PDA

View Full Version : A bone to pick...

Xion
Dec 22, 2002, 09:27 AM
I have a comment about J2o. I have been a member of this community for about 3-4 years and I haven't been around for about 6 months. I come back, clean folder, and I find that some of my old packs, and many other older and favorite packs, are not on J2o!

What do I mean? Go into my old files: The Final Duel, Fury of the Wasp, etc. etc. and they are either blank files or 404 errors. What happened?

Also I was looking for an old favorite of mine, 24 hour coffee (I think that's the name) But I put into the search "24 hour coffee", "24 hour", "24 coffee" in three different searches and got nothing.

J2o, can I get some kind of explination?

Trafton
Dec 22, 2002, 09:31 AM
Users upload their own packs if they want to. It would be impossible to force them to. Well, it would be possible, but not nice.

Xion
Dec 22, 2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Trafton
Users upload their own packs if they want to. It would be impossible to force them to. Well, it would be possible, but not nice.

I am pretty sure it was once on J2o...yes they can get deleted on accident but I just want a straight answer: Was it on or was it deleted? And the FOTW pack, that get deleted somewhere? And how did my TFD level become blank?

I want answers please. :)

Trafton
Dec 22, 2002, 10:41 AM
They may have been deleted because someone that shouldn't have uploaded them did (I believe that happened.) And if your pack is blank, try reuploading it.

Xion
Dec 22, 2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Trafton
They may have been deleted because someone that shouldn't have uploaded them did (I believe that happened.) And if your pack is blank, try reuploading it.

I would if I could.

Fury of the Wasp Pack...download is a 404. (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/moreinfo.php?levelid=335)

God D*!mit! It didn't do that before. TFD works and will be hosted on JJ2 shortly to get the level back out there.

Radium
Dec 22, 2002, 01:32 PM
Yay for 404s.

Trafton
Dec 22, 2002, 05:25 PM
The users upload what they want. It would be impossible to upload everything. If you want something uploaded that isn't, ask the author. If they are no longer around and it has been heavily requested, ask an admin if it is OK, and if yes, upload it but ask reviewers not to rate the files.

Link
Dec 22, 2002, 09:42 PM
Trafton, I think what he means is that 24 hour coffee was a popular level (and it was, or at least hosted a lot), and that it would have probably been uploaded.

I don't know why your own level files are gone though. I think it happened with a lot of things.

Tik
Dec 22, 2002, 09:48 PM
This is the same problem that happened with SXR. Here's the thing: Back in '00 When j2o first started up, it was on a completely different server, so when packs were uploaded, they went to a completely different server than the current one j2o is on. And if THAT server is down, you cannot access the levels. I'm not sure what server this was and where it's located, but chances are if you got the URL for that server and it was up and everything, you could download it, re-upload it, or something.

Another option is to private message someone who has downloaded it and ask them to send it to you, and then you could re upload it.

Trafton
Dec 23, 2002, 07:41 PM
Spaztic is right on this one. The Nagcentral uploads were not properly converted, and thus do not work. Reuploading should fix it.

Ice M A N
Dec 24, 2002, 03:42 AM
It's not the nagcentral downloads per se.. it's that on nagcentral the space was somewhat limited and <i>some</i> downloads were moved by admins to an alternate server, and those downloads don't work. I think.. (I don't work for J2o, don't assume I'm right ;p)

Trafton
Dec 24, 2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Ice M A N
It's not the nagcentral downloads per se.. it's that on nagcentral the space was somewhat limited and <i>some</i> downloads were moved by admins to an alternate server, and those downloads don't work. I think.. (I don't work for J2o, don't assume I'm right ;p)
Oh, yes, Ice M A N is right. Nagcentral's work. Evil space concerns. Reuploading *should* fix it.

Xion
Dec 29, 2002, 04:07 PM
Everybody's saying "Reupload it" in one form or another. Here's the big problem:

I DO NOT HAVE THE PACK!!!!! I HAVE BEEN ASKING BUT THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE THE PACKS ARE TOO LAZY TO BUNDLE THEM UP AGAIN AND SEND THEM BACK TO ME!

If you didn't get it that time then you are just a big fat *doot* and you suck major *Doot* and like to lick *doot* because you're a *Dooooot* *Dooot*.

(So edit it derby. I said noting of enfringement.)

Anyways, if you HAVE the pack (Fury of the Wasp!) you should have the .txt that went with it (fotw.txt I believe) and it should have everything you need to pack.