PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to edit JJ2?

x
May 21, 2001, 12:11 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge to edit JJ2? i only mean minor tihngs like perhaps adding some more weapons characters and multiplayer advantages? well if anyone does have programs or can do this please do it and post a reply with news.thanks http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tubz
May 21, 2001, 01:34 PM
I don't really know how to. But I think it becomes Hacking if you edit JJ2. And it's Illegal.

Monolith
May 21, 2001, 04:30 PM
I can tell you, those arn't minor things to add/change ;)

Monolith
May 21, 2001, 04:30 PM
<SMALL>[Double Post]</SMALL>

Kaz
May 22, 2001, 02:11 PM
Hmm, new weapons aren't easy, that'd prolly be in the data files too... a inpirational thought however...

Newspaz
May 22, 2001, 10:28 PM
I guess you'll need something like a j2a file. Who creates a new Anims.j2a

Violet CLM
May 22, 2001, 11:12 PM
I have five new weapon ideas I'd like to see. If someone can actually make them I will post them.

Teej
Jun 18, 2001, 11:48 AM
Well, Someone is talking about giving out the source code so......

Kaz
Jun 18, 2001, 08:21 PM
hmm... I can't really edit jj2 that well, but I imaging from what I've seen weapons wouldn't be that hard... nor would characters if I could find and compare the lori stuff to the jazz stuff and teh spaz stuff and stuff... but... it would take a while I suppose. And we'd have to distrubute the data file everywhere.

EvilMike
Jun 18, 2001, 09:26 PM
Hack, edit, modify, change, it's all the same. Almost every other game has modifications to it, why not jazz2? It's not like the game actually sells anymore. (Well, not where I live.)

If you want to edit jazz2, you need the source code, and you also need to be a fairly good programmer because from what I have heard, they left out the comments in the game.