PDA

View Full Version : Possum or Fangame fourm?

n0
Jan 22, 2003, 10:13 AM
I wasn't sure where this topic should be, but anyways,

Should we have a Fangame fourm or should we keep the old Possum fourm?

Its been asked before, but there has never been a poll... Till now.

So, Vote!

`N0

Fawriel
Jan 22, 2003, 10:29 AM
Very sensible idea to make it multiple choice,that way the decision ain't so hard!;)

j/k,I voted fer Fangame Forum

Trafton
Jan 22, 2003, 11:42 AM
This probably should go into Feedback.

Anyway, I'm for it. Possum isn't technically a fangame, but I think that we do need a fangame forum, and Possum isn't doing much right now.

Djaser
Jan 22, 2003, 12:06 PM
Are there any (good) JJR fangames?

Newspaz
Jan 23, 2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Djaser
Are there any (good) JJR fangames?
Just a few. I liked Jazz Ski rabbit ;). I'd go for the fangame forum if we're trying to keep this community alive as long as possible. Look what fangames did to the keen community....

Radium
Jan 23, 2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by N0B0DY
I wasn't sure where this topic should be, but anyways,

Should we have a Fangame fourm or should we keep the old Possum fourm?

Its been asked before, but there has never been a poll... Till now.

So, Vote!

`N0
To clarify, in the Possum forum we were considering renaming it the "Fangame Forum" and giving it new moderators, due to it's lack of activity.

Chiyu
Jan 23, 2003, 05:23 AM
The RKpack contained some pretty funny fan games ;-P

I'm for a fangame forum too.

MoonBlazE
Jan 23, 2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by CraccoBoyCC
The RKpack contained some pretty funny fan games ;-PDid you enjoy biting FQuist's head off that much?

Trafton
Jan 23, 2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CraccoBoyCC
The RKpack contained some pretty funny fan games ;-P

I'm for a fangame forum too.
The RK pack was not a fangame. It was a pack containing bad simplistic games that make Jazz Ski Rabbit look like The Legend of Zelda. It did not feature Jazz Jackrabbit, so it was not a fangame forum. Not only that, but the entire game was devoted to personally attacking people, which is just a bad thing to do in general. I'm for a new fangame forum, but strongly against development of such games. In my opinion, they have no place on J2O, JCF, or anywhere. They aren't fangames, they are hate games. It does not matter who it was a personal attack on - there are better ways of expressing opinions.

n0
Jan 24, 2003, 07:42 AM
So far, it looks like people want a fangame fourm. There have been 17 votes, and every one of them wanted a Fangame forurm. Three of the votes also wanted the possum fourm.
`N0

Trafton
Jan 24, 2003, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure if everyone understood how this poll worked. I'm sure that several people who assumed that they had to choose one option just chose fangame forum and nothing else (like me ;P.) Still, 19 yes 0 no is quite impressive. Still, the JCF isn't a democracy. The final descicion is at the hands of the administrators, not us, no matter how the vote goes.

Radium
Jan 24, 2003, 03:24 PM
Trafton, why won't you suggest it to an admin? They'll listen to you =P.

Trafton
Jan 24, 2003, 03:34 PM
I sent a PM to someone. Just a warning: you seriously overestimate my persuasive abilities. ;P

Radium
Jan 24, 2003, 03:45 PM
I meant that in comparison to myself.

Trafton
Jan 24, 2003, 04:32 PM
...Thanks. I think. ;P

Anyway, the administrators *do* read this forum. Just because they don't post doesn't mean that they do not read anything. I doubt that PMing accomplished anything, but we'll see. :)

n0
Jan 24, 2003, 06:25 PM
Well, they must have read it, cause they moved it over here.
And it is 19 - 1 for the Fangame fourm now.
SOmone voted only possum.

Radium
Jan 24, 2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by N0B0DY
Well, they must have read it, cause they moved it over here.

They just wanted to throw it in the forum they never read to get rid of it.

Trafton
Jan 25, 2003, 03:25 PM
Well, it was read, but not replied to. I'm not sure what that means, though. :P

n0
Jan 25, 2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Trafton
Well, it was read, but not replied to. I'm not sure what that means, though. :P
Well, lets ask them!

<font color="ffa500">Hey admins?
What does that mean?</font>

Trafton
Jan 26, 2003, 01:34 PM
I think the message the silence is supposed to send is "we have no comment right now." I could be wrong, though. But bugging them about it won't improve the chances.

Bartman
Jan 26, 2003, 06:38 PM
Is there a way to just make a new forum? And then archive the Possum Forest forum just to view?

But I'm all for the Fangame idea...

Trafton
Jan 27, 2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Bartman
Is there a way to just make a new forum? And then archive the Possum Forest forum just to view?

But I'm all for the Fangame idea...
Yes, there is. In fact, the old Forums Discussion and Feedback forum is archived, but hidden. Renaming the forums is also possible (for instance, this forum itself recently changed name from "Forum Questions & Feedback" to "Site and Forum Questions & Feedback."

FQuist
Jan 27, 2003, 12:12 PM
There are barely any fan game topics right now, I'd think I'll have to see how everything develops, and then I'll see if a forum is needed. You can use future jazz talk right now, it's the forum where these things belong.

Radium
Jan 27, 2003, 12:19 PM
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6737
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6784
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6975
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6992
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6417
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6541

Six topics, that's 1/9.83333th of the topics in Possum. Actually, the thread was suggesting turning Possum into a fangame forum, not making a new one. It's not like Possum's actually <i>doing</i> anything.

Trafton
Jan 27, 2003, 03:24 PM
FQuist has a point, but this would not be creating an entire new forum, it would just be expanding Possum. No extra space wasted at all.