PDA

View Full Version : Take your insperation into consideration.

Batty Buddy
Dec 1, 2002, 08:43 AM
Que Passa!!!!

This question takes on a factor that may have or may not have been addressed. Nevertheless, it MUST be addressed. It also comes in two parts:

1) What inspired you to become an artist in the first place? Keep in mind, it CAN be more then one thing that inspired you.

2) What inspires the subjects and style that you do? This may or may not be the same answer as 1.

As for my answers, the two things that inspired me to draw are Ed Emberly's Big Orange Drawing Book, and Antonio Prohias's Spy Vs. Spy comics

As for what inspires the things I do, I've always had an interest in several subjects I draw about: especially government, legends, and the diversity of people(To tell you the truth, every seperate species in my comics has it's own little sociaty with it's own legends, religions, courting rituals, and opinions on other species. Heck- even I haven't descovered them all.). As for the insperation to my style, I though it would make most of my ideas easier to explain and digest to people who may or may not know me.

Skulg
Dec 1, 2002, 11:58 AM
1) Actually I don't remember WHEN I started drawing, but I think I was... 4 or so.
I dunno why. Really not. I just liked drawing.
I had many dreams. Dreams of things I'd really love to be.. and stuff...
Then I started drawing them.
I drew everything I liked.
Whooyeah.

2) The subjects... well, I got mostly inspired by my own feelings, and of course by all the "music" I listen to.
My style was mostly influenced by Jazz Jackrabbit himself, later by <a href="http://vcl.ctrl-c.liu.se/vcl/Artists/Briona-Campbell/index01-by-date.html">Briona Campbell</a>, <a href="http://www.badparanoia.com/">Jocelyn Dunn</a> and some other artists. Yep.

Wild Angel
Dec 1, 2002, 02:40 PM
1.) I started drawing as soon as I could hold a pencil. I started with circular horses and stick figures. Interesting, is it not?

2.) My style probably was inspired by several things. The things I can think of is looking at things done with realistic art. I've always sat and drawn eyes and faces and figures and thought it'd be fun to colour. Bleh. Fantasy art because I read fantasy books, play fantasy based RPGs, and I listen to a band that have fantasy like lyrics of kings, queens, dragons, ect. Yes, I'm odd. To cut it worse, they're a metal band. You go figure. Portraits or humans since my mother was a portrait artist. Guess I got it from there. *shrugs*

`Wildie

Cobra
Dec 1, 2002, 06:10 PM
1) The war tavern. I wanted to draw what I saw in my mind, like Haze and Kaven did.

2) Feelings, music, world news.

Nemesis
Dec 1, 2002, 11:05 PM
1. I started when I was 4, doing cartoons and the like. Then I got a little more into it around 9 or 10... Then I got serious when I was 12.

2. These days my drawings are based on my feelings. No particular artists inspire me. The music I listen to has some effect. I listen to a range of stuff, but mainly metal, and what I draw all has something to do with how I'm feeling emotionally, physically, what I listen to, and what I know about the world...

Radium
Dec 2, 2002, 04:11 AM
I only draw if I have a reason. I don't enjoy drawing as much as making computer games, but ever since my games' animator turned into an idiot, I havn't had much choice. I seem to get better every time I draw, and my style changes constantly. Some greater force wants me to draw. There are strange signs... but until I figure out what it means, I'll keep doing what I do best - nothing! -And making computer games.
http://www.foxmage.com/LizardMage.png