PDA

View Full Version : Load of [del]scrap[/del] questions

DoubleGJ
Sep 23, 2002, 07:09 AM
1. How to make a J2E file...
2. I cheard that cinematics (J2V) work only when used in episode. Is that true?
3. How can I make sound in my J2V movie?
4. I'm looking for some people to help record voices for characters in my J2V... I can only talk as Jazz. :D
5. I think that's all. Wait! I know: do I have to ask all those questions?! :confused:

Fawriel
Sep 23, 2002, 07:13 AM
4.I can make ya a Devan...as soon as I get a micro!^.^;;
5.Do whateva ya want!:p

Tik
Sep 23, 2002, 09:14 AM
<b>How to make a J2E file...</b>
I do not know if at this period of time it is possible. I know if you successfully made a J2E file that it would automatically appear in the list in Jazz2 (for example, if you got TSF and copied over a J2E file from 1.23 into that directory, that copied J2E would automatically appear in the list, thus I don't think there is any 1.23 to 1.24 changes). There probably is a way via some 3rd party program that has yet to be made...but I dunno.

<b>I cheard that cinematics (J2V) work only when used in episode. Is that true?</b>
Well, I'm not sure what you 'cheard', but I don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps you could rephrase the question.

<b>How can I make sound in my J2V movie?</b>
Reprogram Jazz2.

<b>I'm looking for some people to help record voices for characters in my J2V... I can only talk as Jazz.</b>
Nu can du for me, sorry.

<b>do I have to ask all those questions?!</b>
YES! SLAVE! LICK THAT LITTLE SPACE INBETWEEN MY TOES!

Trafton AT
Sep 23, 2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by JSZ Jazz
1. How to make a J2E file...
3. How can I make sound in my J2V movie?
4. I'm looking for some people to help record voices for characters in my J2V... I can only talk as Jazz. :D
5. I think that's all. Wait! I know: do I have to ask all those questions?! :confused:

How to make a J2E file...
Some people have the Episode creator. It works fairly simply. You make PCX files of a certain size/length/color range, change an INI, and compile them using an MSDOS executable. The problem is really getting ahold of this program. Some people have it, but few are willing to distribute it.

I cheard that cinematics (J2V) work only when used in episode. Is that true?
They work more reliably in single player, if that's what you're asking.

How can I make sound in my J2V movie?
At the moment, you can't. When we get the source code, maybe. One thing I know is that they are stored seperately, as J2Bs.

I'm looking for some people to help record voices for characters in my J2V... I can only talk as Jazz. :D
I can do insane cackling, but I think that you'd have to find a better voice actor. :p

Violet CLM
Sep 23, 2002, 10:59 AM

Actually, ending.j2v, from my tests, is the only .j2v that will work as a next level setting.

Trafton AT
Sep 23, 2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit

Actually, ending.j2v, from my tests, is the only .j2v that will work as a next level setting.

I've actually seen cutscenes in other single player level packs, though. It may be that the ones that come with JJ2 are only customized to work at certain times. I'm pretty sure, though, that custom-built cutscenes work. I'm not definite, however. I've seen it, but not 100% sure how it worked. It *supposedly* works in multiplayer according to what I've heard, but I've never seen one in multiplayer.

DoubleGJ
Sep 24, 2002, 04:45 AM
In that "episode-J2V" question I wanted to ask will my J2V work when playing from HCL list... I heard that the J2v's work only from episode choosing list (place where you see images and episode imagey names)

Cpp
Sep 24, 2002, 06:19 AM
Lol.
Someone should have given me the program for creating episodes while I was making RHG. But since I don't make single player levels any more I find the program pretty useless (even if I don't have it).

DoubleGJ
Sep 24, 2002, 07:48 AM
If I can't make sound in my J2V, I think question 4 is off. :(
Wait a second. I have a shiny new idea! Maybe the J2B file has to have the same name as the J2V, except the extension!!! Me smart!!! (but that's only what CAN work. Haven't tested)