PDA

View Full Version : Episode III : Lurking Menaces

Unhit
Nov 19, 2002, 07:34 AM
Duh. After more than three months of break, the third part of my little Star Wars stories. Don't expect it to be very great, I forgot about most details I

had thought of before. I'll try to be faster with the next episodes for a better story then, I can't promise it though.

Well...where have we been? I guess it was when Qui-Gon was left on Tatooine to watch what would happen there. That's where I will continue, starting with the

last words of Episode II.

Unhit
Nov 19, 2002, 07:34 AM
<b>Episode III : Lurking Menaces</b>

<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b> <i>quietly, to himself</i><b>:</b> This story has just begun...

The Naboo spaceship started it's trip to Coruscant, with the sad job to tell the Jedi council and the Senate about their losses during their fights on

Tatooine. Their small group of brave adventurers has become smaller, with the deaths of JarJar and Bian Wikte. They had lost their pilote. Luckily there was one around the few surviving Naboo soldiers, so the trip went quite fast.

One day later, they landed on Coruscant. Nothing special had happened on their trip, but they had enough to tell to the council about their dead mates.

12 Days later, on Tatooine. While searching for a small flat, Qui-Gon had bought two droids to help him on the desert planet. One of them was a protocol droid, with the serial number "C-3PO". Also, he had bought a repairing droid to keep his house clean. This droid had the serial number R2-D2. Every day, Qui-Gon watched out the city of Mos Espa for blak figures or creatures with a black aura. He never felt or saw anything, so he decided to contact the Jedi Council:
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: R2-D2, a encrypted connection to the Jedi Council on Coruscant please.
<b>R2-D2</b>: <i>meepbeep</i>
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: Master Windu? This is Qui-Gon speaking.
<b>Mace Windu</b>: I'm glad to see you are well. Your former Padawan has informed me about your brave, but in our opinion foolish "scouting" on Tatooine. Though, we accept it. Is there anything you found out about the Sith?
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: No, master, I am sorry. <i>shhrrrz</i> There is no sign of them here, since we killed one of them. No dark robe, no dark aura. I am confused myself about that.
<b>Mace Windu</b>: You say you are confused. Are you sure they did not dim your sentences?
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: I don't think so.
<b>Mace Windu</b>: I hope so. Contact us immediately if you need some help. We must skip this talk now. At first, it is too dangerous that the Sith could hear anything about it. Also, the Jedi Council meets up with its knights today.
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: Didn't you want to come to Tatooine, too, Master Windu?
<b>Mace Windu</b>: That is right. We lost a lot of time on Kamino though. And if we believe what you said, you don't need us in the moment. I have to go to the meeting. May the force be with you.
<i>End of conversation</i>.
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: Weird...I thought this talk would give me more hope, but now I fear even more. I want to get away from here. This place makes my mind dark more and more...heck, that's what Master Windu said!
<i>ssssssm....he hears the sound of a few lightsabers. He turns back and sees the face of a person in a dark robe. Qui-Gon pulls out his lightsabre.</i>
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: Who are you?
<b>Virge</b>: I am Virge, leader of the Sith knights and the right hand of our great lord.
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: Great Lord? I heard Palpatine has fallen.
<b>Virge</b>: You foolish Jedi always think you are safe. You underestimate the Sith you believed to be death. Now, the time of our revenge has come. Your corrupted Republic will bust and dig its own grave! And the council will be their tool for it. The end of your system you all obey without doubting it has come, and you Jedi will fell the pain you once gave us Sith first. So as your primitive little animal creature died, so as that pilote and his useless death, so will you die now!
</i>Virge takes her lightsaber and kills Qui-Gon.</i>
<b>Qui-Gon Jinn</b>: Hear my last words...the dark side...will....never....win.....
<b>Virge</b>: Take care of those droids. They may be useful some day. We first have to change their whole programmes though.

In the meantime, the Jedi meeting has begun. All Jedi were sworen in and told that absolutely no word may reach the senate. The first speech was Ki-Adi-Mundi's about their trip to Kamino:

<b>Ki-Adi-Mundi</b>: Welcome, my friends. Most of you may have heard about the trip Master Yoda, Master Windu and I made to Kamino. You probably never heard that name, and you also won't find it in our Jedi archives. It has been removed by one of us. I don't know who, and honestly, I do not care at the moment. I need to get to the point. Kamino is an unfriendly planet in the Outer Rim. Its inhabitants are famous for their genetic technologies, such as cloning. About six years ago, a secret ministery of the Senate gave those Kaminoans the job to create an army for the Republic. An army of 1.2 million soldiers.
Nobody has been informed about that, not even the council. And as it seems, they absolutely did not want us to know it. We asked Chancellor Valorum about a Republic Army, just about his opinion, and he said he would never agree. In our opinion, he is a trustable person. So, we came to the following conclusion: the person must be a high member of the Senate whom the Kaminoans believe, and he also must have the possibility to remove files from our Jedi archive.
Before we come to say 'Ow, I've seen that Jedi making it', let us inform you about the second part. Master Kenobi, please give your speech.
<b>Obi-Wan Kenobi</b>: Good day, my dear friends. 12 days before, I returned from Tatooine with a small group of friends, so as my Padawan Anakin Skywalker and my former Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn. You hopefully all remember Palpatine's death, and the black persons behind. We met them again on Tatooine. While fighting them, two fellows died. Watching their use of the force, we can be sure in saying they are Sith. And they are many. The Republic is in big danger.
That's also why Qui-Gon stayed on Tatooine to watch the happenings there.
<b>Mace windu</b> <i>looks at Yoda</i>.
<b>Yoda</b> <i>nods</i>.
<b>Mace windu</b>: We have an idea who ordered the army and removed the files in our archive. Senator Palpatine. You will now ask why he should order an army for the Republic which he wanted to destroy. What we think is that he wanted to lead the Republic in a war. In such a war, many planets that joined the
Republic because it had guaranteed peace for thousands of years, would leave the Republic due to their disappointment. Some of them would even join our enemies, and there would come up a great confederation of evil alliances.
<b>A Jedi Knight</b>: What do you want to do with the clone army now? You can't stop "producing" it, nor can you pretend the Senate there isn't anything for too long!
<b>Mace windu</b>: The only thing we really can do is to destroy the Sith before they actually attack, which also means they attack with an army. We will have to use the army, but it is better than stopping the "production" now. This is something we can't keep secret, and people will see the council as treacherous and braveless.
If we can destroy the Sith before they attack, the army will be there for the Republic, but no new soldiers will be recruited. Of course it will be hard to tell this to all the planet systems, but, as I said again, it is still better than a huge war.
<b>A Jedi Knight</b>: I agree with your speech. But what will we do now? Do we even know who our enemies are?
<b>Mace Windu</b>: Yes, we know at least parts of them. Our spies found out that the Trade Federation and a few other organizations cooperate with the Sith. Additionally, Qui-Gon Jinn should have some information for us. We will contact him after the meeting for further items.
Our plan so far is to travel to Neimodia with a small group of Jedi to find as much information as possible about the leader of the Sith, his location and the size of their army.
These are all important things for the moment. We will meet again in seven days. If you are interested in a spy or skirmish mission against the Trade Federation, please stay in the room and announce it.
May the force be with you.

The Jedi left the room. Many went to the stations for a mission against the Trade Federation, why the Council still stood on its pedestal.

<b>Obi-Wan Kenobi</b>, <i>whispering</i>: Master Windu, in my opinion, you were lieing. We can't prevent the usage of the army.
<b>Mace Windu</b>: I think we can.
<b>Yoda</b>: No we can't! The Sith, underestimating you are them. Strong they are, and a huge army they command. Their spies, everywhere they are!
<b>Mace Windu</b>: You are right, Master Yoda. I will contact Qui-Gon Jinn now, perhaps there is some interesting information to tell us.
<i>A transparent blue transmitting hologramm reveals at the middle of the podest, moving heavily.</i>
<b>Anakin</b>: Heck, what is that?
<b>Mace Windu</b>: Problems with the transmission. Nothing worse.
Suddenly, they here a clear evil voice through the transmitter.
<b>Virge</b>: You Jedi and the Republic are lost. As this weak knight died, so will you, Master Windu. And our lil' grandpa Yoda can't stand in a battle with us. Say good bye to this world, Jedi. The day of your defeat has come.
<b>Mace Windu</b> <i>shut the transmitter down quickly</i>.
<b>Ki-Adi-Mundi</b>: ****ed shall they be! They know too much already.
<b>Mace Windu</b>: We have no other choice. We must invade Naimodia and hope it is their main base.
<b>Yoda</b>: Act fast, we now must. Master Obi-Wan, to Kamino you travel, and as many soldiers as possible you get. Not any time we may lose! Your padawan shall follow you.
<b>Obi-Wan Kenobi</b>: Yes, master Yoda.
<b>Mace Windu</b>: May the force be with you.

End of Episode III. Thanks for reading!

So far, so bizarre. This Episode and the previous were kind of story Episodes. I promise a bit more struggles in the following ones, for more fun at reading ;).