PDA

View Full Version : The first Aero Fanart I'm willing to post. I may be his best fan, first and formost.

Batty Buddy
Feb 23, 2003, 12:39 PM
Que Passa!!!!

(I think I may be turning into an unofficial #1 fan...)

I've been doing Aero the Acrobat fan art for quite some time now(Mostly sketches that aren't really finished pictures.). I just wanted to post this picture here because,
A) It's my third Aero the Acrobat fan picture, and the number 3 is my lucky number(It's just a superstition, but it's one that seems to follow me.).
B) It's the first time I've ever drawn an Aero badguy, except for Zero, and he doesn't really look all that different from Aero himself.
C) Aw heck, I figured one of these times I'd have to show some of my Aero fan art, and I think that this one is cool, so this is the time that I throw caution to the wind and risk ridicule for your opinions.

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=249700

For those who don't know about it(I.E. probably all of you), Aero is a videogame starring a bat named Aero who has to save the world of amusment(AND the circus he happens to work for as it's star preformer.) from an evil industrealist named "Edger Ector", and his sidekick, Aero's rival: Zero the Kamikazee squirrel (A flying squirrel who is a ninja, and seems to have a nack for inventing stuff.). I've been a fan of the game ever since I played it, and in fact, I have designed a fan character (Nero the "Fair-et"... He's a ferret if you didn't get the pun.), and came up with a few ideas for more Aero games.

(P.S. My favorite Aero image that I have ever drawn is still this one: http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=234167 but it's kind of old, so I'm not sure who's seen it or not...)

Radium
Feb 23, 2003, 12:45 PM
Side7's unstable loading speed is provoking me to destroy something...

Batty Buddy
Feb 23, 2003, 03:42 PM
Que Passa!!!!

"When they start to drop the bombies,
I can't help but feel some qualmies,
Aint no secret: even commies
Have such things as dads and mommys."
-Opus the Penguin
Bloom County.

HEY, Joseph Stalin made a comment...
/\:D/\
(Too bad he didn't realise that I don't think Communism is evil... Remember Jorwell?)

"You forget, I have to support an entire community: This here's just a minimum requirement."
-Jorwell Phox
Snooze and Mat.

Iam Canadian
Feb 23, 2003, 06:02 PM
"This capitalism thing is just a phase. Communism will soon return to mother Russia!" ~Ran, Bob and George

^^^
Random communism quote.

Good art. I DON'T know who Aero is, but, I'm becoming more interested in trying an Aero bar by the minute. Mmmmm...Aero... wait, did I just say that?

Kaz
Feb 23, 2003, 07:17 PM
nice, need a bit of shading, but that's just my biased opinion.

Captain Spam
Feb 24, 2003, 05:56 PM
Ah, Aero the Acrobat. Yes, we had the first game on the SNES. Crazy game, as I recall. Got bloody hard near the end. Of course, the main bits I recall were the drill attack thing and working hard to bulk up on extra lives near the beginning so I could make it to the end... :-)

Yep, that looks like Aero's smug, somewhat overconfident self. :-) Not bad of an action pic, that second one. The cartoony look fits him well, really.

Now try to draw him in his wacky midair drill attack. :-)

Batty Buddy
Feb 25, 2003, 07:32 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Ah Cahn't wurk miricles coptain...
(heh heh... Just kidding...)
Actually, I am trying to draw Aero doing his drill attack, but it's kind of hard, as the animations in said game are rather fast(The drill attack involves Aero spinning like a turbine while sticking his fist streight out in front of him, and flying at a 45-degree angle. It acts as both an attack, and a double-jump.), and whenever I draw fanart, I oftain need a picture of the subject matter right in front of me to make sure I'm getting it right(Otherwise, I tend to draw the body proportians wrong.).

I AM glad to hear that someone has played the game, however, and realises just how difficult the last bunch of levels are. (I HATE that climbing laser in the final boss level. It claimed many a life from me.) And in case anyone is wondering, I DO have several pics of my fan character: Nero, but I haven't uploaded any yet(Mostly because... well, in coming up with a hairstyle for him, I made the top part of his head look kind of like some species of tropical fish... Needless to say, unique hairstyles are not my cup of tea.).

Batty Buddy
Feb 25, 2003, 07:35 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Ok... Final picture before I let the thread die:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=250132
(I actually DID a Drill attack picture with Nero in it... and it's actually hand drawn rather then MS Paint... Fancy that...)