PDA

View Full Version : About server lists...

Cesar
Jun 8, 2001, 05:38 PM
I was looking inside the code of Jazz2.exe, both 1.23 and 1.24. There were few list of servers in the codes so here's the list:

jazz2 1.23

the-wolf.mofo.co.uk

list.jazzjackrabbit.com

jazz2 1.24

jazz.logicware.com

mail.godgames.com

list.jazzjackrabbit.com

Is 'the-wolf.mofo.co.uk' still alive?

And probably 'mail.godgames.com' don't host the server list anymore.

Does this mean that jazz.logicware.com is the only server that's keeping list of current servers?

By the way: I see that Xjj2 lists servers faster than Jazz2's menu. Why? Was Jazz2.exe tries to ping other servers before jazz.logicware.com? Can Jazz2 menu lists server faster like Xjj2?

Tubz
Jun 8, 2001, 05:51 PM
Jazz.logicware.com is messed up Bean. Because when I host nobody is able to join compared to list.jazzjackrabbit.com

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jun 8, 2001, 07:52 PM
JJ Tublear wrote:

Jazz.logicware.com is messed up Bean. Because when I host nobody is able to join compared to list.jazzjackrabbit.com

Actually, jazz.logicware.com is the one that works. list.jazzjackrabbit.com is almost always down. If you make key 000 and 001 set to jazz.logicware.com you can access the list server quickly and host quickly.

Mail.godgames.com - sussposed to be a server never was.

the-wolf.mofo.co.uk - Probably a test server left over from initial game testing (Jeh had the server a while ago)

list.jazzjackrabbit.com - original Epic list server rarely ever up.

Aiko
Jun 9, 2001, 04:08 AM
By the way: I see that Xjj2 lists servers faster than Jazz2's menu. Why? Was Jazz2.exe tries to ping other servers before jazz.logicware.com? Can Jazz2 menu lists server faster like Xjj2?

Yes. But you change it so that it pings jazz.logicware.com (the only running server) first. Just change the order of the servers in regedit. Unfortunately, the current version of XJJ2 (3.3) only supports jazz2.logicware.com. That was different in previous versions. But as far as i know, those two servers are "linked" to each other so if list.jazzjackrabbot.com works, it'll work with XJJ2, too. I'm not sure though. You should ask Mr. Hmmm Bob(by :-).

Bobby aka Dizzy
Jun 9, 2001, 06:15 AM
Yes. But you change it so that it pings jazz.logicware.com (the only running server) first. Just change the order of the servers in regedit. Unfortunately, the current version of XJJ2 (3.3) only supports jazz2.logicware.com. That was different in previous versions. But as far as i know, those two servers are "linked" to each other so if list.jazzjackrabbot.com works, it'll work with XJJ2, too. I'm not sure though. You should ask Mr. Hmmm Bob(by http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Yes, even in list comes back up they should mirror each other, but that often doesn't happen. If you check port 10055 jazz.logicware often says its mirroring list.jazzjackrabbit.com when its down and when its up it list.jazzjackrabbit.com often doesn't mirror jazz.logicware.com.

Basically the mirroring stuff is kinda buggy.

Cesar
Jun 9, 2001, 06:50 AM
Woah! Thanks, that helps alot. Now I can use Jazz2's menu to join quickly like Xjj2, which means I can be blue instead of using Xjj2 and be green.

Monolith
Jun 9, 2001, 09:37 AM
*makes a comment for someone to check Logicware's list server info port (this) (telnet://jazz.logicware.com:10055) and note the new mirrored list servers*

Aiko
Jun 9, 2001, 02:35 PM
Very funny, Monolith. How did they/you do that? Couldnt that be really useful if we had the possibility to mirror listservers?

Newspaz
Jun 9, 2001, 02:58 PM
If we want to mirror them they will have to put our ip/webaddresse in their mirror txt. So that would be quite impossible..

Monolith
Jun 9, 2001, 06:54 PM
It's real. Flea got logicware to add a few of us to their SERVERS.TXT file so we are all mirrors now. I was testing it this morning and it works.

Time for a new list server patch :)

Aiko
Jun 10, 2001, 01:29 AM
That sounds *very* spiffy, if you ask me.

Fquist_old
Jun 10, 2001, 03:01 AM
Whoo. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cesar
Jun 10, 2001, 06:25 AM
Wow, Jazz2 players hosted a server over 88 thousand times! (well, under jazz.logicware.com)

Hey, that link provided useful information and keeps statitics.

Flea
Jun 11, 2001, 12:51 PM
hehe http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

They answered me in less then a day!!!

Fear
Jun 12, 2001, 05:04 AM
oem....

Darned now I forgot what i wanted to say! Its all your fault mom...