PDA

View Full Version : Hand drawn animations, Come see my creations.

Batty Buddy
Mar 19, 2003, 03:17 AM
Que Passa!!!!

WOW! 3 Hand drawn animations uploaded to side7 all in one day? Whats the occation?

Well, actually I was exparamenting with an animation technique: I draw all the pictures on the same page, right where their going to finally be, and I just erase all the miscellanious junk that doesn't belong in any one frame... This way, I keep all the characters the same size- a nitpicky detail I normally have troubles with.

Here's Ntr wagging his tail and smiling:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=254369

Here's Louie pulling out one of his signs:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=254371

And finally: Here's Fan getting her little winged booty smacked by a snowball:
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=254372

Well, so long for now: I gotta rest my fingers...

Fawriel
Mar 19, 2003, 03:23 AM
The Fan animation is really cool!:D
Amazing...^^

Radium
Mar 19, 2003, 03:33 AM
Very good animations, but on the last one, the darkness of the lines behind the snowball make it look somewhat like a missle.

Spotinik
Mar 19, 2003, 03:41 AM
woah....nice animations, batty! and..I agree with Radium about the snowball..o_0 I like the one of Louie tho..XD

Batty Buddy
Mar 19, 2003, 03:58 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Thanks for noting the Snowball/missle thing: I didn't even see it myself. /\:D/\
I was just trying for Jim Davis-esque motion lines. (I'm a Jim Davis half-fan... I like his artwork, and his characters, but I feel his plots have been lacking in recent years. If you don't know who he is, he created Garfield, Norm Nat, and U.S. Acres.)

Sadly, it doesn't seem to work too well for me in black and white.

Anaiyu
Mar 19, 2003, 09:17 AM
They're all really cute but Side7 is just a crudhole to load. I don't know if it's just me but Side7 is horrible. It looks cool and stuff and I'm sure it works well, it just loads too slowly. Good animations, though. :lol:

Hare
Mar 26, 2003, 02:58 AM
Primitive, but yes, cute. It would look better if you upped the framerate, but you'd have to draw twice as many poses, or more.

It is a good start :).

I like your work, BTW, it has it's own original feel. Many artist spend a long time trying to develop a personal style, if I remember my studying right. And yours has a nice charm. You might be interested in a book on animation... I read a great one not long ago. Forgot the name of it... It was by a person that has been with Disney for years, who has been with animation since like the 40s or something (wow he must be old :P), he learned from the best. Certainly a must have. All I remember of the title is that it said animation across the front and underneath was a group of characters in different stages of a walk animation.... Wait, it was called "The Animator's Survival Kit". Animator's, not Animation was written across the cover. That's it. Perhaps you can find it with a search engine.

Batty Buddy
Mar 26, 2003, 09:27 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Was the writer named Richard Williams? I found the book and it matches your description.

I'll look into ordering it. Thanks /\:D/\

Hare
Mar 26, 2003, 11:18 PM
Great you found it. You won't regret ordering it, it is certainly a must have for animators. Great content, including some animation history. Good stuff ^.^

Captain Spam
Mar 29, 2003, 04:28 AM
Ballistic snowball missile! :-)

Very nice indeed. I'm a bit partial to the Wile E. Coyote-like signs Louie keeps handy, meself, but you've done a good job with the lot of 'em.

And I do agree with Hare, you've developed a quite a nifty unique style for yourself. Congrats. :-) It's not easy to do; I've seen TONS of people whose style is effectively copying someone else's style stroke-for-stroke. But, you've got something a bit unique there.