PDA

View Full Version : Tablet

Kaz
Feb 13, 2003, 02:52 PM
>.>... need a good place to find a good tablet. All suggestions please.

Atmcdragon
Feb 13, 2003, 04:03 PM
Ebay, or just look online.

Nemesis
Feb 13, 2003, 09:38 PM
Most software/hardware stores will have them. Wacom is apparently one of, if not THE best brand of tablet around.

Captain Spam
Feb 14, 2003, 09:03 AM
For me, the extra restriction is I'd want to find one that works under Linux (Mmm... Gimp). Fortunately, most Wacoms fit the bill...

Unciaa
Feb 15, 2003, 04:03 PM
I congratulate all that actually get their tablet working under Linux [and not just be detected]... Quest for the holy Grail that one. ;)

Hare
Feb 20, 2003, 02:23 PM
I got mine at http://www.outpost.com

It is the Hyperpen USB 8000 or something. Just a warning though, Gimp doesn't like this tablet (the tablet won't work right at all when gimp is running). But it works ok with my other programs. Oh, and warning number 2, tablets take time to get used to. Odds are you won't be drawing as good as you do on paper when you start off. (Even Noogy says he is still adjusting to his tablet).

Radium
Feb 20, 2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Hare
Just a warning though, Gimp doesn't like this tablet
I'm sure the tablet dosn't like Gimp either =P.

I got a fairly good tablet at a computer show for about 70 dollars. It's pressure sensitive and sensors detect the pen when it's not touching the tablet to move the cursor. It's a little small though. I still like hand drawing better.