PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere at JCF...

WhiteFang
Jan 27, 2003, 11:56 AM
And I think the atmosphere at JCF is getting lesser... I don't like topics like the one with the Freelancestuff and the way people act in the topic of Gummybear and Cobra. I think it's bad for the atmosphere and I think the mods and admins should get more active again in a good way and the people who come here should behave, swear less etc. etc. (and maybe some people need to be warned and maybe, maybe some more serieus action should be taken, no offence to anyone...)

Trafton
Jan 27, 2003, 12:01 PM
<strike>THIS SHOULD BE IN FORUM QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK! BAN!</strike> ;)

But anyway, I have to agree. I've seen many cases that people seem to be deliberately annoying the administrators ("gee, I hope Derby doesn't edit this message!") and I think they deserve more respect than that. After all, they take time to edit the messages...and people provide more work for them to do intentionally. Funny how that works.

If people just stopped swearing and started thinking before they posted, I think that the JCF would have a better atmosphere. The Cobra/Gummibear topic was just a joke, but people got pretty offended at the idea that they were homosexual...I don't like seeing people attacking others like that on the JCF. It just shouldn't be like that.

Anyways, I agree fully.

4I Falcon
Jan 27, 2003, 12:46 PM
Derby admittedly does a hilariously good job at editing profane or offensive messages. But, yes, lots of people do p. off the mods and admins. And, somehow, our faithful f(r)iends manage to take the brunt of the banter without flinching.

Here's to everyone who holds any position of power.

[/vacuum]

KILL THE STUPS

*winces as he remembers the painfully n00bish wrath of REBECCAFATHEAD*

WhiteFang
Jan 27, 2003, 12:52 PM
The reason I posted it in General, was I hoped everybody would read it.... :S

KRSplat
Jan 27, 2003, 01:10 PM
The atmosphere is bad around here, as in disrespect, spam, people not caring for rules and then not getting punished.

Xion
Jan 27, 2003, 02:14 PM
Kr: Case in point. 0/

MaGoo
Jan 27, 2003, 03:12 PM
Speaking of Freelance, I think it's rediculous that he makes about 20 threads a week, with nothing more to say than a sentence about something that nobody knows what he's talking about. If that's not spam I don't know what is.

EvilMike
Jan 27, 2003, 03:15 PM
If you want good atmosphere, get off the internet. There may be an air of negativity around here sometimes, but I think it's better than a lot of forums. I have been a member of several forums in the past, and believe me, they are a lot worse than this one in terms of atmosphere.

Trafton
Jan 27, 2003, 03:23 PM
Unfortunately, EvilMike has a point. There is no way to change the behavior of JCF users. In general, the JCF does have a lot of spam and a few people who insist on being annoying intentionally. It's a pity, but unfortunately unpreventable. However, I do agree that people should do their bests to not break the rules or, more importantly, not offend others. I don't find people admitting that they cause a bad atmosphere funny - it shows that they are simply unwilling to put any effort into changing, which is a shame, not just for others but for them too.

KRSplat
Jan 27, 2003, 03:23 PM
There is no such thing as a good atmosphere on a forum, especially when the community knows each other a bit TOO well, and most of the people there don't even have anything to do with whatever it is focused on, which is the case here.

There are also a lot of drug addicts/alchoholics here, which does not help any type of atmosphere.

#jj2 also has a bad influence. There is a lot of flaming and abuse of power there.

EvilMike
Jan 27, 2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by KRSplat
There are also a lot of drug addicts/alchoholics here, which does not help any type of atmosphere.

#jj2 also has a bad influence. There is a lot of flaming and abuse of power there.

* Now talking in #jj2
* Topic is 'This is the most exciting place. Ever. The bold text is there to emphasize my sarcasm.'
* Set by EvilMike on Mon Jan 27 16:59:16
-Q- [#jj2] Welcome to the official Jazz Jackrabbit 2 channel. Observe proper netiquette and don't do stuff we don't like. And stop feeding the monkeys, in the name of humanity!
* Q sets mode: +o EvilMike
-AutoVoice- Welcome To #jj2 EvilMike! To view stats of #jj2 go to http://www3.sympatico.ca/veggieman/Input/
* AutoVoice sets mode: +v EvilMike
[Noveh] Yes.
[Spaztic] Hey mike
[Noveh] Hi. =)
[mcatis] hey mike
[EvilMike] Hello my fellow bad-influencers
[SlaYo] Hello sir Terribly EvilMike tm
[Noveh] I'm just going to delete everyone. Oh yes.
[EvilMike] Krsplat doesn't like this place and thinks we are drug addicts.
[EvilMike] In the name of the ops I declare war on him.
[EvilMike] Someone buy me some weapons.
[Spaztic] I would help but I'm high
[Noveh] You can use all my knives.
[SlaYo] Yah, count me out to buddy.
[SlaYo] Cant find my weed.. must find weed.
[EvilMike] Oh I see. It's one of THOSE days.
[SlaYo] He probably came on one of THOSE days
[EvilMike] You all make me sick. Too lazy to even declare war on an innocent person who I took out of context!
[Spaztic] Hahaha...context is a funny word
[EvilMike] Hahahaha
* EvilMike falls over
[SlaYo] Haha it sure is man.
[EvilMike] Hahaha I'm on the floor. Woooaoaaaaahhh
[SlaYo] I like the way the letters are placed.. in an order that is still pronouncable, while the word contains an X
[EvilMike] Man the floor is like TALKING to me man!
[SlaYo] Hahaha
[Spaztic] hahahahasdjk
[SlaYo] Dont be rude, talk back
[SlaYo] hey.. i got one... context haha
[Spaztic] sicne when does i have 5 fingers? alhahahaha fingers is fun
[EvilMike] Dudeeeeee
[AddSlap] Why doesn't EvilNike die and fall over? Nobody likes him.
[AddSlap] Oh, hi, EvilNike!
[SlaYo] EvelNike sucks
[EvilMike] Hahahahahahaha you said high hahaha
[EvilMike] hahaha high EvilMike hahahahahaha
[Spaztic] Why isn[' nike pronounced as nike?.
* EvilMike falls over
[SlaYo] It isnt?
[EvilMike] Cause it.... is a shoe.
[Noveh] Or whatever.
[Spaztic] hahahaha
[Noveh] We should kill it.
[SlaYo] Yah and people step on it all the time, id be all like "hey it isnt nike you know"
[Spaztic] Dude if we put a bong in your shoe your shoe would make a great bong
[EvilMike] Woaaaahhhhhhhhh
[Spaztic] I know man, its deep
[SlaYo] "Dude if we put a bong in your shoe your shoe would make a great bong." -Spaztic
[SlaYo] Pantsbread
[EvilMike] Hahahahaha you said if
[Spaztic] Wow, man. I'm like...mooved
[Spaztic] hgahahahaha ifffff
[SlaYo] ----> if <----- Hilarious
[Spaztic] dude..."shemp" spelled backwards is "hemp" ahahahaha
[SlaYo] haha
[EvilMike] DUDE was that a dis m an? Woaah calm dowwwnnnnn

In other words, Everything you said is true except for the part about power abuse. As for flaming, we were basically flaming ourselves.

Haze
Jan 28, 2003, 02:52 AM
*refuses to reply to this thread because of the offensive atmosphere* :)

As most would say there have been better times. But things change and one can do little but accept and live with it. Fortunately there still are some sensible topics around and as usual it's nice to hear from you all, whom are still slightly sane ;). I am quite sure I'm not the only one who values the input of others on certain issues, whether Jazz2 or misc. And I sure don't hesitate on giving my opinion on things if needed/asked for. I value a good laugh once and awhile, some people even dare to say I'm quite funny. Though I must admit certain topics should've been moved from misc to the comedy cafe, e.g. when the joke has been exposed.

And then there's the beauty of internet: if you don't like what ya read, click on! :)

WhiteFang
Jan 28, 2003, 08:07 AM
I agree with you guys, but just sit and watch is kinda easy and I'm sure there are things we can do about it... I hoped by just pointing it out, people would start thinking and do whatever they want with this information...
And maybe there are more worseforums, but I don't come there. I do come here...

VelKa
Jan 28, 2003, 08:18 AM
I left in July and stayed away for several months. Then I came back. I'm basically only lingering here to enhance the blatant sarcasm of my DM clanmates' posts (namely EvilMike), seeing that most of my friends here are gone. I could leave the JCF and never come back, and it probably wouldn't bother me much. Although yeah, I still have one friend here left. So once he leaves I'm outta here.

Yeah, the JCF atmosphere is bad. Nothing we can do about it, though. Maybe it will get better once people start being nicer and less biased, and when they begin getting along. ;-P

KRSplat
Jan 28, 2003, 09:01 AM
Maybe it will get better once the human race is destroyed by its own stupidity. That would solve a lot of problems.

Humans are just that way. This world has a bad atmosphere. People are scared, so they kill each other. Look at... um, nevermind. That's off-topic. I was about to discuss politics. Oops. :/

Trafton
Jan 28, 2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by KRSplat
Maybe it will get better once the human race is destroyed by its own stupidity. That would solve a lot of problems.

Humans are just that way. This world has a bad atmosphere. People are scared, so they kill each other. Look at... um, nevermind. That's off-topic. I was about to discuss politics. Oops. :/
Indeed, the world is full of bad atmosphere. Nothing can be done to make this atmosphere better beyond doing your personal best to respect other people.

Tik
Jan 28, 2003, 02:51 PM
If you visit #jj2 enough, the "abuse of power" isn't bad at all...we just like to mess with the n00bs. That is unless we're all becoming drug addict/alcoholics/pimps/hate mongers.

Trafton
Jan 28, 2003, 02:56 PM
#jj2 is a place where no one thinks before they type. There is abuse of power, there is personal attacking, and a lot of that is because there are absolutely no rules other than:

1) No scripts, except for AutoVoice..
2) If you are new, or even if you aren't, prepare to be annoyed, except for AutoVoice.
3) Don't annoy ops, especially AutoVoice.

Like with the JCF, if you feel uncomfortable there, just go elsewhere. #jcstalk is less active but more strictly moderated, while #jj2 is more active but less strictly moderated. The best atmosphere balance, however, I've found is on Jazz 2. The majoraty of people on JJ2 are fairly kindhearted and won't attack you, and those who do are generally frowned upon. So play more Jazz. ;P

Tubz
Jan 28, 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Trafton
<strike>THIS SHOULD BE IN FORUM QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK! BAN!</strike> ;)

But anyway, I have to agree. I've seen many cases that people seem to be deliberately annoying the administrators ("gee, I hope Derby doesn't edit this message!") and I think they deserve more respect than that. After all, they take time to edit the messages...and people provide more work for them to do intentionally. Funny how that works.

If people just stopped swearing and started thinking before they posted, I think that the JCF would have a better atmosphere. The Cobra/Gummibear topic was just a joke, but people got pretty offended at the idea that they were homosexual...I don't like seeing people attacking others like that on the JCF. It just shouldn't be like that.

Anyways, I agree fully.

It wasn't funny, indeed. And if it is a joke it belongs in the Comedy Cafe. For one thing i'm still angry at the fact people can't get it straight between Comedy Cafe and Miscellaneous Stuff.

Tubz
Jan 28, 2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Trafton
#jj2 is a place where no one thinks before they type. There is abuse of power, there is personal attacking, and a lot of that is because there are absolutely no rules other than:

1) No scripts, except for AutoVoice.
2) No one is God, except for AutoVoice.
3) If you are new, or even if you aren't, prepare to be annoyed, except for AutoVoice.
4) Don't annoy ops, especially AutoVoice.

Like with the JCF, if you feel uncomfortable there, just go elsewhere. #jcstalk is less active but more strictly moderated, while #jj2 is more active but less strictly moderated. The best atmosphere balance, however, I've found is on Jazz 2. The majoraty of people on JJ2 are fairly kindhearted and won't attack you, and those who do are generally frowned upon. So play more Jazz. ;P

HAHAHA, yeah right Trafton that place is not cool. Man but I am proud to get kicked about 30 times in 10 minutes :) And i got banned occasionally that ticked me off.

Trafton
Jan 28, 2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
It wasn't funny, Trafton. And if it is a joke it belongs in the Comedy Cafe. For one thing i'm still angry at the fact people can't get it straight between Comedy Cafe and Miscellaneous Stuff. Lik
There really is very little of a difference between Comedy Cafe. Some things are obviously supposed to be comedic, while others sort of unintentionally become so. I did not find the Cobra/Gummi joke at all funny, nor do I think it would make sense in Comedy Cafe. There isn't really a guideline to seperate Comedy Cafe from Miscellaneous Stuff, other than that there are some threads that obviously are not funny at all and are not intended to be so. Generally, I define Comedy Cafe threads as any thread that is, or tries to be, funny. But even that definition is very sketchy. I never said it was funny.

Tubz
Jan 28, 2003, 04:19 PM
Ok sorry about that Trafton. Anyway I go to Misc. Stuff to read normal everyday topics, not comedy! I don't expect to see it either, that's the reason why there are different forums.

WhiteFang
Jan 29, 2003, 09:41 AM
Trafton, do you know you read my mind all the time? :)

And just sit back and see getting things worse is the easiest way to deal with things, but if that is what you guys want, just go ahead...

Fawriel
Jan 29, 2003, 09:50 AM
Dude...there's only one forum in this world that's better than this one...and that's the Side7 Graffiti Wall!:D
We're all a tight and happy family of artists there,hehe!:p

But now to the topic.
The atmosphere here is AMAZING if you look at others.
I have once posted a thread in the Deviant Art forums to introduce me...
Alas,almost every single reply I got (the first and second one,then I posted a reply to defend myself) was an insult against me!
And that only cos I mentioned I draw furry art....
ANd cos I write some stuff in caps...
This is heaven compared to that bunch of (\{-|)'s!

Radium
Jan 29, 2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
HAHAHA, yeah right Trafton that place is not cool. Man but I am proud to get kicked about 30 times in 10 minutes :) And i got banned occasionally that ticked me off.
The place is still cool, the kicking was just because nobody liked you.

Tubz
Jan 29, 2003, 03:07 PM
Man, Radium edit that post! Ha, Radium you just proved the point of this topic! :p

Actually, don't judge! It's because I used to flame people, and that's why. I still get kicked but this time for no reason at all.

Blackraptor
Jan 29, 2003, 03:59 PM
Yes, i help the atmosphere, exept if you think lasering someone because they (made me mad), occasionally spamming and making useless posts, sometimes flaming<s>Xion</s>, being a drug addict, having drank alchohol a few times and finally influencing others to respect me. Im so friendly and helpful arent I?

Derby: Content replacement.