PDA

View Full Version : Is this community in good hands?

Fear
May 24, 2001, 02:34 PM
Heh I thought I'd start a topic, about the 'top' positions of the jazz 2 community. As you all probably know, they are the ones that keep the community together.

But what does everyone think of their doing?

You may all respond to the following sentence:

- The jazz community couldn't be in better hands then it is now

Lets start a true discussion all...

Newspaz
May 24, 2001, 02:47 PM
I think about everybody is doing a great job. Especially FQuist he's always busy on all the projects and keeps track of our wishes and tries to fix everything asap when something goes wrong.

Afcourse, Bobby is doing a fine job to. But Cheeze? I haven't seen him in ages. And JJF is just trying to make his life go on. Cheeze is probably doing the same..

Wild Angel
May 24, 2001, 02:57 PM
Weehee

Hellraiser
May 24, 2001, 03:24 PM
it's run quite well. Everyone has a part, and no one's really the "boss" (except for clan leaders being the boss of their clan, but that's different), and so no one gets pushed around. I don't have too many internet multiplayer games, but from what I hear, the people on Jazz2 are a lot nicer than the people on other games such as Quake 2. We all contribute to sites like J2O, or build our own, and try to keep the community alive. Also, we are trying to get a sequel from Project 3, and you never know, we just might succeed. JJ3 would expand the community further, but the community is well run right now, because everyone is treated like an equal, but it's not communism.

FreeLance57
May 24, 2001, 04:54 PM
I think it's in great hands. While there are destinct leaders (like fquist), the place still has that round table feel to it. It's a great community of friends, really. Besides the occasional annoying person...

Shorty
May 24, 2001, 06:37 PM
I am doing absolutely nothing to help anything.

Disguise
May 24, 2001, 07:31 PM
We are all links to a chain. The chain is the community, without a link it would break, it would not have a purpose.

WELCOME, TO THE WEAKEST LINK!!! YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!! GOODBYE!! *HIC!* heheheh, I kill me http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anyways, that's what I think, enjoy http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AND THIS ROUND YOU ONLY MANAGED TO BANK NOTHING!!!

FreeLance57
May 24, 2001, 07:43 PM
i beg to differ, disguise. lot's of us could leave, and it not harm the community. (i.e., craccoboy)

seriously. we wouldn't break if he wasn't here. lollol.

Violet CLM
May 24, 2001, 08:57 PM
Whee, personal attack alert! (Sirens in background)

Fquist_old
May 25, 2001, 01:54 AM
On , FreeLance57 wrote:

i beg to differ, disguise. lot's of us could leave, and it not harm the community. (i.e., craccoboy)

seriously. we wouldn't break if he wasn't here. lollol.

Tsk. Calm it, Freelance. :P

I think many people are making great contributions to the community. It's great that there are still people making levels.

Fear
May 25, 2001, 03:59 AM
Whee! So many replies in only 1 day http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

One note: didnt cracco leave the community again? (for like the 20th time http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

Aiko
May 25, 2001, 04:34 AM
Fquist is *the* man. Thats about it :-)

Fquist_old
May 25, 2001, 05:40 AM
*cough* Bobby and Cheeze did a lot too *cough* http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ducky
May 25, 2001, 08:07 AM
Bobby's and the lot o' them are good too, but Aiko said it http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

`Ducky

Fear
May 25, 2001, 01:57 PM
I think bobby and fquist are like equally online, but fquist is online at the times when dutch are on (and germans too), while bobby is on at american times.

Cheeze however, I never actually seen him online http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Bobby aka Dizzy
May 25, 2001, 02:02 PM
Fquist owns JJ2. ;P

Fear
May 25, 2001, 02:05 PM
Fquist is not one of the programmers of the original game is he???

And bobby, why dont you respond on icq?

Monolith
May 25, 2001, 02:23 PM
No, FQuist isn't one of the JJ2 programmers <SMALL>(unless he's not telling us something)</SMALL>...

But he has greatly helped build the current main JJ2 site and forums, along with Bobby, and other people... (like Cheeze)

FreeLance57
May 25, 2001, 09:36 PM
I was actually being serious. he was the first example to pop to mind.

$TÛNT$
May 26, 2001, 12:18 AM
Well, my opinion is:

I won't tell. I would be banned or get a fat warining anyway. I'll just tell u some things remind of 1939-1945. That's all...

Aiko
May 26, 2001, 03:09 AM
What you need is a FAT kick in your FAT butt, STUNTS.

Newspaz
May 26, 2001, 03:21 AM
I agree with Aiko :P

Fquist_old
May 26, 2001, 04:11 AM
No fighting please. Criticism is welcome but trying to stir fights and personal attacks are not.

~SPLASH~
May 26, 2001, 04:32 AM
On , Aiko wrote:

What you need is a FAT kick in your FAT butt, STUNTS.

i know this may sound rude, but everyone can have an opinion, even if its rude

anyway i think its in quite good hands

FreeLance57
May 26, 2001, 08:55 AM
he was refering to hitler, splash. i'd say that's pretty mean. especially with aiko being german 'n all.

~SPLASH~
May 26, 2001, 09:14 AM
actually he could have referred to war as well

but okie

FreeLance57
May 26, 2001, 09:39 AM
ah so he could...but still.

Fear
May 26, 2001, 09:50 AM
In the past two days I have seen the word Hitler more often then in my history class about world war II... hmmm

But anyway, it is good that people give their opinion. Even bad ones.

Fquist_old
May 26, 2001, 10:27 AM
I agree. As long as they don't stir fights it's fine with me..

Aiko
May 26, 2001, 02:19 PM
Lemme put this straight: DO NOT even TRY to compare ANYTHING that has do with the kids game' Jazz Jackrabbit with 1939-45. It is *not appropiate* in any way. You obviously dont know what youre talking about, STUNTS.

End of story.

FreeLance57
May 26, 2001, 05:08 PM
way to tell 'em aiko.

Tik
May 26, 2001, 08:19 PM
And there was much rejoicing.

Yes, the community is in spiffy hands right now. I used to think that it was in spiffy hands when it seemed like Dethman was running around behind the scenes, being mysterious and all, and then suddenly he just "decides" to get rid the main Jazz 2 site, and later "decides" to get rid of the JMMB. Well, that's just not cool at all.

Ah, but FQuist, Bobby, and Cheeze are going a dandy job. "They're a good people." Keep up the good work, guys.

$TÛNT$
May 27, 2001, 02:01 AM
Looks like people didn't get what I meant, so let's analye it:

"I'll just tell u some things remind of 1939-1945."

Who says anything about AH? That ******* is in none of my sentences! Cos if I would talk about that piece of **** I would say: 1933-1945! (is this a PA against AH?)

I just want to say a personal opinions which differs from most others. And guess what happens: They didn't tolerate it! Some people were very wrong about what I meant and what do they do? PA's and stuff. Fear asked for everyones opinion so u should tolerate that, even though u got mine totally wrong.

In WOII the're was that same problem - U can't speak out yer opinion freely -> no toleration. Perhaps a more recent example is Communism Russia.

Like ElectroPizza said in another topic:

"Well, if I were, I would ramble only ONCE. We hear you straight in the eye, er... text.

I, for once, think that the (...) business is getting quite a bit overboard, but is there any need to personally attack and go on swearing like a bunch of sailors? Why, I oughta fire a round at the whole lot of 'ya!"

The point is people keep swearing and stuff. Just let it and tolerate it.

The only THINGS (-> some things) are the not being able of speeking freely without getting warnings and PA's.

The other stuff goes very well and if it wasn't for them (Fquist, Bobby, Cheese and many other people) Jazz2 would be dead.

The problem of my personality is I often only say the bad things. Sorry if I explained it wrong or hurt someone's feelings, it was a big mis-communication which is my mistake I guess... again sorry.

Fquist_old
May 27, 2001, 02:11 AM
Good that you clear it up, although you could do it without cussing. :P

The point is that we want to keep this board clean for the kids..

Fear
May 27, 2001, 04:56 AM
Ìs it not true that the ones who visit this forum actually are the 'older' members of jj2?

Because i doubt the others come 'round here, most dutch kiddies dont speak english that well yet (same for germans, finnish, polish and french), so I think the target group of this forum is 10-20 years (if you count aiko http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

NEway, stunts, you have proven the theory you had come up with on msn. (no-one needs to know about it so dont ask me).

It seems most people here agree with the statement of this topic. Thats good to know.

FreeLance57
May 27, 2001, 07:24 AM
don't even try it, stunts. i tried the whole "it's communism and we need just a bit more freedom to talk" before at the jmmb and just made a jackass out of myself.

$TÛNT$
May 27, 2001, 09:53 AM
I just discovered it 2...

Fear
May 29, 2001, 09:11 AM
If you call a kapitalist a communist, will he be angry?

If you call a communist a kapitalist, will he be angry?

*The Sanctity of this place has been fowled!*

*The smell of death surrounds me!*

*Its hot down here!*

*Hmmm I must be getting close!*

*Lazarus! Laaaaaazarus! aaagh...*

~SPLASH~
May 29, 2001, 09:36 AM
*LAZYNESS! LAZYNESS!*

thats what i hear every day at school, evil voices in my head

$TÛNT$
May 29, 2001, 10:33 AM
All I see at school is u put yer finger up highest of everyone (and often the only who does).

Than those Evil Voices really help, don't they? http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Is this offtopic or what?-

~SPLASH~
May 29, 2001, 10:42 AM
i dont put up my finger!

besides u only have half of the same lessons as me, how would u know how lazy i am?

anyway u know 0wn page2, try to get rid of it!

Fear
May 29, 2001, 12:35 PM
YAY already two pages of posting to this topic...

Well here's for a little change in the topic:

- If the people are doing so well (as most of you think) what kind of a reward should we give them??? (they after all deserve one according to the answers)..

Poison IvEE
May 29, 2001, 03:30 PM
I think that everyone that is involved with keeping this board up and running, deserves a big "THANK YOU". http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif You folks are all doing a really great job! http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lamer
May 29, 2001, 04:04 PM
This community looks like it is in good hands. Fquist is always doing his best to respond to our complaints ASAP and make the board better.

Fear
Jun 3, 2001, 08:59 AM
Hmmmz this indeed is one of the most active boards i have ever seen...

$TÛNT$
Jun 7, 2001, 05:47 AM
The people make it active. But just a few moderators are active.

Fear
Jun 7, 2001, 05:55 AM
Yeas, for instance, whatever became of Cheeze?

where did Dethman go?

Fquist_old
Jun 7, 2001, 10:47 AM
Cheeze has been very busy with other things.. dethman has a job..

Fear
Jun 8, 2001, 05:21 AM
Well no offence but YOU are online enough and bobby aka dizzy is too, so why shouldnt cheeze be able?

Most people have a job, but many still find the time to come here so imo having a job is no excuse.

Fquist_old
Jun 8, 2001, 06:31 AM
It is true that dethman really isn't as dedicated as he was, but it IS an excuse. Onag hasn't participated for ages, but he still is a jj2 fan. He just.. lives at work according to Ice M A N. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ducky
Jun 8, 2001, 07:17 AM
I..I thought Dethie was never returning? To this place..?

Oh well.

`Ducky

Aiko
Jun 8, 2001, 11:38 AM
A job is no excuse for not playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2 once in a while or having a look at the messageboard. Or closing a messageboard. Or shutting down the best Jazz2 website. Really. Remember, thats only my opinion.

Fear
Jun 8, 2001, 02:03 PM
Yeah, listen to Aiko!

And who is onag?

~SPLASH~
Jun 9, 2001, 01:16 AM
he is mark gano (is his first name right? if not..sue me)

he is a friend of wakeman's i believe and an old jazzer

Fquist_old
Jun 9, 2001, 01:19 AM
And he is owner of nagcentral. J2o would not exist without him.

Aiko: we've been over this enough. His action might not be taken in the best way, but it had good reasons. And he did not do it because he hated the board or so.

Fear
Jun 9, 2001, 02:02 AM
Hmmm I have seen nor heard of onag before...

hMMMZ............................

~SPLASH~
Jun 9, 2001, 02:10 AM
plenty of onag stuff on jazz2stuff http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fear
Jun 9, 2001, 02:13 PM
I dont usually bother to read the did u know signs, because most of them are sorry to say not really did u know but just 'jokes'

Willet
Jun 9, 2001, 07:31 PM
I like Onag better.

FoD
Jun 11, 2001, 06:44 PM
I really don't know that the community has "leaders".. there are people that influence it a lot, sure, and they do a good job.

Fear
Jun 12, 2001, 04:46 AM
People have a need for leaders and they will always have that need, every community is nothing without its leaders and will always follow their idea's until someone else takes the lead.

~SPLASH~
Jun 12, 2001, 11:07 PM
vote me for your president!

*runs*

Fear
Jun 14, 2001, 09:10 AM
*tries to take splash's remark seriously*

Now really if someone were to get you elected for president you'd make a ****of a mess..

Like that ****** W **** guy... haha bringing the world against him.

~SPLASH~
Jun 14, 2001, 10:35 AM
BUSH!

too bad im against death penalty, otherwise i should tell em to hang him http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(mean eh, well sorry)

Fquist_old
Jun 14, 2001, 11:00 AM
Fear: stop cussing.

Fear
Jun 15, 2001, 03:38 AM
Fquist, taking the stuff I censored as cussing is SOOOOO DUTCH! I mean come on they are about the American president!!! That is not cussing, unless you see his name as that... and the word heck...

Fear
Jun 17, 2001, 09:14 AM
Question: Why am I getting email that there was a reply to this topic, while there isnt one... Strange and stranger... Or were the other posts deleted?