PDA

View Full Version : Which fangame is the best?

DoubleGJ
Nov 15, 2002, 03:29 AM
I was thinking about making some small Jazz fangame, but I'm not really sure which one I should make. Here's the list of what I can do:
1. Jazz Jackrabbit: RACE! - 2D racing game with view like in GTA (from up), possibility to play as one from 6 players;
2. Carrotus VS Shellion: Neverending War - RTS in JJ realities, possibility to play as good or bad;
3. Jazz in Action: Jazzy FPP with lots of adrenaline and action plus multiplayer!
4. Maybe simply I should leave this stupid fangame ideas and concentrate on Devil Dash levelpack...

I was also thinking on making a fighting game "Jazz VS Sonic", but I don't have a good program for making it, so probably it will only stay as dreams...

Tik
Nov 15, 2002, 05:56 AM
Jazz in Action sounds good imo. I've always wanted to see Jazz play in FPP.

Violet CLM
Nov 15, 2002, 11:23 AM
GTA? RTS? FPP?
(And.. what's the difference between this race and normal race levels?)

DoubleGJ
Nov 16, 2002, 02:18 AM
The difference is that the characters are in cars. And they fit to each character. I.e. Jazz's car is a groovy bolid with spoilers while Spaz's one is sratchy and weird. Also, Spaz's car is the fastest, but it has big inertia, so it will crash on every curve. Other cars also have their own abilities. Aaaand, when two characters bump each other, they yell in anger ("Get out of my way, idiot!").

Radium
Nov 19, 2002, 04:38 PM
I was considering making a JJ2 strategy game (maybe even 3d!), similar to a combo of Heroes of Might And Magic 4 and Lego Rock Raiders (I like Rock Riader's individual units you can give priority lists to more than the "stacks" in HOMM4.
Picture it:

-Salamander DM-
Attack:12
Defence:5
Mind:2
Speed:15
Moral: -66
Specialty: Tape, Salamander can use tape with increaced strength for any use.
Allignment: Cornbread

Sadly, I'll never get the energy to make such a game.

Sun Fun Dude
Nov 19, 2002, 08:59 PM
Yeah Jazz in action, Jazz in action!

Super Saiyan
Nov 28, 2002, 09:10 AM
You know what, choose the one wich you think it'll be the best and will have good gameplay plus graphics.

DoubleGJ
Nov 29, 2002, 04:43 AM
But I really can't make my mind, especially that I am very lazy. I would start JiA even now, but it's (of course) the hardest project from all. Especially that I want to base it on Unreal.

ScionFighter
May 16, 2003, 08:49 AM
Maybe something like Diablo? Chars seen in isometric, weapons are founding or maked in city, healing potions ect. aaaaaand, the character stats

ScionFighter
Level 23 Spaz
Strenght: 58
Dexterity: 54
Vitality: 45
Inteligence: 2

Life: 142 Ammo: 43

Sounds nice, eh?

Shiverz CC
May 16, 2003, 08:51 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit Racer but not in a GTA form :)

G@vie
May 16, 2003, 09:13 AM
3. Jazz in Action, would be coollest!

Great, you guys. make those fangames.
I am also working on a Jazz fangame. It's FF2/Adventure style.. I have just begun, but it's getting pretty cool :D

Shiverz CC
May 16, 2003, 09:15 AM
I would start a JJ2 fangame but I would hate making the sprites because they're really hard

Hare
May 26, 2003, 02:24 AM
You guys know this topic is from last year, right? He's working on that Jazz Vs. Sonic game right now.

DoubleGJ
May 28, 2003, 08:35 AM
That's why I'm not replying anymore. :) Oh, wait. I did it now! Oh no! I am cursed by a big cheese now! AAAAH!!!

Tobi
May 30, 2003, 03:01 AM
Jazz in Action!
Because of the mp option :D

Shiverz CC
May 31, 2003, 01:16 AM
I wouldnt mind making a Jazz Platformer ! Just it would take me awhile to get the sprites ready and I'm working on another game at the moment

Hare
Jun 4, 2003, 11:45 PM
LOL! You guys? Why are you still replying? You are going to curse JSZ Jazz with more cheezes... ah, shoot. I just replied, didn't I?

ßúññ¥€lmérTbtCC
Jun 7, 2003, 12:33 PM
Jazz in Action

DoubleGJ
Jun 8, 2003, 04:51 AM
I'm overcheesed!