PDA

View Full Version : It's ME, It's ME... I mean Emmgee: I'm in 3D, come click and see!

Batty Buddy
Jan 28, 2003, 09:16 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Just when I'd never get back to doing 3D renderings:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=243912
I actually made a three dimentional version of (one of) my altur ego(s): Emmgee(His name is how you pronounce my first and last initials.)
I really don't look too much like Emmgee, but he's kind of how I see myself when I'm NOT looking in a mirror.
All I can say is, hair is REALLY HARD to render- even if it intentionally DOESN'T look realistic. Also, please excuse the right arm's sleeve, I nearly drove myself crazy trying to make it look better.

Captain Spam
Jan 28, 2003, 11:23 PM
<small>PNG, my friend. PNG. :-)</small>

Very cool. Good 3D representation of a 2D character. I think you did a fairly good job on the hair, really.

Kaz
Jan 29, 2003, 05:47 AM
Awesome, the sleeves look fine to me.

Batty Buddy
Jan 29, 2003, 07:29 AM
Que Passa!!!!

(Don't worry, I'll get arround to PNG's... I just can't post them on Side 7.)

Actually, I forgot to mention one part that needs to be said: The rain drops are all horizontal to each other and on the same plane of space... fortunatly, that makes it look better when it's seen from the perspective angle, but if you saw it from the front or side angle, it would look like the raindrops desided to do some kind of aeriobatic ballet.

...There, NOW my conscience is clear.

Unciaa
Jan 30, 2003, 04:10 AM
Hee, that's cool. The 8-bit palette actually gives it an "old DOS game" feel. :p