PDA

View Full Version : A chance for JJ3?

Radium
Dec 2, 2002, 04:25 PM
With JJGBA coming out, isn't there a chance (if it becomes very popular) plans for JJ3 could resurface? I'm getting sick of all the people sobbing "JJ3 will never happen". Think positive =P.

Trafton
Dec 2, 2002, 04:26 PM
Yes, of course. But it's still not likely.

Violet CLM
Dec 2, 2002, 05:39 PM
Check the topic about JJA where CliffyB talks about JJ3.

Fawriel
Dec 3, 2002, 03:06 AM
I forgot how to think positive sice my life turned out to be as crappy as it is.
Nice try anyways,altho this was said a few hundred times before...:rolleyes:

Stijn
Dec 3, 2002, 06:30 AM
Original topic.

Radium
Dec 8, 2002, 05:19 PM
You're missing the point, Flash. The point is to think positive.

Iam Canadian
Dec 8, 2002, 05:37 PM
This thought has been mentioned on just about every Jazz GBA thread. But, yes, it's very possible.

Blackraptor
Dec 8, 2002, 05:40 PM
Yes, and I hope it comes out for PS2, cause i dun have Xbox or gamecube....

Tik
Dec 16, 2002, 04:48 AM
I hope it remains exclusively on PC.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Dec 16, 2002, 11:37 AM
It would be ironic to have Jazz not appear on the computer seeing as how JJ1 represented the action/platform game of the era challenging Sonic and other console games.

Trafton
Dec 16, 2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Bobby aka Dizzy
It would be ironic to have Jazz not appear on the computer seeing as how JJ1 represented the action/platform game of the era challenging Sonic and other console games.
And JJGBA won't appear on the computer. Ironic indeed.

Unciaa
Dec 17, 2002, 02:40 PM
Ah, the power of emulation. ;)

Here's hoping its gameplay is closer to Jazz than its apperance though [Jazz? Clothes? No comment].

Paul
Dec 17, 2002, 02:56 PM
Yeah, we all wish there were a couple things changed....but hey..it's Jazz, and he's back. woot. (;

btw, welcome. noticed you just registered.....

Violet CLM
Dec 17, 2002, 04:54 PM
Yes, I'd say JJA, along with the recent J2O publicity things, have gotten a few new people around here.

Unciaa
Dec 18, 2002, 12:57 AM
Heh, we were bashing the GBA version's videos on another forum [appologies to all who like/don't mind the change *g*] and someone mentioned this site. Since it took me forever to locate JJ2 [and not just The Secret Files] all the fansites had gone down by then [and the official site linked to external files for just about anything... Yay, zero downloads] I was thrilled to see at least one resource still kicking. :)

Paul
Dec 18, 2002, 02:41 AM
yeah..we've been doing what we can to get the word out for J2O. (:

Violet CLM
Dec 18, 2002, 12:06 PM
Which forum is this you speak of?

Fawriel
Dec 18, 2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
Yes, I'd say JJA, along with the recent J2O publicity things, have gotten a few new people around here.
Oh yeah?^^;
Except for Unciaa I didn't see any of those posting...
But I got us 2 new members...Dalspots and Conker Rac0n (or something! XD)

Not that I wanted to brag,but...*brags*
XD

Unciaa
Dec 18, 2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Unknown Rabbit
Which forum is this you speak of?
The One Must Fall: Battlegrounds (http://www.omf.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=The+Game&number=1&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=) forum. I'm betatesting that game. :)

Trafton
Dec 18, 2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Unciaa
The One Must Fall: Battlegrounds (http://www.omf.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=The+Game&number=1&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=) forum. I'm betatesting that game. :)
So that's where JelZe has been hiding all of this time. ;P

defalcon
Dec 18, 2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Blackraptor
Yes, and I hope it comes out for PS2, cause i dun have Xbox or gamecube....
Heck no. PC exclusive.

DoubleGJ
Dec 19, 2002, 05:08 AM
Console are stealing way too many games from PC. Did you heard that next GTA won't be on PC? I won't be suprised if from JJA Jazz will start leaving PC.

Unciaa
Dec 20, 2002, 12:57 AM
Eh, "stealing" games. Consoles were always the game department, if developers choose to use them instead of PCs, we can hardly blame them, though I would of course prefer them to say on our favorite game platform [given how I don't own any consoles whatsoever].

What miffs me is all the talk there was about the XBox prior to it coming out. "Ohyes, the XBox will mean more PC games, as they will be easily ported over!"
********. We've seen how many XBox games ported to PCs so far? Zero? Sheesh. The only thing that's happened is that some PC games became XBox-exclusive because of MS. :rolleyes:

defalcon
Dec 20, 2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Unciaa
Eh, "stealing" games. Consoles were always the game department, if developers choose to use them instead of PCs, we can hardly blame them, though I would of course prefer them to say on our favorite game platform [given how I don't own any consoles whatsoever].

What miffs me is all the talk there was about the XBox prior to it coming out. "Ohyes, the XBox will mean more PC games, as they will be easily ported over!"
(-)(-). We've seen how many XBox games ported to PCs so far? Zero? Sheesh. The only thing that's happened is that some PC games became XBox-exclusive because of MS. :rolleyes:
Perhaps, but Jazz is a PC icon. If developers choose them for the a next Jazz game instead of PC's, I can COMPLETELY blame them, and would slap them upside the head WITH the console in question.

What miffs ME is why they WOULD choose consoles. Sure there's set hardware to work with, but that also means there's more limitations.
And yes, the Xbox - PC ports so far are none. Halo will take a while, and MS *is* evil.

Aiko
Dec 28, 2002, 02:58 AM
I'm with defalcon here.

Jazz is definitely a PC hero. His main programmers are people from the PC demoscene of the early nineties (Arjan, at least).
He showed the console people that fast-paced jump and run titles can also work on the PC (not only boring stuff like MS Flight Simulators or strategy titles). Don't you remember Sonic in the manual of JJ1, saying: "Somebody get my lawyers on the phone!"? Jazz was originally a strike against the consoles.
I really don't like the idea of the new Jazz GBA game, sorry.

DoubleGJ
Dec 28, 2002, 06:07 AM
:) I don't have any Sonic in my JJ1 manual. Maybe you would scan it and show here? And I must agree, Jazz WAS a strike against consoles. But now, that JJA has arrived, this means something bad to us, PC users? I mean I know I have GBA but Jazz was created on PC. Sonic has already Sonic Advance 2, and what about Jazz?

Aiko
Dec 28, 2002, 08:36 AM
Well, the original distribution of Jazz1 included a comic manual. I once scanned mine for Wakeman's J2S site and he put it up there. Unfortunately, as you may know, J2S isn't online anymore.
Maybe you can ask Newspaz for it, i sent it to him a few months ago.

DoubleGJ
Dec 29, 2002, 04:32 AM
L.K. Avalon isn't nice to Polish Jazzers. Our manuals are black & white and very simple, when TSF arrived original JJ2 was removed from sale and the translation is bad. Jazz and Jazz2 are only games ever developed by L.K. Avalon in Poland. Without training they are very bad in it. :mad:

ScionFighter
Dec 29, 2002, 05:22 AM
Did you gyus know about some things like roms and emulators??? I dun hav GBA, and its too expensive for me. So i have downloaded a rom called "VirtualBoy Advance" that plays games on GBA, but first they have to be emulated. So i will wait for JJA emutation. I know that is illeglal, but... What can i do?

DoubleGJ
Dec 29, 2002, 08:28 AM
What you can do is collect money. I can't say more. :rolleyes:

ScionFighter
Dec 30, 2002, 03:12 AM
Yea, but i have some about 75$ (or what is 255 zl?)

DoubleGJ
Dec 30, 2002, 03:32 AM
Seems like the thread theme got derailed... In the JJA outro Jazz says something like this:

"I spit on retire! Jazz Jackrabbit is here to protect universe!"

So maybe we can get ready for new Jazz game? (God, please, let Epic make it!)

ScionFighter
Dec 30, 2002, 08:01 AM
Thats right Jazz. Let Epic do it! (guys from Jaelco has dumped the work IMO).

DoubleGJ
Dec 31, 2002, 04:32 AM
There are three main things they did wrong:
1. Bad use of Epic's tilesets
2. Mix up the whole story
3. Game is too short!!!

Lemme talk some about the third one. In JJA there are 5 planets (Chameleon World, Space City Carrotopolis, Icebox3, Industrial Wasteland, Chelonia IV), each has 3 levels and boss level. That gives us 5x4 = 20 levels. And the levels are quite short, especially the ones on Chameleon World and Chelonia IV. You will probably say that you have seen more tilesets on screens. Well, there are 2 levels where you can die from falling out of level: Space City Carrotopolis level 2 and Chelonia IV level 2. First one uses sever part from Colon 1 tileset with added goo, tech-ceiling, changed colors in walls and removed "Ye Sever" texts. The second one uses tileset which I call "(Darn)ed Castle". It's simply Castle 1 + (Darn) 1 + fire from Castle 2. It is used by whole Chelonia, but has two backgrounds (cosmic sky and hell).

Derby: Filter bypass replacement. The rule applies uniformly.

ScionFighter
Jan 1, 2003, 08:14 AM
Also the main char desing. He's dressed like a girl, has too realistic weapons and... JAZZ DON'T HAVE HIS RED HEADBAND!!! Thats disguisting!:mad:

Djaser
Jan 10, 2003, 08:17 AM
This idea for Jazz 3 reminds me for some reason of Duke Nukem Forever....

Ow and I think that Jazz looks pretty cool, tough I like the original version more.... According of the reviews the game is even very funny so we have nothing to complain about with the new Jazz, he is at least still alive...

DoubleGJ
Jan 10, 2003, 09:07 AM
Oh yes, JJA IS funny. :D

Iam Canadian
Jan 10, 2003, 02:48 PM
Hey, I thought we were allowed to bypass the filter when talking about the (darn) levels. Oh well.

DoubleGJ
Jan 11, 2003, 01:54 AM
True, it's not my fault! It's Epic who created this tileset name!!! Ahhhhhh!!!

ScionFighter
Jan 11, 2003, 07:43 AM
I've played JJA, don't ask how, don't ask why :D
The things are some sort of... hm... "unnatural".
But i like turtles running away when they see im gonna toss carrot grenade :D

DoubleGJ
Jan 11, 2003, 08:42 AM
Yes, AI is better than in Jazz2. Ducking will help only for a few seconds.

ScionFighter
Jan 13, 2003, 08:37 AM
As i said, JJA isn't 2 good. You need a lot of cash to bumb very big part of enemies. Also the Dark Shell isn't too hard to defeat (i have roasted him shooting from Big Gun, then olny rocket launcher.). But that char is kinda fun ;) If he hit you, he's gonna laught, and we can shoot him like a duck. If we shoot him, his metal pants are going down :D

DoubleGJ
Jan 13, 2003, 09:22 AM
But only from front - where he has a big red button "Do not press". Don't you think he is almost the same as that Vader-like guy in Spaceballs?

ScionFighter
Jan 14, 2003, 09:09 AM
Yup, he he is. But that Vader-guy is shorther than him ;)

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 14, 2003, 02:36 PM
Minus the shwartz.:lol:

Myk
Jan 18, 2003, 11:49 AM
Maybe JJ3 is in 3d? Who know?

Myk
Jan 19, 2003, 01:26 AM
Yeeah! Jazz Jackrabbit 3d is true! Check site:www.noogy.com/noogy/jj3.html (http://www.noogy.com/noogy/jj3.html) The original screens from Jazz Jackrabbit 3d! Animations of Jazz! Jazz, Lori and Spaz Forever!
http://www.noogy.com/image/gallery/jj3/jj3titlefull.jpg :lol: :lol: :lol:

DoubleGJ
Jan 19, 2003, 03:17 AM
Could somebody tell him the truth? :roll:

Djaser
Jan 19, 2003, 04:26 AM
ofcourse:

IT'S DISCONTINUED!!!!!!!!

DoubleGJ
Jan 19, 2003, 06:12 AM
Thx. ^ . ^