PDA

View Full Version : colored jazz

c0nker raccoon
Dec 22, 2002, 08:18 PM
Flat color jazz (http://www.deviantart.com/view/1056244) ^^; oy... i MUST color more...

acid
Dec 22, 2002, 08:55 PM
pretty good, but, like all the comments say, it does need a little shading. Great work!

Fawriel
Dec 23, 2002, 06:33 AM
Eeeeerrrrrrrm....ouch?^^;;;;;

But hey,gotta LOVE that symbol showing his lifes!-^^-

<s>And it needs shading!</s>;)

Batty Buddy
Dec 23, 2002, 06:38 AM
Que Passa!!!!

(looks at picture.)

Oooooh... that little triangle thing on his extra life face was his MOUTH... I thought it was his nose... And I thought his nose was his eyes...

Well, if you want a quick way to shade it, you can borrow MY way: Open it in Paint(or something similar) and use the eraser's right-click option to dust the edges with a darker color.

Radium
Dec 23, 2002, 07:12 AM
I prefer to use JascPSP7 for shading. I use the "Magic Wand" tool to select one color and the "Lightness to Target" tool to give it anime-like shading with nice, soft edges.
http://www.foxmage.com/Sphere1.png

Nemesis
Dec 23, 2002, 03:06 PM
It's a pretty good picture. :)

For shading, I literally DRAW the shading on the picture. Then when I scan it, I just split the shading from the drawing, fill it and add some blur. Never been so easy.

Unciaa
Dec 23, 2002, 04:16 PM
Ooooh, I like! His left foot might be a tad small given how it's closer to the camera than the rest of his body, but that's my only boggle. Don't even mind the lack of shading [having spent the last 2 hours fiddling with it in Photoshop... Of course the part you start with always looks too bright than the rest and you have to add shading to make it match and yadayada... :rolleyes:].

Nice work. :)

Captain Spam
Dec 23, 2002, 05:06 PM
Hm, it doesn't look too bad for a bit o' flatshading, really. You've got the pose and such right, that's a great 'solid' bit of overall drawing talent.

For me for shading... I use <a href="http://www.gimp.org">GIMP</a> for all my coloring bits. I more or less magic wand the area I want to color, dump color in it, go to a different layer with a multiply bit on it (with the same magic wand selection as before), and draw in the new color manually, using a brush with not-quite-full hardness. This makes a nice hazy edge. Then I just draw in the rest of it (the selection stops it from drawing all over the picture), and I wind up with a somewhat nifty cartoony shading thing.

But, that's just me. :-)

c0nker raccoon
Dec 23, 2002, 07:56 PM
thank you all for the comments ^^ oh and if any of u bothered to look around and find the description, it said i was gonna shade it afterwards... so yes.. i'ts gonna be shaded..heh..oy, must have been the link i put up... ah well.

Hare
Dec 31, 2002, 02:42 AM
Though I'm put off by all the blood, I still think this is a nice picture. :) Cute and rugged pulled off in unison, quite nicely.

His left foot seems smaller than his right... not qute the same shape as well. His toes on his right foot flare outward as they flow from the ankle, while the left foot is more straight.