PDA

View Full Version : Insert Your Picture Here(Batty Buddy edition.)

Batty Buddy
Feb 26, 2003, 01:08 PM
Que Passa!!!!

(Yes, it doesn't rhyme, but it's meerly a new thread for the Insert your picture here stuff.)

Ok, if you've read the last couple of posts in the "Insert your picture here" thread, you know that I now control the horizontal... I control the verticle... I control what those of you who signed up will draw next. That signpost up ahead: The Batty Buddy zone...

As for what I have desided to make you draw, its simple: a internet-based superhero. Someone capable of stopping crime with a well tossed "Lol" or ":)". Someone who can struggle against low bandwith without even breaking a sweat. Someone armed with more bad internet cliches than should be legally allowed.
For the perpous of including everyone, your hero can be human, animal, furry, or even an inanimate object that happens to be alive(Like a computer wearing a superhero's mask.). If you like, you can also put in a sidekick, or a villian or something...

...Well, toodles, and good luck.

Radium
Feb 26, 2003, 01:56 PM
I'm making it my goal to use a different type of media every time. Since I still plan on drawing something for Gummi's contest (tomorrow), I'll use 3D this time.

Fighting viruses with fists of corn...

It's...

http://www.foxmage.com/CK.png

Fawriel
Feb 27, 2003, 09:05 AM
Aye,capt'n,this is something I much prefer,heehee!:D
But since most of my friends seem to have decided to be born in Fabruary,go figure,I'll have to draw TWO new birthday pics this night AGAIN...O_O;;;;

But heck,after that,I have plenty of time...and something as free as that option is just cool!:D

Monolith
Feb 27, 2003, 09:04 PM
*Almost conciders drawing Captain Spam...*

Captain Spam
Feb 28, 2003, 12:47 AM
Hm. I can do SUPER /dev! Controlling all your Unix-based devices for justice and resources!

Or The Mysterious /proc. Knows all, sees all about your machine.

Eh, I'll give it some thought. :-)

*Fireball*
Mar 3, 2003, 11:36 AM
oh oh oh!!

i have an idea!! *giggles to self; starts drawing*

,,when does this one have to be done, btw?

Batty Buddy
Mar 4, 2003, 07:27 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Actually, since we extended the time for the other one, I guess there isn't any real set time. I WOULD like to see at least some of them before next week, but if you need more time, that's perfectly alright...

(Please note: I'm not doing this, but I did come up with a character if anyone needs insperation- "The Unhackable Code". Think about the Incredible Hulk, only his entire body is made up of Html and Binary.)

Fawriel
Mar 4, 2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
Que Passa!!!!

Actually, since we extended the time for the other one, I guess there isn't any real set time. I WOULD like to see at least some of them before next week, but if you need more time, that's perfectly alright...

(Please note: I'm not doing this, but I did come up with a character if anyone needs insperation- "The Unhackable Code". Think about the Incredible Hulk, only his entire body is made up of Html and Binary.)
DRAW HIM,DRAW HIM,DRAW HIM!:D
I think this is the next large drawing I'm gonna work on....gotta cool idea,meeheehee...:D

Batty Buddy
Mar 4, 2003, 09:58 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Originally posted by Piccolo
DRAW HIM,DRAW HIM,DRAW HIM!:D

I'll see... It might be easier to do him in Rhino(He'd end up looking like those people in the Verb.com commercials who are made up of verbs.)

Radium
Mar 4, 2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
Actually, since we extended the time for the other one, I guess there isn't any real set time. I WOULD like to see at least some of them before next week,
I already made mine; and corn has plenty to do with the internet.

*Fireball*
Mar 5, 2003, 05:58 AM
wasnt that cornBREAD?,,

Radium
Mar 5, 2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by *Fireball*
wasnt that cornBREAD?,,
What do ya think cornbread's made of? Cheese?

Batty Buddy
Mar 5, 2003, 11:41 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Originally posted by Radium
What do ya think cornbread's made of? Cheese?

... Sooo... THAT'S why my recipe for cornbread went horribly wrong... Mental note: No cheese in cornbread.

(By the way, the corn joke is not really all that universal in internet talk, as far as I know. The cornbread vs. gingerbread thing was pretty much only around HERE. However, I WILL allow it.)

Batty Buddy
Mar 10, 2003, 08:24 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Because Piccolo requested it:

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=252804

Radium
May 2, 2003, 04:53 PM
Er... sorry for reviving this topic, but did the weekly drawing thing die off? Since I was the only person (besides Batty) to participate in this one, do I get to make another thread?

Extra entry:

http://www.foxmage.com/Illeg.gif

Hare
May 2, 2003, 05:50 PM
Aha! Your super hero is a fraud, for you see, he is saved as a gif file, not a Jpeg... er yeah, I have nothing better to do than to check the format of you picture, why do you ask?:p

By the way, jpegs only look trashy when they are really compressed. Anyways, gif files are only 256 colors.

Radium
May 2, 2003, 05:54 PM
I'll take color loss over pixilated blurring any day. JPGs remind me of writing on wet paper with a washable marker.

Hare
May 2, 2003, 05:56 PM
That is only if you have the compression set to high.

Radium
May 2, 2003, 05:58 PM
Can't we just all agree with PNG?

Hare
May 2, 2003, 06:04 PM
hmm... I've never tried that one before.

Captain Spam
May 3, 2003, 03:44 AM
PNG yummy. Lossless compression. Multiple color modes (up to good ol' 16 million colors). Alpha layer capability. Yummy indeed. :-)

Radium
May 3, 2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Captain Spam
PNG yummy. Lossless compression. Multiple color modes (up to good ol' 16 million colors). Alpha layer capability. Yummy indeed. :-)
*hides his PNG files from the hungry Captain Spam*

Batty Buddy
May 4, 2003, 10:43 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Yes, I think Radium desurves to deside on the next one. I liked this thing and want to do more.

And PNG all the way.