PDA

View Full Version : I work too much.

Radium
Jan 6, 2003, 11:19 AM
I decided to take a break from working on my JJ2 platform fangame and make a simple RPGM2k game of the first ten or so chapters of "Conquerer" (by Coppertop) (yeah, that's my idea of a break). I tend to get carried away when I start making stuff, and somehow became determined to have side-view battle graphics where the characters came onto the screen from the right and attacked the enemy. Once again I have the problem that I started some giant project and suck at animation. Solution? I need you're guy's help again. I need:

Character graphics (32x24, 3 frames for each direction) for:
<s>-Copper</s> DONE
<s>-Ducky</s> I plan to do this.
<s>-Grath</s> I plan to do this.
<s>-Wild</s> I plan to do this

Face graphics (48x48 per face) (with plenty of different faces) for:
-Copper
-KRSplat
-Ducky
-Grath
-Kaz
-Ninja
-Blcksheep
-Wild

Side-view fighting graphics (96x96 per graphic) for:
-Copper
-KRSplat
-Ducky
-Grath
<s>-Kaz</s> Kaz says he'll do this but nobody belives him.
-Ninja
-Claw
-Blacksheep
-Wild

I tried doing some of these myself. In about 10 hours, I got done:
5 frame fireing graphic of KRSplat in the game.
http://www.foxmage.com/IceCave.png
Charset of KRSPlat:
http://www.foxmage.com/DarkSplat.png

Anyone that helps me (and does a good job, meaning no monocolor shading and no using MSPaint) will get to beta test the game when it gets to that stage (which shouldn't be too long, depending on when I get some graphics).

Help would be apriciated. Any questions, just ask.

Fawriel
Jan 6, 2003, 11:30 AM
Ts,now I wish I had PSP again...-_-

Aw well...

Just make sure you dun abandon the other game! T_T

EDIT:And why am I not included? :o

Radium
Jan 6, 2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo
Ts,now I wish I had PSP again...-_-

Aw well...

Just make sure you dun abandon the other game! T_T

EDIT:And why am I not included? :o
I know this program called "DPixed" specifically for drawing 256 color graphics. It's like PSP, but with 15999744 less colors.

And you're not included because you're not in the story. Make at least 3 graphics for me and I'll give you a cameo on Tubelectric =P.

Fawriel
Jan 6, 2003, 11:36 AM
Tell me where to get that program and I'll think about it!:p

Radium
Jan 6, 2003, 11:43 AM
http://jawsv.swoo.net/dpix209e.zip
Now think about it, human! Think harder!

Radium
Jan 6, 2003, 11:54 AM
Oh, and piccolo, if you have to help me could you make some Character Sets? No offense, but I think... er... it'd be better to leave the rest to someone else.

Fawriel
Jan 6, 2003, 12:03 PM
You mean those chibi versions that will (as far as I guess) be used for walking around in the map-mode?

Well if you want me to...:o

And,dun worry,I'll take it as an offense anyways!;)
<s>Sucker.</s>

Radium
Jan 6, 2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo
You mean those chibi versions that will (as far as I guess) be used for walking around in the map-mode?

Well if you want me to...:o

And,dun worry,I'll take it as an offense anyways!;)
<s>Sucker.</s>
Yes, the chibis =P. And make them good, maybe even use other ones as templates.

<i>

Unciaa
Jan 6, 2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Radium
Yes, the chibis =P. And make them good..

No, don't listen to him, it's a trick! You're supposed to NOT make them good, that is, bad! Yes! It's true it is!

--MS employee. :p

Radium
Jan 6, 2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Unciaa
No, don't listen to him, it's a trick! You're supposed to NOT make them good, that is, bad! Yes! It's true it is!

--MS employee. :p
Ignore the MS employee!

Any combat/face graphics I want as least this good (Yay, I drawed something):
http://www.foxmage.com/KrShoot.gif

Radium
Jan 6, 2003, 05:23 PM
I made the title screen. Yay.
Click the link below to view it's crappieness.
http://www.foxmage.com/Title.gif
I seem to have a problem with... squares. I would've added more characters but I ran out of <s>energy</s> room.

MoonBlazE
Jan 6, 2003, 09:37 PM
Seens very cool Radium. Keep it up. ;)

Radium
Jan 7, 2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Moonblaze
Seens very cool Radium. Keep it up. ;)
Thanx. If anyone's actually working on anything, could they say so, so someone else (mainly me) dosn't do it?

Unciaa
Jan 7, 2003, 05:38 AM
The title pic looks really good bar the perspective problems on the ship. How about a celshaded or manually-traced 3d render of it [the ship]? Cheating somewhat, but drawing vehicles != easy. *g*

Radium
Jan 7, 2003, 05:54 AM
Actually, the problem with the ship is that it is a piece of krap. I'll probably redo the whole title sometime, with straight lines on the ship and words.

Radium
Jan 9, 2003, 01:25 PM
I started redoing the Title Screen (old one sucked), but gave up after a while. I planned to cut the other guy and the tree out of the old one. If anyone wants to finish coloring this and pasting stuff into it, go right ahead.

http://www.foxmage.com/IQuit.GIF
(Warning: Bigness)

MoonBlazE
Jan 9, 2003, 11:53 PM
The title screen looks fine to me.

Radium
Jan 10, 2003, 03:40 AM
The new would look better (if it was finished). The old one's title is crooked and the ship dosn't have a single straight line on it.

EDIT: Oh, and I decided I'm doing character graphics, so I don't need any help with those.

Radium
Jan 12, 2003, 08:18 AM
I still need some side-view fighting graphics, but nobody seems to <s>give a d*mn</s> want to help me.

KRSplat
Jan 12, 2003, 08:23 AM
I'll help you think of the plot ;)

Sorry, I have no artistic skillz.

Radium
Jan 12, 2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by KRSplat
I'll help you think of the plot ;)

Originally posted by Radium
I decided to take a break from working on my JJ2 platform fangame and make a simple RPGM2k game of the first ten or so chapters of "Conquerer" (by Coppertop)
¬_¬

Ducky
Jan 13, 2003, 01:44 PM
Um?

I'm just a little confused. I'm not sure I know what you want and probably can't do it anyway. ;P

Radium
Jan 13, 2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Ducky
Um?

I'm just a little confused. I'm not sure I know what you want and probably can't do it anyway. ;P
Mainly, what I need is side view combat graphics (like in those old fighting games in arcades) of the characters in Conquerer (the good (important) ones). The graphics need to be 96x96 and 25 or less frames (including explosions, fireballs and stuff) with at least a walking animation and several different punching and kicking moves. It's alright if they only face one direction.

JJ BBoy KS
Jan 27, 2003, 02:56 PM
*Whew!* Looks like a lot of work ;)

Cool stuff though!

Evaluator
Jan 28, 2003, 03:26 AM
I would help if I could, but my graphics look awful :p. I prefer programming :D

*Fireball*
Feb 4, 2003, 06:37 AM
hmm,, as soon as my comp is back up and running (when i get rid of this stupid WORM) i could help,, are you doing any specific characters?

Radium
Feb 4, 2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by *Fireball*
hmm,, as soon as my comp is back up and running (when i get rid of this stupid WORM) i could help,, are you doing any specific characters?
Actually, I'm going to try doing it myself again.

-Note: Before finishing this post I got a worm virus and successfully removed it in 15.6 seconds. It's useful to have two virus shields running at once =P. If you don't have a virus shield, get AVG, it's nice and free.

*Fireball*
Feb 5, 2003, 05:48 AM
actually, this worm had shut down my antivirus thingy, and prevented me from loading up my computer whatsoever,,

currently, though, my computer is worm free -- Yaha.E is gone! n.n

and am looking forward to seeing how this game turns out,,