PDA

View Full Version : An experament I recommends. Come and try it pals and friends...

Batty Buddy
Oct 24, 2002, 07:02 AM
Que Passa!!!!

No, this is NOT just another one of my polls for the art forum- this time, it has an example mixed in with it.

Now, this is mostly for people who draw animals/furries, but it may also work for other people. It's a picture I drew a while ago to come up with ideas for background characters (You know, people who never really matter to the plot but are in there to make the world your main characters live in seem like it's populated by more then 6 people. They really are only mildly important to the plot, but they sure make it look better.)

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=218021

Anyway, I just took 16 random creatures I never drew before and turned them into characters- heck, I've even given SOME of them psudo-personalities.

And I was wondering: Is this technique in as widely in practice as my poses technique?

Nemesis
Oct 24, 2002, 11:29 PM
I don't think it applies mainly to people who draw animals or furries, but anyone. A lot of people can draw random things and turn them into life-like characters: I used to do it myself, but I have no use for characters these days.

Sometimes people will think of a personality and fit a character around it, other people do the exact opposite. There are so many ways to do it it's not funny. Or something.