PDA

View Full Version : -Insert Your drawings here-

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 17, 2003, 04:34 PM
Okay. Here we go-- I just spoke to Cobbi, and we made up our minds; The subject ought to be JJ2-Related, since... well, erh, yeah-- this is a JJ2 related forum. (Chortle)

Well-- it should mainly be a Spaz and Lori picture. Arguing over something; you can choose what they're actually fighting over. As in.. an object, or a subject. The idea doesn't sound so interesting; it's up to you to make it interesting. I doubt there should be a contest after the reactions we got in the other topic, so... anyone can try this out, and shtuff. We'll see afterwards! Good luck y'all. *Hugs*

-- Oh, Yes... You guys probably have something like... one or two weeks to do the picture; I'm not sure. We haven't really discussed this yet.

Radium
Feb 17, 2003, 04:39 PM
Yay, I've been pressing the reload button for almost an hour waiting for something to happen. I'll go draw in a little while. One week to complete it sounds better, considering it was called "Weekly drawing practice".

KRSplat
Feb 17, 2003, 05:42 PM
Okay.

I'm torn between computer drawing and hand drawing. I'm better at hand, but I'm too lazy to use a scanner. I guess I'll decide later.

Fawriel
Feb 18, 2003, 10:07 AM
I won't participate this time,sorry...
I have a LOT to do...X_x

Radium
Feb 18, 2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo
I won't participate this time,sorry...
I have a LOT to do...X_x
(-)

Radium, DO NOT SAY THINGS LIKE THIS. You are taking this too far.

Fawriel
Feb 18, 2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Radium
You just know that I'll do better than you.
Actually,that I would have beat you anyways is what makes me hate the fact I'm too busy...................
HECK,I'M IN!!!!!!!}>

Batty Buddy
Feb 18, 2003, 12:56 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Spaz and Lori fighting over something, hmmm? I have an idea for a picture already (Based off of seeing my cousins fight in the past) but I have one question:
Can it be a comic? My idea CAN be pulled off in a single picture, but I first thought it up in comic form.

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 18, 2003, 01:17 PM
Erh-- sure, I guess. As long as it keeps up with the principal subject. ;)

Radium
Feb 18, 2003, 01:23 PM
(-)

Radium, DO NOT SAY THINGS LIKE THIS. You are taking this too far.
You forgot to put Derby: Content edit. Anyway, I was just encouraging Fawriel to participate =P.

KRSplat
Feb 18, 2003, 02:01 PM
It's still disrespectful.

By the way, you have to edit the quote, or else editing the post was a complete waste of time.

Cobra
Feb 18, 2003, 03:20 PM
It wasn't a Derby: context edit.

Now, you heard me. Don't do that. I don't care if it motivates him or not, DO NOT DO THAT.

Captain Spam
Feb 18, 2003, 04:24 PM
Aaaaaand the first thing to draw is something I've got no experience in drawing. Great. :-)

I'll see if I can come up with something, if I can get time to develop an anthropomorphic style...

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 19, 2003, 08:49 AM
Sorry Capt'n-- we just wanted to choose a subject that ... 'concerned' us all. ;D

KRSplat
Feb 19, 2003, 09:58 AM
Do we have to draw it? Or can we use any type of art we want?

:p

Radium
Feb 19, 2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by KRSplat

No, You can't write a song about Spaz and Lori arguing.

Fawriel
Feb 19, 2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by KRSplat

It would be impossible to compare the submissions with each other,should this turn into a contest,if we all used a different type of art...

Batty Buddy
Feb 19, 2003, 10:34 AM
Que Passa!!!!

No, You can't write a song about Spaz and Lori arguing.

(Sung to the tune of "Ol' McDonald)

Spaz and Lori had a fight.
E-I-E-I-O
Both argued that they were right
E-I-E-I-O
There were some words, you should not hear,
Here a punch, there a punch, Everywhere a punch-punch.
The whole thing lasted all night
E-I-E-I-O...
(Sorry, I could not resist.)

Fawriel
Feb 19, 2003, 10:46 AM
You won,Batty!:D

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 19, 2003, 02:12 PM
Any kind of art-- as long as it's graphical. Either hand-drawn or mouse-drawn, or whatever. We need a picture of it, though.

(Or you can always use Playdoe(sp?)... whatever you want. As long as there's a picture. ;B)

Radium
Feb 19, 2003, 02:24 PM
Can I steal my neighbors pet rabbits, dye them red and yellow, and see if I can get them to fight while I videotape it?

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 19, 2003, 04:29 PM
Yes. ;p

Batty Buddy
Feb 19, 2003, 04:31 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Can I steal my neighbors pet rabbits, dye them red and yellow, and see if I can get them to fight while I videotape it?

Can I sell back stage passes to the live showing of the event?

Radium
Feb 19, 2003, 04:32 PM
Can I tie knives to their paws to make it more interesting?

Captain Spam
Feb 19, 2003, 04:40 PM
ASCIIart. Need pure ASCIIart. And I <b>don't</b> mean just running a pic through a pic-to-ASCII program. I mean pure, line-based ASCIIart goodness. :-)

Radium
Feb 19, 2003, 05:31 PM
You're kidding, right?

Kaz
Feb 19, 2003, 06:58 PM
LMBO AT BATTY.

ASCII art... hmm

>.> You do realize that spaz and lori are complex to draw. Oh well, I'll try and try to get a scanner, but get something more simplistic and universal since most of the art that goes around here isn't jazz related anyways.

Derby: Acronym edit.

Captain Spam
Feb 19, 2003, 09:15 PM
Radium: Ah, but if only you knew the power of ASCIIart... :-)

Granted, my ASCII-fu is not strong at all. Ah, well.

Fawriel
Feb 20, 2003, 07:12 AM
Hey.....are there any rules on submitting the levels?
Send them to you via e-mail,
give you the link via PM
or simply upload'm and then post the link here as soon as we're finished?

FreeLance
Feb 20, 2003, 07:28 AM
what would be cool is if someone made a screenshot of lori and spaz on jazz. that'd be cool.
it would be cool.

Noogy
Feb 20, 2003, 09:36 AM
Sounds fun, wish I had more time :p

Fawriel
Feb 20, 2003, 09:38 AM
:eek:

*is stomped by a giant foot before he is able to make an attempt to run after Noogy screaming hysterically*

Radium
Feb 20, 2003, 09:49 AM
Noogy... try to ignore Piccolo. It's for your own good.

Fawriel
Feb 20, 2003, 09:50 AM
Not that he'd listen to YOU!;)
I'm simply trying to keep a running gag alive...:p

Radium
Feb 20, 2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Noogy
Sounds fun, wish I had more time :p
I found that a good way to get more time is to skip pointless activities like eating and sleeping. Sleeping, hah, that's what caffeine is for!

Batty Buddy
Feb 20, 2003, 10:30 AM
Que Passa!!!!

ME NO NEED SLEEEEP....

(((0)_(0))))
(Side note: Comics going well, despite my difficulties with drawing Lori in Paint- Scanner acting up again, don't ya know? Just needs backgrounds...)

Radium
Feb 20, 2003, 10:57 AM
Poor paint user...

Radium
Feb 20, 2003, 11:03 AM
I know! I could start a fundraiser to buy everyone in the world a copy of Paint Shop Pro!

Batty Buddy
Feb 20, 2003, 11:12 AM
Que Passa!!!!

I know! I could start a fundraiser to buy everyone in the world a copy of Paint Shop Pro!

And your campaign can be backed up by commercials of people wearing hooded cloaks singing the following:

"I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony,
I'd like to buy the world Paint Shop Pro,
And keep it company..."

...And then Coke lawyers come in and beat them with rolled up lawsuit papers...

Seriously though, don't weep for me: Paint CAN be used to make wonderful things if in the hands of a proffessional. It just takes longer than any other medium.

Radium
Feb 20, 2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
And your campaign can be backed up by commercials of people wearing hooded cloaks singing the following:
"I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony,
I'd like to buy the world Paint Shop Pro,
And keep it company..."
...And then Coke lawyers come in and beat them with rolled up lawsuit papers...
http://www.foxmage.com/DieLaw.gif

Batty Buddy
Feb 20, 2003, 01:35 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Gotta hand it to you, Radium: That had to be the single most satisfying picture I've seen in my life... /\:D/\

Tik
Feb 20, 2003, 02:15 PM
Less talk, more draw, people =P

I page this claim in order to further society. See? I'm so nice.

Blackraptor
Feb 20, 2003, 04:14 PM

Yeah, that gave me and idea. Make Spaz and Lori argue about who gets to assasinate the lawyer first! (To bad i only have MSpaint.....)

Radium
Feb 20, 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Blackraptor
Yeah, that gave me and idea. Make Spaz and Lori argue about who gets to assasinate the lawyer first! (To bad i only have MSpaint.....)
Batty uses MSPaint. Ha, now you can't blame it on your cruddy software.

Oh, and Blackraptor, you sig states that everything is greater than pulgatory...

Blackraptor
Feb 20, 2003, 05:21 PM
Yeah so?

Fine ill try using MsPaint, you are now warned.

Batty Buddy
Feb 20, 2003, 07:19 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Done:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=249066 Here's the link if you want to post a comment,
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.side7.com//art/martgray/WAR.GIF And here's the pic, for those of you who don't want to venture into side 7 just to see it.

And good luck to all who follow me.
(Please note: the comic came out with a bit of a "Calvin and Hobbes"ish flavor. Also, when I mentioned my cousins: I didn't want to say anything there, as they might just read it, but I honestly believe that if those two HAD access to plasma rifles, they WOULD use them in a fight for the remote. Thank God for small favors, I guess.)

Oh, and the "Great Hero" Spaz is talking about in panel 2: He's quoting Roger Rabbit.

Captain Spam
Feb 20, 2003, 09:11 PM
"'Where's the fun in THAT?' I respond, smugly." Very nice, Batty. You have strong MS Paint-Fu. :-)

Though I thought Spaz was the youngest of the three...

Wild Angel
Feb 21, 2003, 01:05 AM
*wonders what they're suppose to be drawing now*

I claim whatever isn't cartoonish drawing. Me? I suck at cartoons. Think stick-figures. I'm sure lots of you would enjoy seeing me draw bloody stick figures. ;p

`Wildie

Radium
Feb 21, 2003, 05:17 AM
What I can't figure out is why Paint uses error diffusion dithering on gif images with only about 20 colors.

Batty Buddy
Feb 21, 2003, 07:18 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Though I thought Spaz was the youngest of the three...

I can not remember exactly where I read it, I think somewhere on JMMB, but someone DID confurm that Spaz is the middle child. I've kept it in that order ever since.
(I guess the main reason Spaz is occationally thought of as the youngest is because of his... unique personallity.)

And, Wildie- don't fret about stick figures. We all do them on occation.

Fawriel
Feb 21, 2003, 07:39 AM
My vote's on you if there's a contest,Batty!:D
That comic is **** funny!:p

Radium
Feb 21, 2003, 11:44 AM
...People are willing to go to war just because <i>someone</i> is too lazy to get up and change the channel the old fasion way...?

Batty Buddy
Feb 21, 2003, 12:43 PM
Que Passa!!!!

...People are willing to go to war just because <i>someone</i> is too lazy to get up and change the channel the old fasion way...?

Yes. Your point?
(Remember, this is inspired by observations of my cousins behavior, and when one of them DOES change it the old fasion way, the one with the remote automatically changes it back. In fact, I'm surprised that they haven't killed each other already.)

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 21, 2003, 03:25 PM
Ooh.. Awesome, Batty. :D

*Hugs tightly* I love it. ;P

Batty Buddy
Feb 23, 2003, 11:50 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Um... I don't mean to be rude, and I really DO appreciate the complements, but, since the deadline is kind of close...
Am I the only one who did the picture? /\:(/\
(I'm mostly eager to see other people's pictures.)

Fawriel
Feb 23, 2003, 11:53 AM
Busy,busy,busy,busy,busy,busy,Busy,busy,busy,busy, busy,busy,Busy,busy,busy,busy,busy,busy,Busy,busy, busy,busy,busy,busy,BUSY! X_x;;;;;;;;;

Sowwy,Batty,but I dun think I'll be able to get it in time...this night won't work either cos I've gotta finish one or two birthday pictures for tomorrow this night...

Radium
Feb 23, 2003, 12:09 PM
(PA)

Derby: Personal attack removal, subwarning attached. Refrain from repeating this offense.

Fawriel
Feb 23, 2003, 12:12 PM
Radium,stop it!
You're going too far!

Radium
Feb 23, 2003, 12:18 PM
Yay, I got a warning.

Wild Angel
Feb 23, 2003, 12:31 PM
*tosses dyed hair and hisses* Knock it off, all of you. This isn't a competition, this is art. Now, shut up and act your ages.

`Wildie

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 23, 2003, 02:18 PM
*Pets Wildie*

I think we'll give a little more time, or something... Don't worry, Batty. ;D

Wild Angel
Feb 26, 2003, 12:16 AM
[the sound of crickets chirping overwhelms the topic]

Batty Buddy
Feb 26, 2003, 07:30 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Um... If nobody else makes a picture, can I choose the next topic?
(I just had a good idea for one that SHOULD be possable and acceptable for everybody.)

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 26, 2003, 08:19 AM
Sure thing, Batty.. since you're the first that actually drew a picture.. ;)

(There will be more.. right?)

Batty Buddy
Feb 26, 2003, 12:56 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Since we are hopping more people will draw the Lori/Spaz fighting picture, I'm going to start mine in a new thread.

... See ya'll there...

Spotinik
Feb 27, 2003, 10:07 AM
hm. since I need to draw something at teh moment, I think I'll draw a Lori/Spaz fighting pic .. o.0 I drew it already...but it needs inking and coloring..Xb -lazy to ink-

Spotinik
Feb 27, 2003, 01:09 PM
bleck, finished...o_o;
here's da url..(if you want to comment, you have to be a deviant at least to comment....yeah, didn't bother to upload this at side 7, uploading takes AGES there...o_0)
http://www.deviantart.com/view/1388577

and for those of you who don't want to view the pic since deviantart is slow..there:

http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/anthro/Spaz-Lori_Fighting_Picture.jpg

anyways, if you don't know on what Spaz and Lori are arguing over, well, they are arguing over who made a big hole in the roof....and btw, don't ask me why Spaz is wearing a belt in this..I don't have any idea where it came from..:eek:

Batty Buddy
Feb 27, 2003, 01:14 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Coolness. I like the visual effects.
(Bout time someone other then myself contributed. /\:roll:/\)

Radium
Feb 27, 2003, 02:29 PM
Coolness. I like the visual effects.
(Bout time someone other then myself contributed. /\:roll:/\)
I'll do it later, really, I will.

Funny how Spaz and Lori both resemble Rayman in Dal's picture =P.

GuMmYBeAr!
Feb 27, 2003, 02:48 PM
Cool. :o

Kaz
Feb 27, 2003, 08:04 PM
Batty's is funny.
Dal's has excellent... somewhat gaudy... lighting and style.

and I would post, but I have no skills in rabbits.

heh, still laughing at Batty's,

of course there will be more, hopefully more flexible ones.

And Radium, quit pushing it, Batty has great Paint skills that no photoshop plugins can top.

Batty Buddy
Feb 27, 2003, 09:40 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Actually, I think Radiums just being so nitpicky for shock value. Just ignore him.

"Attagirl, Secret: Maybe he just needs some affection..."
(SMASH!)
"...Maybe he needs a hug..."
(BASH!)
"...Maybe he's got a thorn in his paw..."
(Sound of a squirrel in drag being thrown through a brick wall.)
"Maybe he's just A JERK!"
-Conversation between Secret Squirrel and Morocco Mole
Secret Squirrel.

Radium
Feb 28, 2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
And Radium, quit pushing it, Batty has great Paint skills that no photoshop plugins can top.
THAT WAS A DARE! I'LL SHOW YOU! *runs off to draw*

Captain Spam
Feb 28, 2003, 04:40 PM
Funny how Spaz and Lori both resemble Rayman in Dal's picture =P.

But they have limbs... :-)

Curious coloring style, Dal. Not bad at all. Though I think Spaz is supposed to be a bit shorter than Lori... :-)

Radium
Feb 28, 2003, 05:34 PM
"Attagirl, Secret: Maybe he just needs some affection..."
Secret Squirrel was a girl?

Batty Buddy
Feb 28, 2003, 06:04 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Actually, Secret was/is NOT a girl, however, in that particular scene, he was trying to take on an evil endangered panda named Won Ton(WITHOUT hurting him, since it's illegal to hurt an endangered species.) and Morocco suggested that Won Ton might just need a girlfreind...

...Hence, Secret dressing up as a female panda(Didn't really look all that good, and as you can guess, it didn't work.). Morocco then makes the "Attagirl" crack.

Radium
Feb 28, 2003, 06:21 PM
This is one of those times quoting out of context fun =P.