PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know...

Disguise
Oct 3, 2002, 02:16 AM
...what the TSF tile limit is for tilesets?
I'm curious, never really made TSF tilesets (tilesets rule so much more if everyone can use 'em ;)).
Last time I heard it was something like 3 times larger than 1.23, around 3000 tiles or so, but does anyone know the exact value?

Did I mention I was too lazy to get the value by myself? ;)

Tik
Oct 3, 2002, 04:17 AM
I doesn't know, which makes me wonder why I'm replying.

Fawriel
Oct 3, 2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Spaztic
I doesn't know, which makes me wonder why I'm replying.
:lol:ROFL:lol:
Erm,I dunno as well,I always thought it was 1000,
but since it doesn't fit what you said,I guess I'm wrong!^.^;;

Rage
Oct 3, 2002, 09:02 AM
It's 4048.

Ice M A N
Oct 3, 2002, 10:16 AM
It is? Although I've never tested it, I always thought it was 4096...

Trafton AT
Oct 3, 2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Ice M A N
It is? Although I've never tested it, I always thought it was 4096...

It has to be a 4,096. It's a multiple of 32 because of the space of each tile, so it must be 4,096.

Violet CLM
Oct 3, 2002, 12:22 PM
Basically, it's huge, and if you have to ask, I'm scared of what you might be doing.

4I Falcon
Oct 3, 2002, 01:30 PM
Well, if he needs all 4096 tiles, this is either going to be a very good or very bad tileset. And considering we're talking about Disguise, I'd have to go with the former.

Disguise
Oct 3, 2002, 01:54 PM
holy cheesesticks! 4096! whoa, thats insane!

I remember the days people thought 1024 tiles was insane :P
One nice thing about it though is that if u fill it, u have 9 animation tiles, unlike the lousy 4 they give with 1.23 *mumbles*

Oh, and before you're playing guessing games on what I'm askign for, don't expect a 4090 tile tileset anytime soon in the future, since I'm still working on Saiyans tileset (which has barely gotten progress due to loads of little things and <b>WARCRAFT 3!</b>) and according to my estimate that will be about 800-900 tiles big (it's an estimate, dont count on ti as an exact value) and thats WITH sharing it with mirrow. I need to get off my lazy behind and start doing some serious drawing. It's funny how you're dying to draw and then all fo a sudden someone asks you for a game of WC3. I BET A DRUG ADDICT COULD SAY NO TO DRUGS EASIER THAN I CAN SAY NO TO THAT GAME! TORTURE!!!

Now for even more offtopicness, I got myself a WACOM SET TODAY!!! WHOOHOO!!! Man that pen is amazing, but I bet it'll take a while before I get the hang of the sucker, beats a mouse by a mile! :D

Trafton AT
Oct 3, 2002, 03:09 PM
Yeah. It's quite large. I dobut that any tileset except those with a ton of different items (i.e. customizable houses) would ever get ANYWHERE near that maximum. It would be interesting to see if anyone could make a high-quality tileset that got anywhere near filling all of those up. I dobut it, though.

I checked. According to several sources, it's 4,096.

Super Saiyan
Oct 4, 2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Disguise

Oh, and before you're playing guessing games on what I'm askign for, don't expect a 4090 tile tileset anytime soon in the future, since I'm still working on Saiyans tileset (which has barely gotten progress due to loads of little things and <b>WARCRAFT 3!</b>) and according to my estimate that will be about 800-900 tiles big (it's an estimate, dont count on ti as an exact value) and thats WITH sharing it with mirrow.

Dont rush, take your time. :)

Disguise
Oct 4, 2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Super Saiyan
Dont rush, take your time. :) YOU SAY THAT TOO MUCH!
Heheheh, you do, how do you expect to get a tileset if I take my time? I work better under pressure aswell. Spacey Universe (wasn't at my own place or PC so I really worked fats to get it done) and Wisety's Wonders (6 tilesets in 2 months, needed so much time that I 'left' JJ2 just to make sure I finished it for my birthday) both got better ratings than Nature's Ruins (worked 2 months on this set, with extensive beta testing and redrawing time and time over until I got the desired result). I know, I think it sucks too, the stuff I work harder on get worse ratings...

This weekend imma gonna work on that set 'til the tiles pour outta my ears. As a deadline, I'll finish all the basic building blocks this weekend, so that I only have the extras to work on...

Taz
Oct 4, 2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Super Saiyan
Dont rush, take your time. :)

No, just eat your time.

Super Saiyan
Oct 4, 2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Disguise
YOU SAY THAT TOO MUCH!
Heheheh, you do, how do you expect to get a tileset if I take my time? I work better under pressure aswell. Spacey Universe (wasn't at my own place or PC so I really worked fats to get it done) and Wisety's Wonders (6 tilesets in 2 months, needed so much time that I 'left' JJ2 just to make sure I finished it for my birthday) both got better ratings than Nature's Ruins (worked 2 months on this set, with extensive beta testing and redrawing time and time over until I got the desired result). I know, I think it sucks too, the stuff I work harder on get worse ratings...

This weekend imma gonna work on that set 'til the tiles pour outta my ears. As a deadline, I'll finish all the basic building blocks this weekend, so that I only have the extras to work on...

FINE! THEN IM GOING TO PUT YOU IN DARNIT SO MUCH PREASURE!1 I WANT MY TILESET DONE THIS WEEK }>

Disguise
Oct 5, 2002, 05:49 AM
Finished all the basic ground blocks yesterday...:p