PDA

View Full Version : (Moved) MODPlug Tracker

The Moving Bot!
Jan 1, 1970, 01:00 AM
This topic has been moved to a new location (viewtopic.php?topic=833&forum=1)

Tubz
Jun 5, 2001, 06:06 PM
Now I have the MODPlug Tracker program from www.modplug.com (http://www.modplug.com). So how do I convert the song format to .s3m, .it, .xm or something like that?

Like I would like to convert songs from my Toy Story 2 or Rayman 2 games into MODPlug Player playable songs. I have the newest version of the player.

If anyone can help me that would be nice.

Electric Ir
Jun 5, 2001, 10:37 PM
1. Open the file

2. Save As

3. Choose file type

4. Press 'OK'

5. Enjoy your file

Tubz
Jun 6, 2001, 04:50 PM
Could you please be more specific Electric IR. And plus I can't even tell what file in the game's folder is a music file. Save as?????? There are lots of Save As'

Aiko
Jun 8, 2001, 05:56 AM
Open your sound file (MPT only converts certain formats, mainly WAV, to MOD format, of course), then choose from the menu:

"File/Save As/Impulse Tracker Modules (*.it)"

You could change the "Song Type" to ST3 or Protracker format, but the iT format is prolly the best choice there.

But remember, JJ Tublear, it wont improve my j2o rating if you include a 2 MB large iT file in your levelpack. The other way round, rather!

ElectroPiZZa
Jun 8, 2001, 10:31 PM
Wrong-o, Electric, that won't work, because it's the same exact format, but it just gives it a different extension. Therefore, it isn't converting.

However, if those music files are MODs, simply open the music file, click on the little shiny button in the "General" tab named "change", select your format, and wallah!

Technical notes: If you are trying to convert a format of the higher quality to a lower one, i.e., IT to MOD, for instance, it'll be freaked up. Also, what format are those music files, anyway?

- Piz

Fquist_old
Jun 13, 2001, 08:17 AM
Please keep it jazz-related.