PDA

View Full Version : Tilesets gone bad

Fear
Jun 6, 2001, 08:35 AM
Im not sure if someone has posted this before, but still.

Some tilesets cause acces violations in jazz when building levels of a big size. A few examples are: Tomb rabbit, Inferno night.

How do I fix this, because I had to divide several levels in half because of it, and making one big level is better than 2 very shot levels.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jun 6, 2001, 12:01 PM
It has to deal with the amount of RAM JJ2 uses. The tileset size, music size, level size all add up. If it gets too high errors will occur.

Tubz
Jun 9, 2001, 10:00 AM
I don't know. But every time I try to play one of Violet CLMs levels except Windy Tests 2 in Single Player JJ2 everytime I save and then load the game I get an Access Violation.

nitronao
Jun 16, 2001, 11:41 AM
I have had this happen once before when building a (whoa nelly) 1000x1000 level.

(I didnt get too far http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

The size of level you can run depends on, as it has been said already, your RAM.

One of my friends tried to play a rather big level on his old 133 and it came up with that error. I then tried the same level on my 350 and it worked fine. (I stuck in the proc. speed to show the age of the PC and I also thing the speed has a minor factor too)