PDA

View Full Version : Water!!!

Trekkie
Sep 18, 2002, 05:51 AM
Hi!

I have strtet to make a level now i need Water, how i can do it??

Please help me!!!

My English is not so good because i am German...

Newspaz
Sep 18, 2002, 08:07 AM
Okay, If I'm right there should be a "Water Level" event somewhere in the events (I think it is at Envirnoment > Scenery, but I can't check since this PC hasn't got Jazz installed)

This event has two things you can set.
1. Instant
2. Height (or something like it)

If you set instant to 1 your water will be seen right away. If you put it to 0 the water will slowly come up

Now a part that catches a lot of new people. The height should be set to the number of blocks starting from the top of your level.

In example: If your level is 64 tiles high, and you want the water to be 20 blocks high, you should set height to 44.

I hope I didn't make this to complicated for you :)

Violet CLM
Sep 18, 2002, 12:44 PM
The first water level event the player touches should ALWAYS have Instant set to 1. After that, you can have it instant or non instant, but until you've touched an instant, non instant water levels will not work.

For water level, the water's top is the Y pos that you set. If set to 0, the water level will be wherever you are when you touched the event.

If the water level is higher then about 128, instead of swimming, you will walk around in the water. It will behave like normal non-water, except with incredibly low gravity, and toaster won't work.

DoubleGJ
Sep 21, 2002, 10:52 AM
Hmmmm, something like in Sonic Advance (except that Knuckles and Tails ARE able to swim).

Unkown Zone
Sep 21, 2002, 11:30 AM
Use water level. If you type in the level "60" you get LESS water than with "15". The lower the number, the higher the water!

Kirby
Sep 22, 2002, 12:11 PM
Yeah, Low grav mode is really great.:D