PDA

View Full Version : A somewhat cure for the common spam

Tubz
Mar 21, 2003, 04:21 AM
Well on my other board AGN they made a forum called Forum Games and warned people that when posting in there it would not count toward their total post count. So I thought this would half solve the idea of everyone spamming in those forum games. Like Word Association, Post about the poster above/below you. Or anything like that.

Any ideas on this being good or not?

Rage
Mar 21, 2003, 05:12 AM
I think there would be no point in that, asthe top 100 posters was removed.

I want it back!

Tik
Mar 21, 2003, 05:29 AM
I don't spam or post a lot because I want my post count to go up. I play the games, which involves posting a lot, nothing more than that. Regardless I wouldn't mind a Forum Games forum.

Fawriel
Mar 21, 2003, 05:38 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
HISS!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*
I don't post so my post count goes up...since I AM already the one with most posts of all...:D
(Okay,except maybe after Freelance,but I won't bother counting all those posts together...Xb)

Trafton
Mar 21, 2003, 05:45 AM
There are no post counts on this board, so that would be pretty pointless.

Tik
Mar 21, 2003, 06:16 AM
Of course there is a post count, there is just no ranking or heirchy system for it.

Trafton
Mar 21, 2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Spaztic
Of course there is a post count, there is just no ranking or heirchy system for it.
Well, yes. I suppose I could have phrased that better. I meant that there is no way to judge "spam competitions," therefore lowering the chance that they would be started.

Tubz
Mar 21, 2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Trafton
There are no post counts on this board, so that would be pretty pointless.

Kinda impossible, you can't get rid of the post count. All you can do is hide it.

Trafton
Mar 21, 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by JJ Tublear
Kinda impossible, you can't get rid of the post count. All you can do is hide it.
As I said in my later posts, this is correct. However, the post counts ARE hidden, so the suggestion does not make sense. The only place in which they are visible is administrator announcements, and I doubt any administrators will be attempting to beat eachother's post counts. It's hidden well right now, and I think that is enough.

Tik
Mar 21, 2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Trafton
As I said in my later posts, this is correct. However, the post counts ARE hidden, so the suggestion does not make sense. The only place in which they are visible is administrator announcements, and I doubt any administrators will be attempting to beat eachother's post counts. It's hidden well right now, and I think that is enough. Wrong, actually. You can view your post count quite easily, you just can't compare your count to other peoples' directly.

Trafton
Mar 21, 2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Spaztic
Wrong, actually. You can view your post count quite easily, you just can't compare your count to other peoples' directly.
True, I was more referring to the comparitive post counts, though, which is really the source of much of the spam.