PDA

View Full Version : MCE's and crates

Blackraptor
Nov 3, 2002, 04:53 AM
Ok, this is the problem, I know MCE's can be used in crates, and I know how, but when I put extraevent no. 21 (smoke rings) flying jazzes appear instead of smoke rings and they confuse u, but it looks real ugly. Im playing in SinglePlayer, and using the sirius tileset, I asked a few ppl before I posted this, and they couldnt help, so I posted this. Please answer

Cpp
Nov 3, 2002, 05:43 AM
If you would like to use non-modified MCE's in crates make sure you include one without the crate somewhere within the level.

For example you said you want smoke rings to come out of the crate when you shoot it but instead of that manny jazzes on airboard pop out and fly away.

Solution:
Include one such event with a generator (in this case "Trigger Rock") somewhere within your level. Usually somewhere at the top so the rising smoke ring won't bother you.

Blackraptor
Nov 3, 2002, 05:57 AM
Thanks overlord, but I found another solution. The "caterpillar" enemy must be SOMEWHERE in your level for it to work. You can even put it out of the way so it wont bother you, and the smoke rings will work. I will not delete this topic, becuase some newbies may want to see it and learn from it, so I will leave it here

Cpp
Nov 3, 2002, 06:03 AM
Man! Just put a Trigger rock event with a generator within your level. You needn't use "caterpillar". It makes the smoke rings. Basically you only need smoke rings for it to work.

Blackraptor
Nov 3, 2002, 06:05 AM
That would ove been a good solution but i needed a caterpillar in my level anyways ;P

Violet CLM
Nov 3, 2002, 12:37 PM
This should be in the JCS forum, by the way.

n0
Nov 3, 2002, 02:54 PM
Ok, now I know this is a really n00bish question, but someone has to ask it... How do you put MCE's in crates? I know how to make MCE's, but not sure how to put them in crates.
THNX PLZ!! :p
`N0

Blackraptor
Nov 3, 2002, 04:17 PM
You know on a crate there is Random fly, Extra event and numevent. Extra event is where u put the MCE. You must know the exact number of the MCE you want or youll just have to keep guessing. Numevent is how many of those extra events come out of the crate. For example, event no 21 is smoke ring, if u put 15 on numevent then 15 smoke rings will come out.

BTW. this isnt a very n00bish question, i hust found this out a few days ago:O

n0
Nov 3, 2002, 05:20 PM
Hey, ThanX!
This will hopfully help some other n00bs, too!
Overlord, I think you should add that to your site.
`N0

¿Ðàrkér¿ RR
Nov 3, 2002, 06:45 PM
I like MCEs
I just put stuff and they appear, like my Spaz enemie.

Taz
Nov 6, 2002, 08:14 AM
Woop! This gotta be a sucky topic :P