PDA

View Full Version : Hello/Goodbye Topics

Iam Canadian
Dec 8, 2002, 06:12 PM
I think there are too many "Hi I'm new" or "Bye I'm gone" topics on the general Jazz 2 talk forum. I think someone should start a "cool" topic on the General Jazz 2 talk forum to cut down on those topics. Well I've made my suggestion, so now I'll go and await either being praised for my genius or being mocked maliciously. :p

Trafton
Dec 8, 2002, 06:47 PM
I have to say that these topics annoy me quite a bit. Especially when the usual happens and the person just comes back ten minutes later, of course posting a complementary "I'm Back!" topic. However, there is always the question of whether if you have to seriously leave for ages and have been a player forever if it deserves a topic. It would be nice if people would just sort of announce this without having to post an entire topic. It clutters up the General Jazz 2 Talk section. However, I definitely think that any topic about someone leaving or returning should go into Misc. instead of General Jazz 2 Talk.

Tik
Dec 17, 2002, 04:43 AM
A few forums I post at have special forums for leaving/coming back/n00bie posts. That way everyone can say what they want and the other forums aren't clogged with crap.

Feline
Dec 17, 2002, 05:30 AM
Heh. If this thread has anything to do with me, you can delete the thread I started.

Tik
Dec 17, 2002, 05:34 AM
Not you spec, AF, but in general. Like around the of the summer a bunch of people feel the need to all post topics that they are leaving. Lately a lot of oldbies have been stopping by and I'm sure no one minds those as much, but imho it would be nice to have a forum for it.