PDA

View Full Version : photography rules drawing and writing. so nyah.

FreeLance
Feb 2, 2003, 12:24 PM
i don't know if i've posted any of my photography here or not, but here's some of my newer stuff...

boat... (sheepdweeb.hypermart.net/ricket.jpg)

pulled out all the colours except the blue line (sheepdweeb.hypermart.net/recoloured.jpg)

another boat...named melody. (sheepdweeb.hypermart.net/ricketty.jpg)

Radium
Feb 2, 2003, 01:01 PM
Drawing's better, because you can only photograph things that exist.

FreeLance
Feb 2, 2003, 01:07 PM
which is why it's better - it keeps things realistic. and at the same time show things that some people never get to see, or things that can only be seen at certain times.

Fawriel
Feb 2, 2003, 01:27 PM
*agrees with Radium*

Reality sucks.Bleh.

FreeLance
Feb 2, 2003, 01:43 PM
i could get philosophical about how reality cannot suck, as there is nothing real to compare it to. but i won't.

VelKa
Feb 2, 2003, 03:00 PM
GO FREELANCE! Those pictures are classic. Boats = cool.

Geez, stop saying "REELLITY SUX I HAETS IT LOL OMG LOL OMG LOL OMG LOL", little children. FreeLance has the right to try out photography, and if you guys diss reality, what is he going to think eh?

~velkasha

Radium
Feb 2, 2003, 03:57 PM
He can photograph the Yeti!

FreeLance
Feb 2, 2003, 04:23 PM
actually, i plan on being an investigator of such things as yeti, sasquatch, and the lake monsters common in the great lakes of america and the lochs of scotland ;)

Wild Angel
Feb 2, 2003, 11:13 PM
Sure, reality sucks but why run away from it all your life? Reality is life. Reality is what I'm feeling. Reality is what's making me feel like jumping off a bridge into freezing water feel like a good thing. Reality sucks, yeah. That's been established over and over and over again.

Great shots. I especially like Melody. I don't know why...

`Wildie, the **** philosopher

Batty Buddy
Feb 2, 2003, 11:32 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Only part of reality sucks in my opinion- And that part is... the part that sucks. (I can't really explain it better then that.) The rest of it is beutifull, and I almost feel sorry that none of it lasts.
Nevertheless, I DO like practically all forms of art, and photography is one of them (Believe me, I know- my mom was a really great photographer at one point, and she did some really great shots of pigions, a beach, and my great grandma holding a mug of beer. Also, I'm pretty good myself, but mine only look good if I can find a triangle motiff to base my photos on.)

I like your photos, Freelance, and while I do not really know if any of those famous monsters will ever be photographed(I do believe in them, I just think that they are too evasive for meer mortals to capture.) I wish you luck on your quest.

"If they survive... they're FAIRIES!!! If they don't... I HAVE TENURE!!!"
-Mr. Crocker
Fairly Oddparents

Radium
Feb 3, 2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Wild Angel
Reality is life.

Or is it...?

Nemesis
Feb 4, 2003, 02:07 AM
Very nice photography work. :)

Each medium in art is good for it's own thing. You can't compare painting to photography. And people do what THEY want.

And about "Reality Sucks"... Sure, it does, but you shouldn't live in your little dream world all your life. Because if you can't live in reality, reality will kill you.

FreeLance
Feb 4, 2003, 06:55 AM
very well said, nem. for the record: i was joking about it ruling anything. all arts are equal.

Batty Buddy
Feb 4, 2003, 08:00 AM
Que Passa!!!!

And about "Reality Sucks"... Sure, it does, but you shouldn't live in your little dream world all your life. Because if you can't live in reality, reality will kill you.

This is true: I'm one of the lucky few who can't live in reality and lives to tell about it. I get by solely on facade and isolation.

Nemesis
Feb 4, 2003, 11:32 AM
FreeLance: Yeah, I know. :) I just felt like saying.

Batty: Well, if you can't help that, then you're doing well. You obviously know YOUR way to go through reality, because everyone deals with it differently. Sorry about your condition...

FreeLance
Feb 4, 2003, 11:51 AM
from what i know of autism, there are only few who can function in the real world - and for that, i respect you.

Radium
Feb 4, 2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by FreeLance
from what i know of autism, there are only few who can function in the real world - and for that, i respect you.
I thought it was asperger's (sp?) syndrome?

Batty Buddy
Feb 4, 2003, 01:11 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Aspergers syndrome is a FORM of autism(Much like chicken pox being a form of herpies... if that one South Park eposode was actually correct with that fact.) Unfortunatly, not too many people are into the technical jargen enough to understand what I mean when I say I have the former("I have aspergers." "...Huh?" "It's a form of autism." "Oooooh..."), so I just say that I have the latter to avoid having to repeat the same thing over and over. It's all the same thing.

And my particular condition is not bad enough for people to want to help me (Like with autism poster boys sutch as in the movie "Rainman") but not mild enough for me to fit into modern sociaty(I cannot understand real peoples facial expressions/body language, and I have a hard time concentrating in a room with little noises sutch as a clock ticking or a foot tapping. Also, I am easily destracted by moving objects in my perifferal vision.) My mom personally thinks that aspergers is more along the lines of a privitive caveman thing, allowing me to trigger my fight/flight reflexes faster, and sense danger easier.

... well, now that that's settled, lets get back on track.
/\;)/\

Radium
Feb 4, 2003, 04:36 PM
Caveman? I assume that was meant as a compliment =P.

I thought all forms of autisim resulted in a below average IQ... guess I was wrong. <OH MY GOSH, I WAS WRONG! HOW! HOW CAN IT BE?! NOOOOOOOO! I OWN THIS UNIVERSE, HUMANS! NO, I'M NOT SCITSOFRANIC>

FreeLance
Feb 4, 2003, 04:45 PM
um, from what i have read and learned about autism, in most cases the person is highly intelligent.

in fact, they say that silicon valley has a very high rate of autism, which would explain the computer geeks (reclusive, usually not social, usually delving into fantasy instead of reality).

Radium
Feb 4, 2003, 04:47 PM
Ahk, being normal sucks.

That's why I learned how to use hypnosis!

Wild Angel
Feb 4, 2003, 09:56 PM
I heard this rumor once that concussions gave you a +10 IQ. Then.. I ask myself, why isn't my best friend the next Einstein? *grins*

`Wildie