PDA

View Full Version : Weasle T. is in 3D. Happy B-Day Mom of me.

Batty Buddy
Nov 16, 2002, 05:26 PM
Que Passa!!!!

My mom's birthday is coming up. Since I'm going to spend most of my time getting prepared for it and comming up with a gift, I thought I would share this now, rather then later.

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=219498

It's an image I made as a gift for my mom LAST year. The thing is, out of all my characters: She likes Weasle T. Phox best- In fact, she's his biggest fan. Whenever it I make a comic where he is featured, I always have to check with her to see if she likes it.

Also, In case anyone is interested, the picture is created using Rhinocerus: a 3D nurb rendering program. I've gotten quite good at using it over the 3 years that I've been working with it, and I've still trying to get better at it (A lot of my images still have slight 'seams' if your really observant.)

Captain Spam
Nov 17, 2002, 04:15 AM
Trippy cigarette smoke. :-)

Nice. He looks like a bit like a Jinjo from Banjo-Kazooie in that pic. A smoking Jinjo, sure, but a Jinjo nonetheless.

Batty Buddy
Nov 17, 2002, 12:19 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Hmm, yeah- now that you mention it he DOES kind of look like a smoking Jinjo with a fox's tail... /\:lol:/\
(The thing is Weasles muzzle normally curves up a little, only at the time I made this pic, I did not know how to DO that- and I did NOT want his nose to end up looking like a third ear, so he ended up looking kind of rigid.)

And as for the cigerette, well, that's my mom's favorite part: You see, he tries to follow the stereotype of a politician by smoking a cigerette, only due to knowing how dangerous an addiction it is, it's not a real cig- It's a grape flavored candy cigerette that he lights like a real one. (The grape-flavor is based on Aesops famous "Fox and grapes" fable.)

Fawriel
Nov 17, 2002, 08:52 PM
W007!!!! Uber-Spiffy-Stuff!^_^

Batty Buddy
Nov 24, 2002, 12:13 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Well, Mom's B-Day has come and gone, and I missed out on giving her her card (It shows a pun of the blue bird of happiness by depicting the TAN bird of @#$!-happens.) but I desided to show one other 3D image here, just for comparing it to the other one(And I didn't want to start a whole new thread.).

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=221391

I present to you: My greatest 3D image to date: Myo 3D(Don't ask about the hair. I have no clue how I came up with that style, but I like it.).

Captain Spam
Nov 24, 2002, 02:14 PM
Hey, now THAT looks sweet. It's got the whole cartoon-in-3D thing going on that's a bugger to pull off. Like with the headband. Very nice. :-)

Batty Buddy
Nov 24, 2002, 07:59 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Glad you like it...

I still need to work on rendering hands, though... but at least they're no longer stiff robot-like things like they were back when I first started rendering them./\:D/\