PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should ask Dethman

UrbanMenace
Mar 24, 2001, 12:53 AM
to post a link on the ex-jmmb to here. After all, if there's no way to find out where to go, newbies will have a bit of a problem

And, hi on the new board everyone!

Aiko
Mar 24, 2001, 01:29 AM
Who cares about DethMan today? Not me. He is reading the bible. Don't disturb him.

(Its misc, i know.)

ShadowGPW
Mar 24, 2001, 02:45 AM
a Long time ago before j20 was online and before Universe Jazz was online there was a dude called DethMan he cared about jj2..

now he is sick of that green bunny and kills all the sites that he created..

Electric Ir
Mar 24, 2001, 02:50 AM
But that doesn't mean that there's no community anymore. Remember that DethMan is just a single person that maintained two good websites relating to JJ2, and thats it.

Newspaz
Mar 24, 2001, 03:06 AM
Deth to Dethman =)

Tweety
Mar 24, 2001, 03:15 AM
I don't think there's need to.. Because the way new community members(heh, I don't really like the other term) found JMMB was through J2C, which was also told to them by us. And since J2C and JMMB are both dead now, directing them to J2O instead of J2C is the solution.

Fquist_old
Mar 24, 2001, 03:31 AM
Let's just spread the word ourselves. Keeps troublemakers out.

Dethman cares about the Jmmb alright.. that's why he closed it.

Aiko
Mar 24, 2001, 03:38 AM
No, in his weird byebye message, he admits that he didn't care anymore. And he had no faith in us and closed it for very, VERY obscure reasons.

You could as well close *this* board tomorrow for the same "reasons".

Fquist_old
Mar 24, 2001, 03:42 AM
He closed the forum because the moreality was too low. If you visited misc you would have seen a big junkyard of flaming most of the time.

Ice M A N
Mar 24, 2001, 03:46 AM
Yes, Quist is right once again. ;)

You said yourself Aiko, that you don't visit the Clan talk and Misc forums because what goes on in there. Truth is, most of the JMMB (in recent times) was the misc forum... :/

Aiko
Mar 24, 2001, 03:53 AM
Morals are going down the drain *everywhere*, in all western socities. My impression is that actually the Jazz2 community is one with the highest "moral standards" at all (thats prolly because in the mean time its a kids/teenager game, i admit).

But it will be exactly the same on this board. We have the same admins here, and afaik, theres also a Misc forum here. If there were people who overdid it on the JMMB, you could have banned them. Easy as that.

Besides, he could also have closed the Misc forum. This is about Jazz2 anyways, not about misc gossip.

I still don't get it.

Fquist_old
Mar 24, 2001, 03:57 AM
Banning is very easy to get around.

With this software it's harder, but still.

Paul
Mar 24, 2001, 06:26 AM
My only request would be that he had informed us before closing it.

Admael
Mar 24, 2001, 07:49 AM
Actually, I think it's better by word of mouth. Harder for troublemakers to get to it, really.

And don't be down on Dethman. He had good reasons, and gracious knows he cares about you guys. He's a good guy. He knows what he was doing. And he's done far more for you guys than you may ever understand.

He went it alone twice, for what I believe were the right reasons both times. And thank gracious he IS reading the Bible, Aiko... chances are, the community would've collapsed long before many of you joined if it weren't for his beliefs.

-Ad

Aiko
Mar 24, 2001, 08:06 AM
I would expect someone to explain and discuss his reasons before suddenly closing everything. He didn't. Well okay, his decision. But i have the right to be dissappointed.

And in my opinion you really have to seperate the whole christian morals discussion from our favourite 2d jump and run game called Jazz Jackrabbit. There is no connection and there shouldnt be one.

Admael
Mar 24, 2001, 09:24 AM
There's a lot more of a connection than you think, Aiko.

Besides, would you have believed him if he had given reasons? Probably not.

-Ad

Aiko
Mar 24, 2001, 09:44 AM
Well Admael, for me, there is *no* connection. Christian religion (which i have absolutely nothing against if it isnt interpreted as fanatism) is one thing, the Jazz Jackrabbit computer game another one.

Well whatever...im just dissappointed by this guy (like i was dissapointed by Alienator). End of story.

By the way, remember how Wakeman handled it when he "closed" J2C. That was different and better. The closing was sad as well, but he discussed it with us Jazz fans in the JMMB. I remember that.

Coppertop
Mar 24, 2001, 01:20 PM
Wasn't there a vote thingy? I heard there was, but I didn't vote so I can't really say that it was about closing JMMB.

Aiko, I think we are all disapointed but we do have a new, um, meeting place. I don't think that disapointment should cloud our enjoyment of the JCF.

Just my opinion, but still. . .

Poison IvEE
Mar 24, 2001, 02:31 PM
Aiko, unfortunately, life is full of all sorts of disappointments, most of them we learn from. I think that Dethman was just plain tired of the junk that was continuely going on in the JMMB. There seemed to be alot of unrest with members, continual flaming, swearing, and just plain rudeness (sp). Hopefully, we have all learned to edit ourselves, before actually posting on this board.

Electric Ir
Mar 24, 2001, 11:53 PM
Anyway, I think we just have to accept it that DethMan lost interest. We are going to do that too, sometime. Be happy with this way better messageboard without spammers and flooders.

SteelTalon
Mar 25, 2001, 11:48 AM
As a few of you know, I ICQ'd DethMan about this. He responded *gasp*. Here is what went on:

SteelTalon 3/20/01 4:39 PM Heh, I dunno if you still use this

proggie(ICQ)/#, but anyway...

---> Matthew 14:31

There are at least a few here who walk with

God on "the board". You didn't have to close

it. I always thought "we weren't supposed to

bring religion into 'the board'"... after all,

it is a JJ2 board...

*sigh* What I could have said... Ah well...

Glory to God! =)

DethMan 3/22/01 1:58 PM Quote unquote Religion, belongs everywhere...

of course, I'm talking about the Biblical

religion http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DethMan 3/22/01 2:03 PM I'll admit to having my reasons, but why

should I strive with you, or argue against

you, to explain such things? I have no cause

against you.

Still, it is nice to hear from an old friend,

albiet under somewhat odd circumstances http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SteelTalon 3/22/01 3:48 PM Wow, it's nice to know your ICQ is still in

commission(sp?) (and that you're alive ;P). =)

It's not really about the 'board, it's about

what we're gonna do now (my TalonZone isn't up

yet http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif). =/

And anyway, where'd you go off to? To

(*cough*evil*cough* ;P)UT, like many? ;P

SteelTalon 3/22/01 3:50 PM Oh, and yes, I also believe Biblical values

should be applied everywhere... I just meant

posting posts ABOUT Christianity, and study of

His Word. =/

DethMan 3/23/01 11:41 AM Sorry I seemed a little harsh there, please

accept my apologies.

SteelTalon 3/23/01 3:23 PM I accept... even though you weren't harsh. =P

Hmm... is this a little evasiveness I sense

here? http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DethMan 3/23/01 3:57 PM Pardon me, what was the question?

SteelTalon 3/23/01 4:08 PM Where you went off to. *cough* there's a

little button in the top-right called history

*cough* ;P

DethMan 3/24/01 1:07 PM No, I have not been playing UT http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SteelTalon 3/24/01 2:44 PM Hehe. That's still evasive. ;/

(Oh? What about 7th Lava Fall? You got some of

those textures from Unreal/UT, supposedly. ;P)

O__o

Fquist_old
Mar 25, 2001, 11:59 AM
If you still use icq, authorize me, finally. :P

Aiko
Mar 26, 2001, 07:08 AM
<shaking my head>

Oh boy! That was a great example of a conversation, SteelTalon!

</shaking my head>

(If anyone asks me about iCQ in the future, i'll post a link to this thread.)

Tman
Mar 26, 2001, 12:03 PM
I have nothing to say about What u said http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif ok that didnt make since http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Emerald Dragon
Mar 26, 2001, 11:00 PM
*cough, cough* What planet are y'all on? *cough, cough*

UrbanMenace
Mar 28, 2001, 07:31 AM
That one...with...people on?

Earth or something.

DFX
Mar 29, 2001, 04:24 PM
I just don't get it how do y'll know what's going on on peoples lives. What do you do watch them!

"Don't bother Deathman he is reading the bible." So what did he do e-mail you Aiko or something I just dunno. And also how do you guys know about World Tree Games and who works for it and they gave up finding a publish for JJ3 well what about Project 3!?

You just said they're a publisher they didn't want to publish the game! Then what's the point of those posts on the P3 messageboard! I totally confused.

Talec
Apr 18, 2001, 06:13 PM
LoL Emerald Dragon and UrbanMenace! http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif