PDA

View Full Version : Patch respawn

Reaper
Sep 30, 2002, 04:05 PM
There is a respawn prog. But isnt that annoying tring to turn it on over and over... Well if anyone can get the source code cant you rebuild the 1.23 and 1.24 patch With that and a few outher this added like a anti crash... Well i think it would be very useful to do this, Therefore making it easier for the JJ2 Community to Live on!

Trafton AT
Sep 30, 2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Reaper
There is a respawn prog. But isnt that annoying tring to turn it on over and over... Well if anyone can get the source code cant you rebuild the 1.23 and 1.24 patch With that and a few outher this added like a anti crash... Well i think it would be very useful to do this, Therefore making it easier for the JJ2 Community to Live on!

"if anyone can get the source code"

It's amazing how so few words can mean so much. ;)

The fact is that there is a council (the well-named 1.25 council) that decides what will be put into the patch. There would be a patch out by know incorporating all of those if not for one thing: we currently can't get the source code.

Apparently, the owners of the source code still have some hope that it is worth something. Eventually, they will likely distribute it and the 1.25 council will make a patch that could fix both of these problems. Right now, though, we have to wait until we get the source code. Then we can fix up all the annoying mistakes Epic created in order to get Jazz 2 on the market when it was supposed to be.

Black Ninja
Sep 30, 2002, 06:14 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
anticrash can never be integrated to jj2.exe, due to the way it works. it would cause any level to crash instantly upon loading.
Just thought i'd clear that up.

Trafton AT
Sep 30, 2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Black Ninja
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
anticrash can never be integrated to jj2.exe, due to the way it works. it would cause any level to crash instantly upon loading.
Just thought i'd clear that up.

More likely would be that the 1.25 version of Jazz 2 would just eliminate the laser glitch completely, so there would be no need for Anticrash being a part of it.

I have four words:

No start position found.

Reaper
Oct 1, 2002, 04:05 PM
But Black Ninja what if you built a extra prog into the patch that dosnt activate the AntiCrash intill you start a server? Or build a lazer gitch prog?
Ohh well all im saying is it will be a lot of work! But someone hast to do it!! :p

Trafton AT
Oct 1, 2002, 04:12 PM
But Black Ninja what if you built a extra prog into the patch that dosnt activate the AntiCrash intill you start a server? Or build a lazer gitch prog?
Ohh well all im saying is it will be a lot of work! But someone hast to do it!! :p

As I already said, the council will likely just completely eliminate the laser shield glitch or just remove the laser shield, making this unnecessary.

It will, in fact, be plenty of work. There is already a council set up for it. They have a forum on this message board where they exchange ideas, but we (as non-council people) can't see it. When we get the source code, it will happen. Until then, all we can do is wait.

$tilettø
Oct 2, 2002, 02:25 AM
"As I already said, the council will likely just completely eliminate the laser shield glitch or just remove the laser shield, making this unnecessary"

lol They dont even got the Source Code and That will Prolly be hard So i dont think it will Work

intergate Programs with jazz2 would bee almost Impossible

Reaper
Oct 2, 2002, 03:47 PM
Cant we use the source code from the old patch but modify it a bit? I mean its not impossible ...

Trafton AT
Oct 2, 2002, 04:01 PM
Cant we use the source code from the old patch but modify it a bit? I mean its not impossible ...

As I explained to you over MSN, it is impossible because we don't have the source code for the patches. Even if we did, judging the real source code like this would be stabbing around a crowded room with a dagger trying to spear an apple. Sorry for the gruesome analogy.

Reaper
Oct 2, 2002, 04:13 PM
I think that it would be better to stab around than just sit back and wait for JJ2 to die before We get the code!

Trafton AT
Oct 2, 2002, 04:43 PM
I think that it would be better to stab around than just sit back and wait for JJ2 to die before We get the code!

There's not much we can do except wait.
We'll get the source code in due time. Don't worry.

Reaper
Oct 2, 2002, 04:46 PM
Man why wait and let people like DDL ruin the JJ2 Community .... We have a chance to stop it if we can modify some things!

Trafton AT
Oct 2, 2002, 04:57 PM
Man why wait and let people like DDL ruin the JJ2 Community .... We have a chance to stop it if we can modify some things!

Sadly, we can't modify things. And DDL and RK gave up. No one is destroying the community any time soon. Patience, young grasshopper. ;)

Reaper
Oct 2, 2002, 05:06 PM
afdsghjafhgjdfhvbjr I cant help it i want to see how good JJ2 can Be, So i haft to be impaticent! Dosnt everyone wanna see a Good JJ2 happpen?

Trafton AT
Oct 2, 2002, 05:47 PM
afdsghjafhgjdfhvbjr I cant help it i want to see how good JJ2 can Be, So i haft to be impaticent! Dosnt everyone wanna see a Good JJ2 happpen?

There are plenty of people that are going to make JJ2 future's bright, and face any challenges that may spring up. Don't worry - just live the moment. It seems this is one-sided, and I feel this could be done without posting. I would rather we use Private Messaging in lieu of posting any more.