PDA

View Full Version : I love you, Giant Emu...

Batty Buddy
Mar 23, 2003, 03:15 PM
Que Passa!!!!

You know, ever since *Fireball* drew that cool picture of my Giant Emu character, I realised that, despite my drawing him in several of my comics, I NEVER SHOWED A PICTURE OF HIM TO ANYONE!!!

This blasphamy must siese.

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/DisplayImg.pl?INO=255237

I give you... A doodle of Giant Emu fighting the fighty fight against a fighting band of fighty (Very large, but NOT giant) 6-legged-blood-sucking-doom-monkeys... With a small referance to Godzilla...

The Emu is apleased...(He'll be MORE happy in a couple of days when finals are over and I colorise this.)

Radium
Mar 23, 2003, 03:27 PM
Bbah... Side7 won't load.

I really can't decide which I hate more, Side7 or DevArt. Dev art loads fast, but it shrouded in popups and useless personal information about the artists (not to mention the layout is really lousy and it uses the word "deviant" almost compulsivley). Side 7 has a better layout, but takes forever to load (or dosn't load at all). Both don't seem to appriciate us Netscape users... ah well.

Radium
Mar 23, 2003, 03:29 PM
Oh joy! It loaded!

...Didn't Fire<i>ball</i> draw the emu?

Batty Buddy
Mar 23, 2003, 03:31 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Actually, I origionally drew the Emu. He WAS my character, after all...

The idea behind him came from a stuffed 6-foot tall toy Emu I found at FAO Shwartz. It looked so cute-yet-funny that I drew Snooze hugging it and acting like it was a deity with powers that meer mortals didn't have, while Mat was groaning and telling Snooze it was just a stuffed animal. (Snooze is, of course, my crazy side, while Mat is my rational side.) Snooze, however, proceeds to make a 300 verse song dedicated to the Emu, and insists on singing it.

(Edit: I found out what you ment... Sorry about the mistake, I was out of it... /\:)/\)

Hare
Mar 26, 2003, 03:06 AM
I wonder, did you actually write a 300 verse song for your comic? Reason tells me that is a silly thing to think, but heck, I'd still like to know. Er... please don't make us read it, if you did. I hate super long posts. ;)

Batty Buddy
Mar 26, 2003, 08:52 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Actually, I didn't write a 300 verse song per say, but Snooze wrote a 300 verse song...

I just wrote the first couple of verses, and the last couple, with the words "300 verses later" between them... but here's all of Snooze's Giant Emu song that I ever wrote... and I imagine that the rest of the song follows the same format:

I love you
Giant Emu

You're true blue
Giant Emu

What you wanna do
Giant Emu?

Coochy Coochy Coo
Giant Emu

Help me find my shoe
Giant Emu

Tom Green is a foo
Giant Emu

etc etc... This IS Snooze we're talking about, you know- Mr freaky wierd hippy activist... The guy who LIKES the fact that Al Gore didn't become president because, if he did, he(meaning Snooze) wouldn't have anything to complain and be an activist about...

And needless to say, everyone in earshot of the singing sloth is looking like they're going mad in the second panel

Hare
Mar 28, 2003, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I guess 300 verses ending in "Giant Emu" will do that to ya.

Sometime I'd like to check out those comics. (perhaps in a week when I'm not confined to a internet connection that behaves like it is passing a gall stone through the phone line.)

Radium
Mar 28, 2003, 03:29 AM
I think Batty should start his own webcomic =P.

JJ BBoy KS
Mar 28, 2003, 10:55 AM
Lol

Beauty! :D

Skulg
Mar 30, 2003, 01:01 AM
I dreamt of the Giant Emu last night. O.o

It devastated some town in Australia, I think.

Blackraptor
Mar 31, 2003, 12:25 PM
W00T GO EMU!!!!!!111

I never knew emu's could shoot out fire....