PDA

View Full Version : The Bahndbird is REALLY LARGE. Look out, Howard, He's in charge!

Batty Buddy
Dec 15, 2002, 12:07 AM
Que Passa!!!!

I've wanted to draw this picture ever since meeting (One of) my idol(s) Frank Brunner: the REALLY TALENTED fantasy artist. That said, in this pic, I had a really great time drawing it. Keep in mind, it is rated T due to Howards really... weird viking duds:

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=232607

It's Howard the Duck, by the way. You know, the guy I quote in my sig. It's based on a scene in Howard's first issue in which he has to deside between getting eaten by that huge monster bird, or giving that magical key in his hand to an evil wizard, and getting rid of the bird, while said wizard gives himself God-like powers with said key...

Radium
Dec 15, 2002, 07:02 AM
Arg! Side 7 is EVIL! EVIL I SAY! IT TAKES TOO LONG TO LOAD! ... anyway, nice pic.

Fawriel
Dec 15, 2002, 07:55 AM
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Now this one's a really GOOD drawing of yours...looks darn a lot like the real comic...(not that I knew the comic...:p)

Two thumps up!^-^

Batty Buddy
Dec 15, 2002, 11:18 AM
Que Passa!!!!

/\:D/\

Thanks. I DID try to get the feeling of the comic. The thing that made me want to do this is that I found out that FRANK BRUNNER ACTUALLY created his OWN HTD fancharacter after his work on the REAL HTD: The character was a comic artist duck living on Howard's home planet named Dexter. Sadly, Dexter only got a single comic story in which he falls asleep and wakes up in his own comic book... I liked Dexter a lot.

I also tried to draw Howard's girlfreind: Beverly Switzler, but I suck at drawing humans. I'll just describe her, for those of you wondering.

Beverly is a red-headed human woman that Howard met on Earth who pals around with him. In the comic, she's a model, in the movie, she's a rockstar. She calls Howard "Ducky" a lot(No, not OUR Ducky, THEIR Ducky) and has an Uncle with the same name as her(his parents wanted a girl.). As for their real relationship... well, it's never explored really. It's mostly left up to your imagination... But Howard keeps on questioning what possible relationship a duck could have with "One of THOSE".
In this comic, she's wearing... something so MIND BLOWINGLY skimpy, it'll explode your head to hear me describe it.

JJ BBoy KS
Dec 15, 2002, 01:47 PM
Well, describe her, because I've never had my head explode before :D j/k

(You said it was rated "N" @ Side7 :p)

That's a really cool picture! I love it :cool:

Wild Angel
Dec 15, 2002, 01:56 PM
Kawaii. Enough said.

`Wildie

Batty Buddy
Dec 15, 2002, 03:50 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Well, describe her, because I've never had my head explode before j/k

Well, Ok... You see that necklace-like thing around Howards neck?

Well imagine a human female wearing something similare around her WAIST!

...No more descriptions... /\:O/\

"Geeze... It's JUST a MOVIE, Howard!"
-Beverly Switzler
HTD