. Ok so I was in the clan for a good 1/2 years. Eventually which was a couple weeks back me and a man named Drake started a clan, called SDU (Silver Dragons United). We are slowly building, and so it's fun to make clans, even better when there is a co-leader, it was his idea to make a clan.

After that happened I left all clans I was in, only 2 :lol: I was in JJ and CC. So left them and made SDU. Around a couple of weeks/months back beforre SDU everyone started adapting to this no multiclanning rule. Eventually CC caught on, and JJ was dead (for a looong time, but I never wanted to admit it). So me and Drake made SDU the same way, no multiclanning.

After a while, I started leaving and recoming on JJ2. I got soooo bored of the game :P. That's when I started downloading what you all call as "Warez." Eventually I came and left JJ2, ok so eventually I returned for a long time. I might leave and join again.

Recently crazy organizations that aren't clans started popping up. I believe only 2 were made so far, EVIL and GOOD. These organizations aren't exactly clans, so we allowed SDU members to join them. I joined EVIL.

Alright that's practically my life story. 5 years later since the creation of Epics 2nd most popular game (guessing boring Unreal Tournament is first). And people are still flooding in :lol: and the term "oldie" has been adapted to most JJ2 members.

Crosis, Shadow, me, Xeno, Trafton, (maybe IAm Canadian), Wakeman, etc...

Hope you enjoyed a look into the life of [SDU]T.

Bliss AKA Blink
Sep 30, 2002, 01:14 PM
Well, I was rather bored once, like 4 years ago, and a good friend of me told me he played JJ2 online.. so he came to my place and brought JJ2 with him..

So I started up JJ2 and fiddled around a bit and made my very first level and it sucked. After like a week I joined FR and met Overlord and Dr. Spaz.. Made a level called FR Castle wich was quickly changed into CR Castle when I founded my very own sucky clan a couple of weeks later. But first there was the "Big Server Crash" for like a month or more the servers were down and we played by asking eachothers IP numbers over ICQ...

So after that I founded CR, together with the, a bit younger, brother -Fedboy- of the guy that gave me JJ2, since FR was kinda dead.

Another week or so later I met Nitro and he still tells me about that moment like every week on MSN.. lol. I asked him to join CR and he did so, and he was the 3rd member of CR.. more followed.

Well, around that time, and CB will probably say this is true, and that he was around for much longer and CC rox and stuff, we became aware of the new phenomonon CraccoBoy. He had a so called "newbie clan" (imitates Dr. Evil) wich means he asked every poor soul to join him and quickly he had alot of members,
and alot of my members ran to CB cause it was so big..
With the excuse "Quality over Quantity" CR still lived, although barely. Quickly I found out I didnt like Cracco Clan. And I did some wars with them (some.. no.. actually 1.. or 2?) and lost them all, kinda "weird" when nobody shows up xept me and Nitro.. lol.

Well, now we come to the point where I was on the "Highest Point" of my hate against The Cracco's and I kinda did everything to make their life miserable.. But how do you do that on an online world? Well you hardly can.. LOL. But I gathered some "little white lies" of Cracco and did some chats with Cracco and logged them all, together with NewSpaz, and we posted them on a messageboard, and CraccoBoy was (mad) (boy that was fun!) And he told me stopped CC. So, with my head in the clouds I continued playing JJ2 and ofcourse the next day CB "revived" his clan and his whole The Elemental Clan thing wich were allies or something were amd at me and I got banned at every Cracco infested server. And I still liked it.
After a few, as Nitro would call it, "Blink's Nervous Breakdowns", I
finally stopped CR (actually I just deleted the tag from my name since CR was like 300% dead already anyway).

I continued dragging on in JJ2 for a few more months and after like 2 years finally quit JJ2, after one last spy-attempt on CC together with Flea... We took new names (I even acted as a girl.. woa, god I even flirted with CB) something like Blooz and something else.. and we had to do all kinds of ridiculous tests.
But it was so funny and we finally told CraccoBoy that we were Blink and Flea.

So then I quit JJ2, started playing other games.. like:
Worms Armageddon (They said I was a natural talent in "Roping".. (-) is that?)
Quake 3 Arena
EverQuest (EverCrack) = keywords: online rpg 3d world addicting paygame americans with no lives that play 7 days without sleeping and manginas (males that play a female avatar in the game). after like 2 years I stopped EQ too.. and now im playing stuff like Neverwinter Nights (bad game) Baldurs Gate 2 (super),
IceWind Dale 2 (still busy with that) and Jedi Knight 2: JEdi Outcast (online) and I even do some JJ2 now and then :p

Derby: Content/Context edit.

~SPLASH~
Oct 1, 2002, 03:21 AM
I found JJ2 in a store, but it was very expensive, so I didn't buy it. A couple of days later I found it in another store, but very cheap (it was version 1.1, instead of the expensive version 1.21). At first I was known as 'Skeeter' but I found that name really dull, and my friends and I thought it would be nice if we would all have to do with elements. So I named Myself Splash (which has turned into ~SPLASH~ overtime), and my friends called themselves Fire (F!re), Blizzard (who, after finding out there was already someone called like that, named himself Payback) and TheRock (who changed his name into Figash later on, again for the reason that there was already someone named TheRock). I think I used to be a mediocre player, and a slightly better than mediocre builder. I don't really have any 'super-skill' on any of the sides. I don't play Jazz2 anymore, but I sometimes visit this board (like now)..

4I Falcon
Oct 1, 2002, 04:08 AM
I found JJ1 on my really old computer. It was the shareware ver. tho, but it was enjoyable. I occasionally went to GameSpot to see what demos I could pull off the net. And what did I find, but the JJ2 demo! I played that for a while, but the four levels and the one party mode began to get tedious. Later, in an Electronic Boutique, I found the full version of JJ2. Without thinking, I grabbed it off the shelf and ran! *cough* well, not quite. I bought it as soon as I saw it, and played happily at least three hours a day. (One word. Obsessive.)

One day, I lost the disc at a friend's house, and then he lost it over at his friend's house... you get the idea. I almost completely forgot about JJ2 for about two years, until one day, I searched for Jazz on Yahoo... y'know, just to see what was new since J2C died. I found J2O and a bunch of other sites... and eventually, I got the game from Refalm again. (yay!) That's my story.

I didn't really have a net name before I lost the disc... I think it was something like Y2KBug... whatever. Currently, it's Jack Flash, as you all would know by now, from my self-centred ranting.

Bliss AKA Blink
Oct 1, 2002, 04:13 AM
hey I remember Cool BK... he had a room in my 3rd level :p

Tik
Oct 1, 2002, 04:52 AM
I've replied to various types of threads like these, and so I'll just do the simple story instead of typing a load of crap over and over again:

Heard about Jazz1 in 1994 because I was obsessed with Sonic and Jazz was the closest thing to it. I heard about them making a Jazz2 and followed it very sporatically until the begining of 1998 when I found out it was being released, and I got the shareware when it came out and the full version in June or so.

Whoo.

Stijn
Oct 1, 2002, 06:40 AM
I'm not sure when I go JJ2, something like 3 years ago I think. I bought it because I saw a review of it, and I played it with some friends once, and I liked it.

Actually I discovered the "Internet Play" button kinda fast. I went online with the nick "Whizzy" (lol). I discovered UJP, a clan (really), I joined it, became leader when the clan was almost dead, left it, joined MB and FD, left them (died), joined SR, joined TT, and I have been in TT since uhm... a month after it was found?

Whatever, it has been fun ;)

triptothane
Oct 1, 2002, 03:39 PM
it was 1997 and i was getting my first computer actually im using it right now. But anyway I also got a box with a cd in it with some shareware games. OMF, Hocus Pocus,Mystic Towers, and Jazz1
I didnt really play it much. But when I heard that there was a jj2 i really wasnt interested. When i heard of tsf then i really wanted to play jazz 2. Heard aiko had some copies e-mailed him along time ago and he said it was published by some other company called lk avalon. I saw on hazes site the p2 distrib of it. Didnt know what was the difference but I wanted to try to get the p2 version of it. alas in these last few months i have become lucky. I found Jazz Jackrabbit 2 The Secret Files on Ebay using the refine option to look at auctions from all over the world. There were some previous bids but I had won it!!! I paid through paypal. It came from the uk to the us in about just a week. I found a package on my porch and knew what it was. I know have jazz and tsf. Gotta get the 1.23 patch though and not sure what the tsf patch did but it said on hazes site that it would improve gameplay or something. But now i have jj2 and jj2 tsf i liek them both but i dont know how to work out the interent play.

Radium
Oct 14, 2002, 04:34 PM
Well, I wrote this long story on how I got JJ2 here, but I accidently pressed "refresh" so I'll just say this: I got it off Amazon.com =P.

ShadowGPW
Oct 15, 2002, 12:36 AM
I saw, i came...

i'm here

Paul
Oct 15, 2002, 02:50 AM
to rephrase:

veni, vidi, jazzi.

;P

Super Saiyan
Oct 15, 2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Fl@$h

I discovered UJP, a clan (really), I joined it, became leader when the clan was almost dead, left it, joined MB and FD, left them (died), joined SR, joined TT, and I have been in TT since uhm... a month after it was found?

I JOINED UJP TOO :D Rofl, after half a year unactivity the (real) leader came back and thought I was still in his clan, yeah right forget it.

I actually joined alot of clans back into my young years when I still was a n00b. I just joined a clan whenever someone was yelling in his server: "WHO WANS TO JOIN MY CLAN!?" I just sayed: "YES!, MEMEMEME." He: "OKAY! YOUR IN!" I: "YAYAYAAYAY!"

Some of 12 clans went like that, now Im still in BOD...

XAYo HR
Sep 27, 2003, 11:08 PM
My Dad have in 2001/2002 jj2

for i played it is SP and later in MP i love it

Derby: Content removal.

Hugela
Sep 28, 2003, 08:34 AM
KJAZZ came over...installed jj2 for us to play(even though we didnt
say he can)and...thats how I got jj2. ;-)

Well as I was playing I did KJAZZs test lv, that inspired me
to make test lvs and/or beat someone elses test lv.
SO from that point on I made some test lvs.
Other then that I started knowing each other and started
liking the game. Now days I some times go on if Im bored
and not busy.

Lark
Oct 4, 2003, 04:28 PM
Labratkid discovers the Jazz Jackrabbit 1 demo in the Kids Only section of AOL.
XMAS 1995
Labratkid's sister buys JJ1 and Labratkid ends up hogging it.
Spring 1998
Labratkid buys JJ2 in a store which I'm going to say was Walmart.
1998 - 1999
Labratkid plays single player, makes his own single player levels, and goes to Jazz2city to download them frequently, never knowing you could play online without calling someone on the phone to arrange a game first.
Labratkid gets up his courage and plays online, but times out 30 seconds later. SIHDJKSDFHJKSHFSUX
Early 2002
Labratkid gets a new computer and new Internet, and JJ2 online magically works. Labratkid plays online for about a week before stopping and forgetting about it.
Late 2002
Labratkid makes his return.
Early - mid 2003
Labratkid joins CG, a noob clan.
A couple days later
Ninja convinces me I shouldn't be in CG because it's a noob clan, and I leave.
Mid 2003
Labratkid joins CC.
A month or two later
Labratkid leaves CC.
Mid 2003
Labratkid joins XD.
A week or two later
IronlightCC convinces me XD is about to die, and I should leave so I don't go down with it. He was right.
Late 2003
Labratkid joins TF.

There. The story of me.

With sexy HTML, too ;)

Ninja
Oct 4, 2003, 04:59 PM
Radium, why do you put punctuation after smilies? That's the stupidest thing you can do.

;-P.

Blackraptor
Oct 4, 2003, 05:19 PM
Since my post here was a year ago when I was a stup clux, I'll post my more organized post.

1996: The computer we got just a few weeks after I moved to Canada had 4 free games with it: Raptor, Ken's Labyrinth, Terminal Velocity and Shareware JJ1. I play the 4 games frequently.

1997 or so: My best friend has full jj1 on his computer, I come over frequently and play it. After a year or so, his computer breaks down/stops working.

2001(summer): I go to an old run down computer store to look for cheap games. The second day I come to it or so I discover JJ2. Remembering the fun times I had playing jj1 I buy it. The price is miracolously only 2 dollars.

2001(summer): I play around in jj2 (mostly the SP level) and I dont touch jcs.

2001(late summer/early fall): A few weeks later I meddle with jcs. I thought it would be some uber thing where you can create your own creatures and stuff. Then I had no idea how to use it and my first level turned out to have no events, no bg, only layer 4 and some poorly done layer 1 eyecandy. It was suxy and I loathed JCS.

2001(fall): I started surfing the web for jj2 stuff. I ended up visiting the daily carrot, the main jj2 page, some other jj2 websites with downloadable levels, some dutch sites and some other stuff.

2001(fall/winter): I got better at JCS and realized how to use events. my levels were suxy and used the carrotus set. I put in hordes of enemies and got the animation error a lot. I surfed the web and stumbled onto Haze's Hideout, and I loved that site. I downloaded the christmas versions from there, and some other stuff. I tried to download shareware TSF but my download messed up and made me want TST even more.

2002: (January): I stumbled onto j20 and thought it was crud. Then I found the downloads section and started downloading stuff.

2002: (February): I kept downloading more and more files. I didn't know what the rating meant, not much, and most levels I downloaded where 4 and under. I was amazed at how new and new levels kept coming.

2002: (summer) I finally had the courage to register onto j20, and posted some sucky levels. In August I played online by the name of "2" (mostly because the key to change the language from english to russian was Space + Ctrl, which were my shoot and jump keys, so sometimes it would change to russian and I couldnt type any letters at all, and didnt know why). Online I met some people called "Salamander" and "Spotty" but didn't know who they were. I also saw Bob as well, I think..

2002: (fall) I registered onto the JCF and learned how to join online games but not how to host. People thought I was an oldie when I joined and treated me with respect.

2002: (fall) I learned how to host. Darker hosted a test server and I was doing really well on it. Then he asked me to join RR and I did. That was my first clan.

2002: (late fall) I was spamming the jcf boards mindlessly and was playing online frequently. During the winter or around that I couldnt join OR host, so I played jj2 no longer. I still visited j20 and jcf.

2003 (early spring): I got my connection back and could play. I also quit TRC.

2003: Things started going good from here and I dont feel as if I should mention them.

defalcon
Oct 4, 2003, 05:33 PM
Played JJ1 shareware. Liked it, so I got and played the full. Got the JJ2 demo when it came out. Got full when that came out. Went to J2C and the JMMB, after they died I migrated here.

Karmus
Oct 6, 2003, 04:58 AM
Got JJ2 (1.20) in christmas present including JJ1 full enchanced version. Have seen the demo of JJ1 before.
Found J2C and posted levels. Site died, the whole thing got rubbed until today I found J2O.