PDA

View Full Version : Member List

Link
Nov 13, 2002, 02:29 PM
I often find myself searching through the forum member list for a specific person, and I find it very hard to find people unless they are on the first page or the last page. Would it be possible to have an alphabar for the list, or at the very least have links to more than four pages at the bottom? As it is now, I have to kind of guess what page it will be on, and then go through the pages 3 at a time, and then I'll miss the one I want, and then have to "zero in" on the target.

Trafton
Nov 13, 2002, 02:33 PM
I think this would be fantastic. I have the same problem, and it often turns out that the search function does not actually return the user's posts, so I have to play a game of "guess the number" to try to figure out what page what user is on. I think the alphabet bar would be a welcome addition. Maybe it could be organized like a dictionary, for instance the first being Aa-An, or whatever it happens to be, and special characters at the end. Just a thought.

$tilettø
Nov 14, 2002, 03:58 AM
Yeah what link says could turn out handy Search Function will Do fine also..

And Special Chars Last? why just do it at alphabet

Trafton
Nov 14, 2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by $tilettø
Yeah what link says could turn out handy Search Function will Do fine also..

And Special Chars Last? why just do it at alphabet
Special characters are currently at the front. I think that if it started with numbers, letters, then special characters, it would be easiest. It would be hard to find a program that would put all the special characters in with their alphabetical counterparts.

Link
Nov 14, 2002, 01:42 PM
Well you could just hardcode in. There are not very many special characters which can be used to represent letters.

Trafton
Nov 14, 2002, 01:52 PM
I wonder if there is a hack available to do this or if it would require reprogramming the board?

Unhit
Nov 14, 2002, 09:43 PM
Hmm....of course this would be a good idea. But I myself rather prefer an improved search function, i.e. that you can use *lin* and one of the rersults will be link.

Tik
Nov 15, 2002, 05:59 AM
This would be very nice. It would also be nice if someone could go through and delete all of the unused and banned usernames so that it's easier to sort through the clutter.

FQuist
Nov 18, 2002, 08:25 AM
The next vBulletin version will have this. It's in beta stage right now, but I don't know when it will be out.