PDA

View Full Version : Quasar Quail, he's got 'em on the run, cause life is so much better with a lazer gun.

Batty Buddy
Mar 1, 2003, 09:14 AM
Que Passa!!!!

HEY, Meet an old pal of mine I brought back from the depths of my imagination:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=250807

Back in my middleschool days, I had superhero fever: I was creating them left and right. Most were kind of Flash Gorden/Spaceman Spiff/Earthworm Jim space ace types and a lot of them were pretty weird. Quasar Quail is one that I still refer to on occation(I even came up with a theme song for him, one of the verses is the rhyme for the topic.), and in fact: Mat Batty(From Snooze and Mat) draws his comic adventures as kind of a running gag.(It's kind of strange when your own creations have a more dramatic artstyle then you.)

(P.s. Yes, I DO know that Quails have the little identifiable feather at the front of their head, but I didn't know that when I was 13, and it kind of stuck that way. Just pretend that he has a receiding feather line.)

Captain Spam
Mar 1, 2003, 03:56 PM
Hm... definately looks more Earthworm Jim-like than Spaceman Spiff. Especially from the gun.

Neat pic, though. Action-packed quail adventures against small inoffensive flies! :-)

Xion
Mar 1, 2003, 03:57 PM
If Daisy Duck and Jazz Jackrabbit had a kid. :p

Fawriel
Mar 2, 2003, 08:43 AM
Haahaahaa,this is cool...he looks really fierce,much unlike your normal style...o_o;;
But that's cool!:D
Your fierce is cool!;)
Poor fly....:p

Batty Buddy
Mar 2, 2003, 11:49 AM
Que Passa!!!!

About the style: There's kind of a story to it, Back in those days due to my ordinary style being so simplistic(I just feel simplistic can reach more people... Well, that and I like drawing that way.) quite a few of my classmates, both freinds and enemies, were doing little doodles of some of my characters, Particularly Weasle the fox, Xit the gargoyal, and Hudenboti the Cyderbaass (No, it's not in the dictionary: it's an imaginary creature I designed that looks like a crow in a hooded cloak. Also, you could tell the freinds from the enemies by what they were drawing them DOING...). A few of them were fanasizing about working for major comicbook companies, and so, in retaliation, I started mimicing SUPERHERO style. Since a lot of their creations didn't seam all that original, I created characters with names like Quasar Quail, Commander Salamander, and the Martian Mullusk(JEEZE, in retrospect, I guess I was a little on the crazy side to make a superhero out of a clam.).

And about the fly: Yeah- that fly's dead meat. Pray for him /\;)/\ ... Lets just say Q.Q.'s not all that reluctant to shoot something just because it's there... (A favorite theme of mine is "Why do the goodguys always have to fight fair".)