PDA

View Full Version : Alone by the lake

Captain Spam
Feb 21, 2003, 01:22 PM
Hey. I've got meself another full-page full-color pic, and THIS time, it's got a background and everything! Best one I've got yet!

This one's at least a bit more moody than my normal lot of pics. It's Phinn from <a href="http://dementia.keenspace.com">my webcomic</a>, sitting by a moonlit lake. Complete with shadows, a dark moonlit hue to the whole thing, reflections, and, well, here, just take a look:

<a href="http://exclaimindustries.net/~captainspam/DoM/DoMPhinnLake.png" target="_new">http://exclaimindustries.net/~captainspam/DoM/DoMPhinnLake.png</a>

Mad propz to Nemesis and MarsDragon (you don't know her) for helping out with getting all the effects right!

Whadya think, sirs?

Radium
Feb 21, 2003, 01:29 PM
Very good looking, and nice shading and reflections. The moon looks somewhat like a glowing potato, though.

Batty Buddy
Feb 21, 2003, 01:29 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Looks kind of melencholy(Not sure if I spelled that right...), but all around a really cool effect!

Captain Spam
Feb 22, 2003, 02:43 PM
Glad everyone likes. Took me bloody long enough...

Radium: Yeah. And? :-) I didn't want to make the moon a perfect circle thing, so I made it a bit oddly-shaped. Potato-like.

Batty: Melancholy, yeah, that's the word I was looking for. I dunno, something more like a darkish sorta emotional pic or something like that.

Radium
Feb 22, 2003, 02:53 PM
Yes, but even a moon in it's gibbous phase has one round side.
Unless, of course, there are multiple earths... Yesssss... that's where the chanel changer always goes! And we never noticed it because... it's... camoflage!

Captain Spam
Feb 22, 2003, 02:55 PM
Well, there's also the fact I'm not perfect at drawing moons... :-)

Radium
Feb 22, 2003, 03:00 PM
It's not that complicated; if it's difficult you can just trace something round and erase off a sliver =P.

Tik
Feb 22, 2003, 03:09 PM
I like it. It's got that moody seriousness to it but at the same time has a cartoon-ish flavor.

And who says the moon can't be shaped like a potatoe? This is art...you are allowed to do anything you want.

Batty Buddy
Feb 23, 2003, 01:02 PM
Que Passa!!!!

If moon was potato, me think me would be
Happiest Batty, you ever see
Me put on a spacesuit, and up through the night
Me ride in a rocket to go take a bite
Me take bite from here, me take bite from there
And pretty soon, me bite everywhere
Me eat with both hands, no need fork or spoon
Me chew it all up, until there's no moon...
If moon was potato, it wouldn't be fine,
Because if me ate it, then it wouldn't shine
Me go to the window and look up at night
But no little moon beams would give me their light
So me not want to say it, but apparently so,
It lucky the mooooon is noooooot
A potato...
(Apologies to Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Cookie Monster)

Me like Potato moon. Look tasty... One time, thanks to a group of clouds, I saw a moon that looked kind of like an acorn...

Radium
Feb 23, 2003, 01:05 PM
I always liked mashed potatos more.

Captain Spam
Feb 23, 2003, 02:51 PM
Y'know, Batty, that song DOES put a different spin on the old movie title "Paper Moon"... :-)

Iam Canadian
Feb 23, 2003, 02:57 PM
There is no moon! It IS a flying glowing potato! And...the pic's pretty good. Kinda a nice mixture of cartoonishness and emotion.

Ducky
Feb 25, 2003, 12:17 PM
Spammie! That is SO cool. Wow.

ShadowGPW
Feb 26, 2003, 01:29 AM
Spam's Style is like no other human!

Captain Spam
Feb 26, 2003, 01:32 AM
But what about fish?

ShadowGPW
Feb 26, 2003, 01:36 AM
:confused: Fish? well.. eh... i dunno, perhaps yer an evil EndUser or Captain CopyPaste man

Captain Spam
Feb 26, 2003, 01:38 AM
Well, I know the bluegill can make a pretty wicked rendition of Picasso's <i>Persistence of Memory</i>... :-)

Glad ye like it, Shad!

<small>/me goes back up a few posts... Or was that "Paper <b>Tiger</b>"? Hm...</small>

defalcon
Feb 26, 2003, 02:43 AM
It's cool. Looks all atmospheric but it's still cartoony. :) I like the reflection.

Shadow, what's with the Cardcaptor picture in your sig? o.O

ShadowGPW
Feb 26, 2003, 03:38 AM
Oh you mean that little sakura? Well just wanted a small inocent anime girl in my signature. She look cool :)

C.S.: yer welcome :D

Captain Spam
Feb 26, 2003, 05:05 AM
Oh, before I forget... glad ye both like it, Ducky and defalcon. :-)

I'm actually proud of this one...