PDA

View Full Version : Click right here and you will say, "What the fudge is Halloway?"

Batty Buddy
Oct 27, 2002, 04:11 PM
Que Passa!!!!

"Why Theodore- that book: 'How to find happyness in a monster-free world' is an important part of my theropy..."
-Alvin
Alvin and the Chipmunks meet the Wolfman.

I said in my sig that with the end of October came the end of my monster/evil themed posts. Well, that day is almost apon us: Just about 3-4 more days (Depending on which time zone you live in.)
However, I ALSO said in my sig that something COOL was going to happen- and here's the start of it: A The first 3 parts of a comic story that's going to last about 7 parts. It's a Halloway story.(Halloway is the nocturnal version of Halloween. You go trick-or-treating in the daytime.)

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=219176
(Here's part 1-2 in Black and White.)

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=219178
(Here's part 3- colorized Sunday Funnies style.)

I hope you enjoy these comics, and that they give you a good laugh. Here's everything you need to know to get any of my jokes you might not understand:

Characters

Weasel(The fox)- Most mature and adult character I have ever created. He's president, extreamly rich, and a real charmer with the vixens. Sadly, he's also a bit of a jerk. He claims to dislike Mat, but infact, thinks he has untapped potential.

Mat(The kalong bat)- A lot like Weasel, only without the success or lack of people skills. Mat is overly friendly, but also is a firm believer of Murphy's Law. He has an illegal pet butterfly/firefly hybrid named Shades who he keeps a secret.

Xit(The gargoyal)- Weasel's pet gargoyal. Idolises George Lucas, dreams of playing in a blues band, and loves both Mat and Weasel.

Jackel(The dingo)-An accedent-prone antisocial idiot who pals around with Weasel, despite the fact that Weaz obviously hates him. Nothing more to say about him.

Ms. Leleb(The tent bat.)- A mysterous character: Nobody knows about her past or her real name. She IS on the run from the Nocturnal Mafia, and has a secret crush for Mat. She also can learn to do something just by seeing it done once.

Well, hope that explained everything. Just cause I like you guy's, heres a bonus picture:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=217080

Goodbye, and have fun out there!

Kaz
Oct 27, 2002, 06:01 PM
:lol: Go Pacman!

Batty, instead of uploading a JPEG, upload a monochrome bitmap. You don't get as much degradation (if none at all) and the filesize is much smaller.

Just read the second one... You would think "goddam" would do something :rolleyes: . Excellent work.

Captain Spam
Oct 27, 2002, 06:07 PM
Monochrome PNG. Smaller, and it's more displayable in web browsers. :-)

Mmm... comics good. :-) I likes. The coloring is simple and effective. Very nice; it's usually better to do something simple than overdone.

Fawriel
Oct 27, 2002, 09:46 PM
(YAY!!!!!HE"LIKES"US!XD)

Go Batty Buddy!:D:D:D
The comics rock!^^
But the one with Sue was better!:p

Batty Buddy
Oct 27, 2002, 09:54 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Weeeeeeeelll... I DO have plans for Sue + Louie to appear as guests in the final comic(Guests because they technically are not members of the Snooze and Mat world. They may show up on occation as guests whenever something like this happens, but on the whole the bugs are an entirely different "series", so to speak.). I'll leave you guessing as to what THEIR costumes are...

Fawriel
Oct 27, 2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
Que Passa!!!!

Weeeeeeeelll... I DO have plans for Sue + Louie to appear as guests in the final comic(Guests because they technically are not members of the Snooze and Mat world. They may show up on occation as guests whenever something like this happens, but on the whole the bugs are an entirely different "series", so to speak.). I'll leave you guessing as to what THEIR costumes are...
SPIDAAAHMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!!!!!!!!X D
*dies*

acid
Oct 29, 2002, 04:24 PM
It's video game characters, Piccolo. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... Dig dug and a pooka! :D

Batty Buddy
Oct 30, 2002, 10:22 PM
Que Passa!!!!

I'm back- with the rest of the story: Just in time for the big day.

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=220125

(Originally, I had a different idea for the lower comic, but I can't draw a Battletoad. I think my original idea was a lot better- if you want to see a script of it, just as and I'll PM it to you. Ah well, at least Jorwell and Coma got cameos in this.)

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=220135

And we finally find out who is desguised as Dig Dug. And Sue and Louie are a Pooka and...?!?

Captain Spam
Oct 31, 2002, 05:44 AM
Heh... I like the Space Invader costume. Very nicely done.. :-)

Batty Buddy
Oct 31, 2002, 06:59 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Oh yeah- forgot to mention: The guy in the Space Invader costume is Snooze's twin brother Coma.(Snooze is the guy in the Jazz costume.) Coma ordinarily looks almost exactly like Snooze except that he is albino. However, he is also an artist and treats his own body like his canvas.
Coma is also a real master of disguises and, as a result, ALWAYS wears the most convincing costume. He's also the only character I created who hates Christmas/Winter Sulstace(Personal reasons).

Fawriel
Oct 31, 2002, 02:58 PM
Gyahaahaahaa!!!!!!!!:lol:
Sue as Tomb Raider!XD
C00l!:D

(But what the heck is...the lil'spider?^.^;;Sorry,I always forget those names...^.^;; )

acid
Oct 31, 2002, 05:03 PM
I don't get the joke in the comic with Snooze as Jazz in the last panel:

What is that "Faerie" He's trying to catch, and what happened with Snooze and his dissapearing pot roast trick?

Batty Buddy
Oct 31, 2002, 05:31 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Well, that picture is actually two seperate strips. The first has Snooze with the disappearing pot roast trick. The second has Mat chasing after Shades his pet Butterfire(Butterfly/firefly hybrid.).

The thing with Shades is that, since he generates a large amout of light at times, he is actually an illegal pet to have among a bunch of nocturnal animals who risk going blind at the sight of him. Mat mostly keeps him secret as his discovery could get Mat deported. Mat is currently trying to make Shades seem like a special effect relating to his costume, to avoid the stareing eyes of the crowds.

And as for Snooze: he's an evil hippy psyco environmentalist with a caffine addiction and a fasination for guns. Snooze thinks nothing of blasting off a potentlly leathal weopon in a crowded room, and Mat usually has to be his voice of reason.

Violet CLM
Nov 1, 2002, 11:35 PM
Well, they're nice, though some things seem a little rushed, as in there weren't enough panels to really convey what you wanted to..

By the way, this is the 3,000th post in this art forum.

Krezack
Nov 2, 2002, 01:27 AM
No, actually, this is.

Lama
Nov 2, 2002, 03:59 AM
I believe Krezack has made the 3000th post in this forum.

Fawriel
Nov 2, 2002, 07:54 AM
And I think you all suck for that!:o

Batty Buddy
Nov 2, 2002, 09:38 AM
Que Passa!!!!

some things seem a little rushed

Actually, my MAIN problem that makes thing seem rushed is a tendency not to create things in the order they are to be veiwed. This is also a major problem with things such as my War Tavern stories: I don't create a begining, middle, and end in that order, but I tend to jump around randomly. One comic might be the end. Another might go well for a comic right around the middle, and then I might wedge in an extra strip between the two of them- but since I have a short memory, I usually try to draw them out before I forget them, then get rid of the stuff that contredicts other stuff. Throwing schoolwork, and other work into the frey, and it gets pretty hectic.
And there is always the danger of getting stuck for an ending... or a middle, or a begining, or a transaction, or even one picture in a single comic. I just fought a lot of those feelings so I could try to finnish a halloween comic before halloween ended. Maybe a couple more years of practice with deadlines and I can get rid of this problem.

Oh, and congrads on the 3000th post, reguardless of whoever did it.

Violet CLM
Nov 2, 2002, 12:25 PM
I did it. The JCF said there were 3000 posts in this forum and I was the most recent poster. Krezack cheated by having someone (probably himself) delete a post in here and then posting another one.

MoonBlazE
Nov 2, 2002, 01:09 PM
A lot of posts could have been deleted. Only the post ID proofs.