PDA

View Full Version : A topic worth discussing

Tubz
May 21, 2001, 01:32 PM
So now it has come down to this. Just yesterday I posted my old Hotel level: Allys and Gullies on Jazz2Online. And some people really don't understand this problem that's going on with levels.

Sad to say but people just don't think before they say stuff. Some people, I forgot the rules.

Ok now those people I said some of them might be at the ranks of Top Reviewer or J2O Addict. But their reviews might have problems. Hmm, let's see the problem was. I said in the author's description, don't rate this if you don't like hotel levels (I also meant don't review it either). But it seems those people don't really pay any attention.

The real thing not to brag about my level but about other people's levels too is that the problem is. People don't really how harsh, & criticizing their reviews are. Check out the bad reviews, and how they don't find as much good things in the levels as the amount of bad thing. And what's up the mirror thing what the heck is F!re talking about?

Um bad eye candy maybe if look in the tileset there is nothing to use the layers 5,6, or 7 to use with? Um what we use furniture in the background ok that look's strange. Or we put red Horizontal and Vertical Lines mixed with Blue?

In conclusion, Bad Levels ae not always bad the reviews the reviews they get are screwed. And the hotel level was posted just to show how to make a hotel.

Listen, the Jazz Jackrabbit Community should stop looking for all the bad in levels and should find the bad and the good in levels, our mistake is that we don't find the good.

JJ Tublear

Read my story Zafitariers Quest in the War Tavern.

Tubz
May 21, 2001, 02:02 PM
So you have your points, and I have my points as well.

ShadowGPW
May 21, 2001, 02:37 PM
Look, making the Gameplay ok is one of the hardest things of a level.. I DO not release anylevels witch has really boring gameplay..

The Eyecandy work in my levels takes a few weeks but gameplay takes a few weeks to even months, I let it betatest at home and by others..(Go bobby, Go bobby!!)

That people seek for the negative points.. ok, some gamemagazines do that too, it's the human part of them =)

FreeLance57
May 21, 2001, 03:26 PM
I understand what Tublear is saying.

If people don't like hotels, then they shouldn't say that a hotel level is bad.

I don't like, for instance, romance novels. I read more westerns. Does that mean I even sit around and think about romance novels? No. And I especially don't critique them.

Derby
May 21, 2001, 03:48 PM
I've already posted this on J2O a little earlier. This kills off the other half of the argument that was missed, was stressed against only by the author, or not stressed by the other side (the rest of the community) at all. Here's the non-profit plagerism. ;-P

"Personal attack. I'm so heartbroken. ;-P

I don't believe you can actually be stressing our freedom to review levels posted here. We're lenient enough not to rate your hotel in the first place (one reason being that you asked us not to, the other being that J2O needs lower ratings than just 1). It's all or nothing, and there is no in-between; either none of us rate it (there are some requests like that occasionally, and that's perfectly alright) or all of us rate it (with the exception of the creator(s)), so this is going to be considered overrated in every view possible. Wasting your time reading these reviews is better in every way than wasting your time making hotel levels no one likes; that's the truth that some might take in with difficulty. As this level has already been rated, other users may do one of two things:

1.) Users may cancel their system ratings and change them to N/A.

or

2.) All users may rate this download.

I don't believe it is fair for you to get higher ratings than others on this file pack just because you are only allowing positive ratings. You're defeating the purpose of J2O's review system, and are probably making many people (less myself, of course, as I haven't uploaded any levels) somewhat angry.

To put it simply, either noone rates it, or everyone rates it (excluding the creator(s)). That's all; no more, no less."

I believe this should be a loosely followed rule on J2O. What does everyone else believe? (Aside from the one person who I know will reject this idea.) ;-P

FreeLance57
May 21, 2001, 08:05 PM
or whatever...yaaaah...sure...uhuh...riiight

Newspaz
May 21, 2001, 10:00 PM
You can guess before you post if something is going to get low ratings. For example, you KNOW that most people don't like hotels. So it isn't worth posting.

Don't bother, it was hard to get good ratings at J2C to.

Michael
May 22, 2001, 02:57 AM
I just read the first two lines of your topic and I just want to say how much I hate hotels so there.

ShadowGPW
May 22, 2001, 04:46 AM
The only hotel that was good was the Tavren Project by Haze and Kaven.

Aiko
May 22, 2001, 06:53 AM
whats the whole fuss here about?

jjtublear, if you post a level at j2o, you have to expect reviews and ratings, bad or good ones. you can't say stuff like "if you don't like it, don't rate it". if you do so, you didnt understand the meaning of the j2o downloads. its there to give download recommendations for other people, who like to download some good levels.

of course, personal attacks in reviews arent a good idea. i agree with you there. personally, i always try to search for the good ideas in a level (if i found it, i usually mention it in the reviews). and yes, some newbie people overdid it the last few weeks. blah. end of story.

apart from that: <blink>PLEASE DO NOT</blink> use the j2o database for discussing. only post ONE review per upload. thanks :-)

Fquist_old
May 22, 2001, 08:45 AM
JJ tublear has gotten his last warning on j2o and his last warning on the JCF, for posting personal attacks on both sites.

Furthermore, if you post a level on j2o, you can't deny people their rights to review. Reviews are the way people would decide which levels to download. Getting mad at the reviewers because they don't like your level, is your problem. They owe you nothing, so complaining won't help.

Tubz
May 22, 2001, 10:08 AM
Geez, the Jazz 2 World is sad.....

If you ask for something why can't people understand.

Now talking to myself:

Hmm, I see now why all the bad things have went on. It's because of stuff like this. I'm not asking for a Utopia in a Communist Society because that's stupid. But why can't everyone get along.

Editing my Topic didn't help. But: here's some logic ok:.

Look if you don't like something why bother to get involved with it, i'm having trouble understanding this? Yet people, just wanna see it when they know they won't like it.

No personal attacks here. The jj2 community isn't enough after all. Well at least online.

Fquist_old
May 22, 2001, 10:40 AM
That doesn't prevent you from getting warnings when you violate the rules. The rules were visible when you registered.

Electric Ir
May 22, 2001, 01:09 PM
And you should've read them.

Fear
May 22, 2001, 01:40 PM
Now I could do just what the person who posted this thingy did, copy the exact words from my review on j2o, but im still glad you at least listened to the last review I posted, now I will give my opinion here.

You probably know (with you i mean tublear) that hotels often get low ratings and a lot of complaints from people who dont like hotels, because of that you posted a message and the file description, however you also started demanding that people didnt review if they dont like hotels, thats a little over the edge.

Now if people who dont like hotels (there are bunches of them truste me) review even BESIDES the description, ignore their reviews, if they give low grades then let them, its not your fault hotels are often underrated.

That is all I had to say for now, maybe i will continue later, maybe not.

Hope this helps those who read this...

Fear
May 24, 2001, 01:55 AM
Piz you are really making no sense whatsoever http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fear
May 24, 2001, 02:20 PM
Of course, Im always correct since i use the 2-rule system:

rule number 1: I am always right

rule number 2: If i am not right, then go to rule number 1.

Its just that simple

Tubz
May 24, 2001, 04:50 PM
Exscuse me fear but your saying is taken by a person name Mishkin. So I guess it won't work.

Fear
May 25, 2001, 04:07 AM
GRRRR Guess Ill have to stick with Murphy then:

- Everything that possibly can go wrong will go wrong.

And trust me, it will!

http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Krysis
May 25, 2001, 04:44 AM
Heh,

i posted my Trampoline level, and some people rated it as a battle level! I posted it as 'Other', and i said that you need to run it as a treasure level, and guess what they wrote in their reviews?...

"Not enought weapons or ammo"

GAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Fear
May 25, 2001, 02:01 PM
This again, how many times does it have to be said?

Allright here goes one more time:

In treasure there have to be guns all the better, because you have to blow away gems from your opponents and what better way to do it then with an arsenal of weaponry that never runs out?

Exactly, none!

SO treasure needs weapons because sometimes you have to shoot your opponents for the last gems.

Got it this time???

Hope so, because im not going to say it again.