PDA

View Full Version : Huge sql change in J2o v1 - Tell me about any errors

FQuist
Oct 31, 2002, 04:59 AM
I'm working on fixing up j2o v1 and overhauling it's database communication structure. If you find any errors please tell me.

FQuist
Oct 31, 2002, 05:16 AM
Done. Please tell me about any bugs you find.
What I did was dramatically decrease the number of database connections used by J2Ov1.

Other things:
- Log out function added
- When logged in post comment displays your information already
- Did first step to fix the double account bug: tracking last visit statistics more efficiently so I can track down the false accounts.

FQuist
Oct 31, 2002, 08:00 AM
Started with the fixing of broken downloads.

Violet CLM
Oct 31, 2002, 11:03 AM
False accounts?

Violet CLM
Nov 3, 2002, 12:38 PM
Hello? What do you mean by false accounts?

Trafton
Nov 5, 2002, 03:02 PM
It appears that both JCF and J2O both just crashed and now are producing many errors. Did this have anything to do with the change or did the server just mess up?

Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
Hello? What do you mean by false accounts?
I would bet they mean people who use two accounts to cheat on the level rating system.

Trafton: post merge edit.

FQuist
Nov 18, 2002, 07:35 AM
It's people with two accounts of the same name which means their account is broken and all their posts display two times.

MoonBlazE
Nov 18, 2002, 08:11 AM
Well, I've 2 accounts, and I've one.
I've "Moonblaze" and "moonblaze". I registered the Moonblaze, but the "moonblaze" with a small capital appears if I add my review as "moonblaze".
"moonblaze" was never registered. But, I can't edit a "Moonblaze" review by type "moonblaze", and I can't edit a "moonblaze" review by type "Moonblaze".
Same with deleting reviews.
Well, its a bug.

FQuist
Nov 18, 2002, 08:27 AM
That bug is not related to the one I was talking about. It will be fixed in J2ov2.

For now, just use "Moonblaze" to post your reviews.

Trafton
Nov 18, 2002, 11:37 AM
What about triple accounts? It seems that whenever Roseta posts a review, she posts two carbon copies along it. It's annoying having to scoll down through three reviews. I'm glad J2Ov2 will fix the double post bug, though.

FQuist
Nov 18, 2002, 11:44 AM
No, the double post bug will be fixed as soon as I've got enough information to determine which accounts are broken.

Trafton
Nov 18, 2002, 02:46 PM
What about the triple post accounts, though, like Roseta's?

FQuist
Nov 19, 2002, 08:15 AM
That's the same as with the double accounts.