PDA

View Full Version : 'Whatever happened to Rumbo Rabbit?'

Rumbo Rabbit
May 27, 2001, 04:13 AM
Appearing from the time warp, Rumbo Rabbit stood alone, looking over the vast quantities of forests, mountain ranges and villages beyond. He was back on Carrotus and he could feel it; a feeling of his past entrapped him like an aura. Travelling alone he began to walk...alone...

He was heading towards a mountain range where an 'old friend' of his lived, also alone. He had been by Rumbo's side once before, owning the title 'Guardian of TIME' more then 5 years ago. But once he had given up it was Rumbo's turn to own that title. Now it seems that Rumbo himself is about to give up as well. The old friend of his, Talec, lived up in a mountain in the midst of the range, high up above the highest treetops. He would see him, maybe stay with him, for returning to the capital of Carrotus didn't seem like a good idea. Not whilst she was there.....

As he travelled alone his heart and soul suddenly became enlightened. Something was in his mind, something only Rumbo (and perhaps Talec many years ago) could remember hearing...

'...rumbo...' the voice spoke in a cold and meaningless voice.

Rumbo at first didn't reply. He knew who it was but didn't want to say anything to IT.

'..rumbo...please...'

'Leave me alone, Time....' Rumbo spoke back....tears began to run down his cheeks.

'...rumbo....why are you doing this....'

'You know why.....'

'..rumbo...please...'

'(/), TIME!' Rumbo cried out, his cheeks streaming with tears, 'I DONT WANT TO BE YOUR SLAVE ANYMORE!'

'...rumbo...'

'IVE CAUSED SUCH MISERY....'

'..you were the best guardian I ever had...' Time still spoke in a cold tone.

Rumbo cried harder. All he could think about was Lori, her gorgeous smile and her perfect appearance. He couldn't stop visioning her. He wanted it to go away yet at the same time he wanted it to stay.

It all became so unbearable that Rumbo collapsed to the ground, not awakening for several hours.

'From the ruins of the ancient world came a rabbit whos feelings for the world surpassed any other rabbit. He strolled into this new world, leaving his past and present behind him, with only the future to look forward to.'

Derby: Subtle content edit.

Rumbo Rabbit
May 27, 2001, 05:36 AM
Rumbo awoke several hours later, finding himsef somewhere else, a much darker and deeper setting. He could hear soft drips of rainwater falling from the rocky, cracked ceiling above his head. Some fell onto his forehead, reminding him of when he was crying before. He couldn't help it, things were becoming too unbearable. Some how he remembered this pace, like he had been there before and was seeking to go there. He then remembered, the mountain range.....

....Talec?

'You are awake I see.' came a voice from within the darkness of the mountain.

Rumbo sat up and looked into the darkness, already knowing who it was, 'How did you find me, Talec, I was many miles away from here...'

Talec emerged from the darkness, his body looked fragile and partially weak. He was silent.

Rumbo figured it out, 'You mean...'

'Yes...Time spoke to me...'

Rumbo looked saddened, 'When was the last time he...'

'Six years...'

'Oh, what did he say?'

'Told me to get you and bring you here...'

'And?'

'....'

'That was it?'

'Yup.'

'So how have you been, Talec.'

Talec ignored him, 'He also told me tht you have left Time.'

'....Yes I have.'

'Why Rumbo?'

Rumbo stood up and turned around, facing away from him, 'You remember the feeling of being trapped in one circle, going around and around?'

'Very well.' Talec replied.

'And when was that time in your life, Talec.'

At first he was silent, then he said, 'When it was the Guardian of Time.'

'....exactly....'

'Rumbo....'

Rumbo began to walk away, outside into the fresh open air. He sat out there and looked into the distance, standing there for the rest of the day. By the time it had become dark he as fast asleep. Talec had been watching him all of that time.

Coppertop
May 27, 2001, 01:47 PM
Cool :)

Talec
May 27, 2001, 07:17 PM
Kewl, as usual http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Continue please! http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

~Talec LP

Kaz
May 27, 2001, 07:29 PM
Another Spiffy story!

Rumbo Rabbit
May 28, 2001, 12:04 AM
Rumbo awoke the next day, finding himself not in the mountain range at all......

After a while he realised where he was....TIME......

He found himself lying on the floor, bewildered yet not amazed, for all the twisting purple, blue and green colours he had seen many a time before. Instead he got up, trying to speak then realising he couldn't. He saw theat he was actually walking on nothingness and th ground below his feet was either seethrough or not there at all. He glanced around him, nothing was in sight, not even a warp to suggest how he had come here.

He started to walk, endlessly in one uncertain direction. As he walked he could feel that something was about to happen. He was right.....

'DO YOU REMEMBER THE PAST, RUMBO RABBIT?'

Rumbo turned round. The black figure of a rabbit stood before him. Even though there was no light to sugegst a shadow the entire body of the rabbit was in darkness. All Rumbo could make out that he was wearing a large trench coat with the high collars around his neck and head. His arms and paws were tuked carefully within the pockets, with his trousers ironed to perfection and his boots (or trainers they could have been) polished with great care.

Rumbo didn't say anything. Atfirst he didn't realise who it was...

'REMEMBER ME, RUMBO?'

'......Blade.....'

'IM GLAD...'

'Bountry TIME traveller from the outskirts of North Carrotus....'

'I SEE YOU REMEMBER MUCH ABOUT ME...'

'...Who once tried to kill Lori...'

'OH YES..' he replied slowly, 'HOW IS THE GIRL NOW? STILL AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU MADE OUT?'

Rumbo snarled. He didn't reply.

'OH I AM SORRY, RUMBO,' Blade replied without consideration, 'BUT MY MEMORY LACKS IN THE TRUE LOVE DEPARTMENT...'

'shut up!' Rumbo shouted back.

'I MEAN, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT A LONER LIKE YOU COULD EVER FALL IN LOVE...'

Rumbo let out an 'AAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH' as he ran at Blade. But as he was about to pounce right onto him Blade suddenly disappeared into the background, leaving only Rumbo to lie there on the ground, looking as if he was back where he started.

Rumbo Rabbit
May 28, 2001, 12:13 AM
Rumbo decided to lay there, realising he had run out of luck this time. There appeared to be no way out...

Just as he felt like dying...lying as the loner he was said to be...something appeared.....something that Rumbo had never expected......................lying right in front of his eyes........floating............his red bandana....not moving and not appearing to be truly there.........

Rumbo watched it with great anticipation...carefully examining it and wondering if would be able to touch it. He took out his right hand, still lying there and went to carefully grab it. As his hand approached the banadana glistened with bright colours, colours that Rumbo had never seen before. As his hand came closer the colours got brighter, almost hurting Rumbo's eyes. By the time he had a grasp on the bandana the whole 'room' had turned into whiteness, making Rumbo wonder where he really was. He wasn't in TIME, nor was he anywhere else.

By the time the whiteness had faded he found himself back at the mountain, on the edge where he had stood for many hours, looking into the far distance. He turned around and saw that Talec wasn't there, neither was his valuables, nor his old, trust worthy weapons.

Rumbo was alone again.....he didn't want that feeling....

Rumbo Rabbit
May 28, 2001, 12:43 AM
MEANWHILE.....

Talec had left the mountain after Rumbo had suddenly fallen 'asleep'. In actual fact TIME had put him to sleep and told Talec to leave the mountain, heading West. Even though Talec was no longer a Guardian of TIME, he still felt that it was his duty to obey 'him'.....

By the time Rumbo had decided to leave the mountain he felt a presence within his head. TIME was telling him to head West. Rumbo decided he had no real choice....

As Rumbo headed West, through an old and tiresome forest, he felt the trees starting to become alive. Something was happening here. Somebody was telling him something....

...TIME....

As he looked around and around he saw that the same feeling was constant and that nothing was really happening at all. But then he didn't expect what would happen next....

'Who goes there?'

Rumbo turned around...nothing. He could feel some kind of pattern coming on...

'Who art thou?' the tone of voice was purely sarcastic.

Rumbo didn't really know what to say, 'I am a wanderer....a loner....'

'A loner you be?' the voice replied, yet to Rumbo's eyes there was nobody in sight...

'Who are you?' Rumbo asked.

'Who art thi?'

'Whoever you are you're Carrotus is not up to scratch!'

'I speak to you as the Guardian of this forest....'

Rumbo wasn't in the least amazed, 'Really?'

'YES, AND I HAVE COME TO HAUNT YOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!' Suddenly a tiny figure came out from one of the trees, collapsing to the ground. It appeared to be about two to three feet tall, with a mysterious lining around its body. It appeared to be neither 2D or 3D. It wore sunglasses and was something Rumbo had never seen before....

Rumbo was about to draw his gun, then realised he had left it back in time. All he had was his stupid bandana, something TIME wanted to return to him...

'Um..' the figure started, 'I wasn't REALLY trying to scare you.....'

Rumbo raised an eyebrow, 'Who are you?'

The creatures brown fur whisped in the cool wind, whilst the stubby fangs within its mouth looked as dangerous as a mousetrap, to an elephant that is, 'Names Batty.....'

'Batty, huh?'

'...Yeah, Batty Buddy...'

'You don't sound that much of a friend to me pal!'

'Hey leave me alone, um....' Batty tried to think of a comment back....'LONER!'

Rumbo didn't move an inch. He just stood there, staring back at this Batty, 'What are you doing in this forest?'

'Um...trying to protect it...'

'From what?'

'Um.....anything really....'

'So you're basically hiding something in the forest and you don't want anyone to find it, right?'

'HOW DID YOU KNOW?' Batty was amazed.

'Instinct, pal, instinct! So what are you hiding?'

'If I to,d you that it wouldn't be hidden anymore...'

'It would be if I didn't know where it was!'

Batty gave up, 'Alright....its just my food stash.....I'm livjg in this forest since I been chucked out of many a town and village...'

'Why?'

Batty shrugged, 'I don't know, maybe its because people think I'm a vampire or summit...'

'What are you?'

'A toon bat, not real yet not non existant!'

'Weird...'

'So are you, man.'

'In what way, Batty?'

'You looked like another rabbit who came through here. I didn't get to scare him as he only went around the forest noth within...'

Rumbo thought to himself....'Talec.'

Batty suddenly noticed the red bandana in his right hand. Batty's memory started to come back, remembering a rabbit that became popular in Carrotus because of his blue appearance and his red bandana he wore on his head. Batty looked at Rumbo...first glancing then approching him and looking up close.

'What are you doing?' Rumbo asked wonderously.

'Do I know you?' Batty asked.

'Well I don't know you so...'

'I mean are you some famous guy or summit?'

'....' Rumbo couldn't reply.

'Well are ya or not? Its one or the other...'

Rumbo began to walk away, 'I used to be...not any more. I don't deserve such a title now...'

Batty's memory suddenly came back, 'Are you Rumbo Rabbit?'

Rumbo stopped and turned round, looking back at Batty with saddened eyes, 'Yes I am.'

'WOW!' Batty exclamated, 'The great TIME traveller who saved Carrotus?'

'I never saved it, only aided it..'

'Your just too modest.'

'And you've got a big mouth!'

'Hey!' Batty said back, then decided to change the subject, 'So where are ya goin'?'

'I don't know...'

'You following that other rabbit?'

'....Possibly...' Rumbo thought that would be a good idea for now.

'Let me come with ya!' Batty said.

'You want to come with me?'

'Sure!' Batty replied, 'It'll be a laugh,plus I can help you out, especially with my food!'

Rumbo thought about it for a moment.....

By the time Batty had collected the food they had begun to set off together through the rest of the forest and to where Talec would most likely be heading.....that OTHER mountain.....

'From the ruins of the ancient world came a rabbit whos feelings for the world surpassed any other rabbit. He strolled into this new world, leaving his past and present behind him, with only the future to look forward to.'

Rumbo Rabbit
May 28, 2001, 02:59 AM
Talec reached the edge of TIME Mountain....the mountain where he had been many a time, but many years ago. TIME had told him to come here, come to this mountain and get to the top. Talec had obeyed it like a little puppy obeying its new found owner....

But something was wrong. It wasn't TIME that was commanding him. It was the OTHER force......the evil force....

Talec climbed up the mountain as Rumbo and Batty approached the edge of the hilltops that lie before the mountain...

Rumbo and Batty were pretty worn out from their running but they still continued. As they crossed over the hills they noticed a figure climbing up the side of the mountain...

'Talec.' Rumbo exaplined, easily realising who it was.

'What is he doing?' Batty asked.

'Climbing to the top.'

'I can see that, but why?'

'.....' Rumbo began thinking to himself.

'Rumbo?'

Suddenly a voice spoke within Rumbo's head: 'Stop him, Rumbo, stop him!'

It was TIME, talking about noneother then his arch rival, Nebula.....

Without realising that Batty was still there, Rumbo began to run towards the mountain side, leaving Batty behind, who stood there totally bewildered. The two of them were to meet again, but not on this day....

Rumbo heard TIME speaking to him again...

'..rumbo....hes after the TIME Stone.....'

'Why?'

'....he wants to take back what he thinks he owns....'

'You mean Carrotus and all the other worlds?'

'Yes....'

'Why?'

'He wants to make people suffer for not believing in him....'

'Because they believed in you?'

'...yes....'

Rumbo started to pant, 'How much time do I have?'

'....I can get you to the top now if you want, nebula has increased Talec's spped and adrenaline so he can get there quicker. He knows I am coming.'

'.....Thank you TIME....'

'For what?'

'...still believing in me....'

'Only because you still believe in me.....'

'......I......'

'Don't apologise Rumbo, there will always be other Guardians of TIME...'

'Then what am I now?'

'A renegade.....of TIME and of Carrotus. You must help both in their struggle for survival...'

'I will TIME, I will.'

Suddenly Rumbo disappeared into the distance as the powers of TIME came over him once more and teleported him to the top of TIME mountain, just as Talec/Nebula had reached the top.

There was going to be a battle, with only one winner.....

Rumbo Rabbit
May 28, 2001, 02:59 AM
I hope you're enjoying this so far. Tell me what you guys think about it. Ta

Rumbo

Ducky
May 28, 2001, 07:59 AM
Yes.

http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

`Ducky

The Last Patriot
May 28, 2001, 08:47 AM
I like it so far http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

keep on writing rumbo.

Violet CLM
May 28, 2001, 01:49 PM
Errrrr... Is this the post you meant? Well, you told me to reply. And you also told me to request an entry. What about my free will! I refuse to be ordered around! *Goes off on tangent*

Kaz
May 28, 2001, 03:17 PM
Yah, it's nutritous and delicious =P

Rumbo Rabbit
May 29, 2001, 12:55 AM
yay, my sites working now. i lost it now I redone it (well part of it http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

go to www.rumbo.homestead.com/mpage.html (http://www.rumbo.homestead.com/mpage.html) to see a really cool pic of me and get all my stats!!!!

Rumbo http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kaz
May 29, 2001, 04:23 PM
Past present and future aren't working well

Talec
May 29, 2001, 04:48 PM
Dagh! I've been possessed! @_@ http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Continue please! I have to find what happens next! http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rumbo Rabbit
May 29, 2001, 11:29 PM
Yeah sorry Kaz the Past, Present and Future pages havent been completed yet http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Okay Talec, here's what happens....

Rumbo warped onto the top of the mountain, just as Talec reached the top. Rumbo swiped his right hand to his side, creating his golden sword within his grasp. Talec did the same with his left, drawing out an old blue sword. Let battle commence...

Talec ran at Rumbo, making a swipe for his head. Rumbo counterattackted and dodged the attack, hopig back and then smashing forward with a large swipe. The swipe only just missed Talec's chest as he dodged it, preparing another attack. By then Rumbo had already begun his next attack...

Kneeling down onto his right knee, resting his head on his sword handle as it dug into the ground, an aura of TIMEs energy engulfed the sword and Rumbo. The sword glistened brighter and brighter, soon becoming a bright yellow that was hard to look straight at. Rumbo's eyes, only temporarily, also changed to a bright yellow. With all his power, Rumbo lunged frward at Talec, making one swipe left, then right, then up, down, diagonal left, diagonal right, all rapidly, on e after the other. Nebula within Talec was the only thing that was getting hurt, for the sword was engulfed in spirit energy, not hurting Talec and only what is inside him. After all the swipes had struck Talec the spirit of Nebula within Talec was too weak to continue, suddenly disappearing from Talec's body. The fight was over. The sword and Rumbo's eyes went back to normal.

Rumbo ran over to Talec who lay dazed on the ground.

'Are you alright?' he asked, giving out a hand.

Talec took the hand, replying with: 'I'm fine now...I'm sorry...'

'Don't be, you couldn't control, it...'

'Yes...Nebula was after the TIME stone I pressume?'

'Yes...' TIME said to both of them, 'he was planning to alter TIME once and for all, the future of all worlds. He wants everyone to bow to him...'

'I see,' Rumbo said, now in deep thought.

'Whats the matter, Rumbo?' Talec asked.

'I shall stay here, at TIME mountain,' Rumbo said, 'it is the best place for me...to protect the TIME stone from Nebula...'

'...very well...' TIME replied, '...Guardian of TIME you are no more. Protector of all worlds you now be...'

And with that TIME disappeared from their minds, leaving Rumbo to stay at TIME mountain and Talec to return to his mountain, swearing that he would never hear the voices of TIME of Nebula ever again...

If only such a swearing could come true....

Rumbo Rabbit
May 30, 2001, 12:40 AM
Okay everyone, this is the end of this short story...now for the ultiate of all stories, the longest story that I will have ever done....RENEGADE