PDA

View Full Version : Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree- Whoever chewed your branches?

Batty Buddy
Dec 22, 2002, 12:30 PM
Que Passa!!!!

(Note: this could be either Art, or Misc. If it's the latter, please move it.)
"He's reading your thoughts
He's checking your mail.
Gonna find out
Why your not in jail.
Santa clause is comming to town."
-Garrison Keiler version.

Well, it's almost here. In two days time, the worlds most famous reigndeer enslaver will be breaking into our houses to force toys apon us...

The thing is, last year, I made a comic as a universal gift to all my family, each made unique by a drawing of that family members favorite character of mine doing something festive (Examples: Weasel has a wreath around his neck and is sipping eggnog, Xit is ripping open a gift twice his size with his teeth, etc...)

Anyway, this picture was origionally supposed to be this years gift:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=232327
(it's OK, my family never checks my Side 7 account.)
But now, I'm not so sure... THIS year, we're throwing a Christmas/Kwanza celibration... and now I'm kind of wondering if I should make a Kwanza picture(I know very little on the holiday, but I can research fairly quickly...), or just give the Christmas one...

... Can anyone help me deside.

Fawriel
Dec 22, 2002, 12:36 PM
Saw the piccy long ago already!:p

Give us both,if possible!;)

acid
Dec 22, 2002, 12:47 PM
both, and if you can't, pick one. I don't know which.

Captain Spam
Dec 23, 2002, 10:16 AM
If you're throwing a party for both, you've gotta do both, I say.

Cool pic, though. Makes one wonder how he chews the tree through the bars. :-)

Batty Buddy
Dec 23, 2002, 05:50 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Spam: ever since I read your responce, I've had a headache.../\:lol:/\ How the heck DID he do that?!?!?

Ah well, sometimes one draws things they themselves don't understand...

Anyway, here's the Kwanzaa one. It's not as funny as the Christmas one, but it IS kind of heartwarming: http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=234802
Just Weasel and Xit in this one, as my mom likes Weasel and my grandma likes Xit (If your wondering where the latter is, Xit is asleep in Weasel's arms... er... FORELEGS... whichever you want to call them.) I couldn't get the impression of candlelight down right, but it still looks good.

And as a bonus: Here's a pic that has to do with Winter as a whole.
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=234804

Happy holidays, everyone.

/\:D/\

Hare
Dec 31, 2002, 02:35 AM
Binki...

That was one of my old player names :P. Nice pic, BTW :), and it looks like these will be very happy holidays for the Jazzers :) Hmm.. did you make that texture on the tree or use a predefine?

Batty Buddy
Dec 31, 2002, 09:19 AM
Que Passa!!!!

The texture on the tree, and the snow for that matter, are both bmps that I used as skins for the 3D stuff.

... It's kind of hard to get the stuff to look natural while using all your senses, so I pretty much did that part with my eyes closed...
/\:D/\