PDA

View Full Version : The unknown events and rumored unknown events list!

Tubz
Oct 11, 2002, 06:25 PM
The master of events, Violet CLM. And the semi-master of events, Ninja Dodo. Had helped me write my JCS Event list, I have filled in some of the blanks, but yet there are still unknown ones.

There are 3 lists here: Unknown Events list, Unconfirmed Events list, & Discovered Unknown Events.

This questions has plagued JJ2 since 1998 when JJ2 was made. Now the question is answered.

Unknown Events (In order from Enemies-Pickups)
Beeboy-Swarm Enemies-Bad Guys
Dim Light Environment-Lighting
Set Light-Flicker Environment-Lighting
Leaf Environment-Objects
Sucker Tube-Trig Sample Environment-Objects
Fire Envoronment-Scenery
Lava Environment-Scenery
Area ID-ID Gameplay-Area
Tests 1-6 Gameplay-Area
Belt Left-MCE# Gameplay-Modifier
Belt Right-MCE# Gameplay-Modifier
Slide Gameplay-Modifier
Ambient Sound-Sine Gameplay-Sound
Jazz, Lori, & Spaz Start PositionsPos. Gameplay-Start Pos.
Gem Ring-Speed & Length Pickups-Gems
Autofire Pickups-Powerups
Gun Fast Fire-Type Pickups-Powerups
Max Weapon Pickups-Powerups
Laser Shield Although this JJ cheat code works (type 'jjshield' 4 times in SP mode, not CO-OP!), the event does nothing. Pickups-Shields

Unsure Events
NOTE: These event options are unsure of, they may have a purpose but when I talked to Violet CLM about them, he said they didn't do anything, or were not sure abou what they did.

Buttstomp Scenery-Empty, Empty, & Empty Submitted by VioletCLM: One of them lets it be used for MCEs, but the rest (as far as I know) don't do anything. Gameplay-Triggers & Scenery
Collapsing Scenery-Empty Submitted by VioletCLM: The parameter does nothing. Gameplay-Triggers & Scenery
Destruct Scenery-Empty Gameplay-Triggers & Scenery
Destruct Scenery BOMB-Empty, Empty, & Empty
Hor Blue, Green, & Red Springs-Empty Submitted by VioletCLM: This does usually nothing, but it may do something when made with an MCE. Gameplay-Triggers & Scenery

Unknown events, that have now been discovered
Addon Dog Submitted by myself: A baddie only for TSF. This baddie is invisible tall and undefeatable, he can’t be killed. It also doesn’t move. Enemies-Bad Guys
Addon Spark Submitted by myself and others: A weird baddie that is a dog-like cat, only for TSF. Enemies-Bad Guys
Bees Submitted by VioletCLM: They're an invisible enemy that generates so fast that you can have a sugar rush and it just bounces you up and down. The first time they are destroyed, you get 100 points, but after that no points. Place them on a tile of ceiling or wall spikes to make them work. Enemies-Bad Guys
Butterfly Submitted by myself: An invisible enemy that doesn’t move and can hurt you if you touch it. Enemies-Bad Guys
Tweedle Boss Submitted by VioletCLM: This boss does nothing really. But combine him with the Devan (Robot Boss) event to create the Jazz boss, this boss has no next level and music option, so this boss is really just for show, and not for play. Enemies-End Bosses
3d Spike Boll-Sync Submitted by Black NInja & Violet CLM: Type a number here, up to 3 to adjust how long the 3d Spike Boll will wait before swinging. Environment-Objects
ADDED NOTE: Sucker Tube-X-Speed Note from VioletCLM: For diagonal sucker tubes, set the X and Y speed to 20 (or -20). It will send you in a diagonal combination of those two directions. Also, diagonal sucker tubes going left/right and up will start out going diagonally, but end up going straight up. Environment-Objects
Area ID Submitted by myself and others: Use this event with the Rocket Turtle boss to control the Rocket Turtle. Keep placing Area ID’s to make the Rocket Turtle follow each of them, the turtle will not follow the same area ID more than once. Once the turtle is on an ID he’ll be there practically forever or if it’s the last ID then he’ll stay there. It’s really only useful with the Rocket Turtle. Gameplay-Area
ADDED NOTE: TNT Ammo+3, and on a certain condition Gun Barrel & Gun Crate Submitted by myself and others: This weapon does 0 damage in MP mode, truly it's only good for confusing Newcomers, using it on triggered blocks, and killing baddies. If a person in MP mode has 1 heart and you successfully kill him with TNT then you won't receive the points. Even know TNT does no damage, this actually can happen sometimes. Pickups-Ammo
TNT Powerup Submitted by myself and others: Yes, the TNT Powerup does damage, and unlike his predessor the TNT ammo, this actually deals 1 damage in MP mode and it counts if you kill someone with it. Get this weapon by blowing it up with TNT. Pickups-Powerups

Another Jazz 2 fan
Oct 11, 2002, 07:35 PM
Most of us already know of these. And, I might be wrong, but I thought Dim light worked.

Also leaf, fire, and lava were replaced by tileset animations. (Found in Diamondus and Dam*)

The TSF cat is not unknown at all, it was a new baddie they added to TSF. It barks because they couldn't (for some reason) add any new sound-effects to JJ2. (Maybe someone else can clarify this.)

The pos in start pos has to do with having sep. start positions. It would be used in multiplayer. If you die, you start on the next one, etc. (However, it is rendered useless by the Mulitplayer Start pos.)

The EMPTYs obviously do nothing. Epic probably was going to add some properties to those events, and ended up not finishing them. They are really just placeholders.

The laser shield was disabled because it was TOO powerful a weapon.

Finally, all those enemies and bosses weren't finished in time for the release of Jazz. They still appear in the list, because Epic never trimmed them out. (It is strange that we received the game in this uncomplete form. Still, it is nice to know what they were thinking of putting in, but either changed their minds or didn't finish in time.)

AJ2f

it's cool man
Oct 12, 2002, 12:44 AM
As far as I know, the pos thing in start position is useful to test a specific part of a level. Say you just want to test if the boss works, and don't want to have to play the whole level to see if he does, just place a start position with pos set to 1. Jazz/spazz will start at the start position with the highest pos number. This will save you from having to delete the original start position and replacing it afterwards.

SoulFirE
Oct 12, 2002, 04:21 AM
You should add the 'Blue Ghost' wich is an enemy for TSF only.

Fawriel
Oct 12, 2002, 07:16 AM
The beeboy swarm works!:o
(OR...I understood sumthing wrong:p)

Trafton AT
Oct 13, 2002, 03:39 PM
To my knowledge, the "Beeboy" event does work. It seems to be what the "Bees" event was supposed to be. Bees seems to do nothing other than provide an oppertunity for making a ceiling spike.

Tubz
Oct 13, 2002, 05:30 PM
FOO

Trafton, I didn't say that the Beeboy event didn't work. I said the Beeboy-Swarm doesn't work!
Ehh, it's obvious that only the things in bold, are the ones I was mentioning! Piccolo it really doesn't work. In my JCS test level, when I entered numbers, none of them worked.

Tubz
Oct 13, 2002, 05:36 PM
NOTE: When composing my super JCS Event List. I had taken forever to do so. Mainly because I created a mini JCS test level. And in that test level I had used all 255 events, and their options. The final results were in the list on my PC. Some of the results are written above.

The following was originally posted by Another Jazz 2 fan
Most of us already know of these. And, I might be wrong, but I thought Dim light worked.

Dim Light doesn't work.

The TSF cat is not unknown at all, it was a new baddie they added to TSF. It barks because they couldn't (for some reason) add any new sound-effects to JJ2. (Maybe someone else can clarify this.)

People who don't play JJ2 TSF might've not known this. So I posted it anyway.

The pos in start pos has to do with having sep. start positions. It would be used in multiplayer. If you die, you start on the next one, etc. (However, it is rendered useless by the Mulitplayer Start pos.)

Start Position, doesn't work. In my JCS test level, when I tried start position-position. It had not worked, therefore this option in the Start Position doesn't work.

The EMPTYs obviously do nothing. Epic probably was going to add some properties to those events, and ended up not finishing them. They are really just placeholders.

Ehh, what does Placeholders mean?

atesoRJOL
Oct 13, 2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by JJ Tublear

Ehh, what does Placeholders mean? [/B]

where they were going to add some other properies

Tubz
Oct 13, 2002, 06:20 PM
Oh, I c. Thanks Roseta.

Fawriel
Oct 13, 2002, 11:17 PM
Start Position, doesn't work. In my JCS test level, when I tried start position-position. It had not worked, therefore this option in the Start Position doesn't work.
[/B]
Err...I remembered having created a very bad level kinda as a beginning of my JCS-carrier(sp?!:p ).
I remember you HAD to DIE to go on...
I dunno why,it was sumthing I found out by accident...
It worked!
I think at least!:o
Someone check this!
(Hint:the level was mainly about morphing into birds or frogs!)

Tik
Oct 14, 2002, 04:42 AM
Probably the reason the Start Pos. didn't work is because you were playing in SP. This event is like having multiple warp targets all with the same ID - when you warp it will go to each warp target starting in the top left, and running right and down in order. If you place mult. Start Pos over a level in multiplayer, when you die you will go to different places. How do you think they have you start off in different positions after you die in Diamondus Warzone or Battle1?

About the Jazz boss being created by "combining" Devan Robot Boss and Tweedle, find a new name =P. The original "Jazz Boss" is an MCE I created where the boss is, basically, every sprite of Jazz, and it acts like the Devan boss. Besides, if the boss doesn't even do anything, how is that a boss?

I know that the Empty options for a bunch of those events have a purpose, and it really helps that that's all I can say about it. Buh.

You also didn't include TNT Powerup for a "discovered" unknown. When you place it in a level it has the same physical properties of a Crate/Box but is invisible, though I know you can destroy it and 'power up' TNT.

The Sync property for events was never a mystery. And besides, I'm pretty sure the numbers available for it are more than 3. 5, perhaps?

Word. Buh.

Tubz
Oct 14, 2002, 09:46 AM
Ok I shall edit the list to add the TNT Powerup. Thanks for reminding me Spaztic.

About the Positions in Start Position, they really DON'T do anything! I want to see PROOF before you guys can jump to the conclusion that they do something. Yes Spaztic I know in Diamondus Warzone, Battles1-3, etc. Have mutltiple start positions and they work. However, these start postions are just start positions! They don't have anything filled in the Position option.

it's cool man
Oct 14, 2002, 11:50 AM
As I wrote above, it does do something. You always, when testing, start at the start position with the highest pos number. It never failed w/ me.

Tik
Oct 15, 2002, 04:22 AM
Maybe someone should make an example level and send it in or something. Buh.

Trafton AT
Oct 15, 2002, 11:21 AM
FOO

Trafton, I didn't say that the Beeboy event didn't work. I said the Beeboy-Swarm doesn't work!
Ehh, it's obvious that only the things in bold, are the ones I was mentioning! Piccolo it really doesn't work. In my JCS test level, when I entered numbers, none of them worked.

That's Mr. Foo to you. ;-P

Anyway, the Swarm modifier does not work. I didn't read your message correctly. None of the numbers do work, there is always a set amount of Bees. I'm not sure what "Swarm" means anyway; it could even mean something other than amount.

Radium
Oct 19, 2002, 03:26 PM
That tall, invisable, TSF only enemy turns into a burning devil when shot with a freezer.

atesoRJOL
Oct 19, 2002, 06:29 PM
Swarm does work sometimes.

Gizmaluke
Mar 12, 2005, 08:16 PM
That tall invisible demon is Xmas bilsy

Violet CLM
Mar 12, 2005, 09:33 PM
......ok. That's (probably) true, but I doubt anyone was actively using this list for anything, so I'm not sure how helpful it really is. And some of my comments there are rendered useless because I <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcsref/node.php?node=65&menu=index&mode=id">didn't really understand MCE's then</a>.
However, what Spaztic said interests me...

LittleFreak
Mar 13, 2005, 12:50 AM
YAY! Thread revival.

Anyways, you forgot the TNT event in the Environment section, which automatically explodes and cannot be grabbed.

Violet CLM
Mar 13, 2005, 01:16 AM
Anyways, you forgot the TNT event in the Environment section, which automatically explodes and cannot be grabbed.
What about it? It says deliberately that it's not the TNT pickup. It's in the OBJECT section. It gets used by people putting it in crates and whatnot.

LittleFreak
Mar 13, 2005, 01:18 AM
What about it? It says deliberately that it's not the TNT pickup. It's in the OBJECT section. It gets used by people putting it in crates and whatnot.

Ooops, I thought it was in Environment. Anyways, doesn't matter.

Is this list also for unknown things you can do with known events?

MoonBlazE
Mar 14, 2005, 11:55 PM
Thread revival.You revived an ancient thread just to tell Tubs that he forgot an event in a list nobody cares of anymore?

Little freak, indeed.

LittleFreak
Mar 15, 2005, 04:59 AM
You revived an ancient thread just to tell Tubs that he forgot an event in a list nobody cares of anymore?

Little freak, indeed.

I'm not the one who revived the thread. :P

Anyways, yes I am a freak, and not too big aswell = LittleFreak.