PDA

View Full Version : X-mas Theme - Prior Planning Prevents Poor Preformance

FreeLance
Oct 6, 2002, 08:31 AM
Perhaps someone should start working on a spiffy one? The JMMB X-mas theme was the best of all the themes. I could probably do the graphics for it if someone else would like to programme the HTML colouring (it gives me a headache).

FQuist
Oct 6, 2002, 09:35 AM
Sure. Our current X-mas theme sucks.

Tik
Oct 8, 2002, 06:45 PM
Preformance is good, you can get it all out before the performance =P

$tilettø
Oct 8, 2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Fquist
Sure. Our current X-mas theme sucks.
Oh???

i use it from the start and i kinda like it improvements are always better trough!

ZeroDai
Oct 8, 2002, 11:17 PM
Any chance of a Passover theme also?

KRSplat
Oct 9, 2002, 04:51 AM
Your current X-mas theme is waaay worse than sucks ;)

The red+green don't match/mix
Logo is uninteresting+boring
Red is too dark, it's hard to see the black words
The lighter green color gives you more of a spring feel
Actually, it's not bad

Trafton AT
Oct 9, 2002, 11:23 AM
I think it would be interesting to have a theme that celebrates Christmas, Kwanza, Hanicka (major, major sic there) would be great, because not everyone celebrates the same holdiday. :)

ZeroDai
Oct 9, 2002, 06:43 PM
Hannukah, Hannukah, put on your Yamulca!

FreeLance
Oct 9, 2002, 07:04 PM
But Jazz is X-mas. I've never seen a Hannukah Hare 95 before, have you?

ZeroDai
Oct 10, 2002, 12:58 AM
They should make one. Otherwise its RASCIST.

FQuist
Oct 10, 2002, 07:40 AM
Uh, I don't think you know what racism is then.

Trafton AT
Oct 10, 2002, 12:03 PM
The reason that they only made a Christmas version (which was ambiguously titled Holiday Hare) is because most of the gaming population celebrates Christmas. There would be absolutely nothing wrong with having a "Season's greetings" theme that reflected all the different cultures. It's not racist, it's just not being open-minded about other cultures. I would really like to see a multicultural-friendly theme (though I sound like my Social Studies teacher by saying that) to celebrate diversity, even though I am a non-religious person who celebrates Christmas. Just an idea.

~SPLASH~
Oct 10, 2002, 12:08 PM
What's next? Do we have to colour Jazz brown because some people think the coloured people aren't getting as much attention as white people? Christmas is THE world wide known celebration, no Hanukah, no whatever stuff, CHRISTMAS. It's like New Years Eve. Not every country has New Years Eve (or not the way we have it), does anyone in this room feel offended because someone might eventually create a New Years Eve theme? I don't think so. Cut the crap, create a Christmas theme, use it, be happy. and if you still think there should be a Hanukah theme, just imagine the 'Happy Christmas' sign says 'Happy Hanukah'. sigh...

FQuist
Oct 10, 2002, 12:21 PM
I think there's nothing wrong with a Season's greetings theme

Trafton AT
Oct 10, 2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ~SPLASH~
What's next? Do we have to colour Jazz brown because some people think the coloured people aren't getting as much attention as white people? Christmas is THE world wide known celebration, no Hanukah, no whatever stuff, CHRISTMAS. It's like New Years Eve. Not every country has New Years Eve (or not the way we have it), does anyone in this room feel offended because someone might eventually create a New Years Eve theme? I don't think so. Cut the crap, create a Christmas theme, use it, be happy. and if you still think there should be a Hanukah theme, just imagine the 'Happy Christmas' sign says 'Happy Hanukah'. sigh...

If you mean Christians, you must not know that the majoraty of the world is [B]not[B] Christian. In fact, only a third (according to statistics from a Christian site) are. Totally discounting all of the other religions would be plainly unfair to such a diverse world we have. Even with my seventh grade Social Studies knowledge, I can name about 10 religions that aren't Christian. If Christmas is supposed to be a time for unity, why not have a diverse theme this year? Also, I mentioned this off-handidly, but no game company would release a holiday game for anything else than Christmas, because it wouldn't sell enough. There could be two themes, one with Christmas only and one with many different religions, to choose from if anyone really objects to the multi-holiday theme. Again, this is just my idea, but I think it would be pleasent to see many different cultures tied together in just one theme. :)

Ah yes, and Splash, what would be wrong with it saying "Season's greetings" or "Happy holidays" on the sign? That's generic enough to fit all of the holidays, but doesn't exclude any of them.

KRSplat
Oct 10, 2002, 03:43 PM
Ahem. How would we do the colors, images, ect. for a multi-cultural theme? Having all of them would be the same thing as a rainbow theme.

Trafton AT
Oct 10, 2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by KRSplat
Ahem. How would we do the colors, images, ect. for a multi-cultural theme? Having all of them would be the same thing as a rainbow theme.

It could have red, green, and gold (or white) tints. Not that big of a deal. Also, the buttons can be different colors. It doesn't have to be all the religions anyway, just a general season one not fitted to a specific holiday.

KRSplat
Oct 10, 2002, 03:51 PM
It could have the winter colors. In Holiday Hare and JJ2 holiday tilesets, they didn't put religious holiday signs everywhere. They used snow. Although white and grey is rather boring.

Trafton AT
Oct 10, 2002, 07:34 PM
White with red, green, and gold images would be great. Snow only would be boring. :p

ZeroDai
Oct 12, 2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Fquist
Uh, I don't think you know what racism is then.

I was kidding. RASCIST liek a n00b.

FreeLance
Oct 18, 2002, 04:02 PM
Gosh people. Firstly, he did not mean christians. Even the buddhist/shinto japanese celebrate Christmas. The X-mas in Jazz is not religion based. It is about presents, santie-clawz hats, etc..
I'm a christian, and stopped celebrating christmas because of it's un-christian past. I now celebrate it for the same things that X-Mass Jazz games were made to celebrate.
The Jazz games are not religious. Hannukah is. I have nothing against Hannukah, but by making a multi-RELIGIOUS theme you would be bringing religion into it.

I'm not against making the multi-seasonal theme, in fact I wouldn't mind doing it at all. I was just gonna take a christmass-y Jazz pic and write JCF on it with some cool effects and maybe put MERRY X-MASS or something on it. Let's not over-complicate things, people.

FQuist
Oct 19, 2002, 05:51 AM
Fine. ;-)

FreeLance
Oct 19, 2002, 07:09 AM
Oops...by multi-seasonal I meant multi-celebratory.

Fawriel
Oct 19, 2002, 07:19 AM
*cough*
I'm just trying out this X-Mas theme...
It REALLY,REALLY SUCKS!!!!:o
Worse than worse!
Add some interesting stuff please!
And the colours look far too plain!

Look at the "Dark Green"theme!
THAT'S a cool theme!
Dun ask me why!:p

And I do think you can add some nice images too at some places like snow,eh?^-^

Oh,about the other celebrations...
Wouldn't be bad at all...
But put them all in ONE theme,several themes are too much work!
(Not that this old X-Mas theme looked anyhow like christmas!:D)

Okay,I'm finished!
Now,if you will excuse me please...?
*runs off change the theme back*
*shudder*