PDA

View Full Version : The first of a three-part story I'm writing.

KRSplat
Apr 4, 2003, 02:22 PM
I'm going to make small references to real people or use them as rather minor characters in this, so if you're in here, don't think I'm using you without permission. Of course, if you want to be in it, just tell me. This first post is rather short.

The Golden Age

The sun is shining on your face. You are running in the fields. 'Butterflies are hard to catch,' you think. The flowers of all colors, red, blue, yellow, violet -- Violet. That is who you saw walking up the hill. You put him out of your mind and sat down, to hear the words, "Hey, Kumaar," and stand back up again.
"The King wants you," he told you.
You mind rushed with thought. What would he want with you? Why?
"You gonna go?"
"Of course," you replied, and started to crawl slowly, looking surprised, toward King Razz the II's castle, which happened to be only about 20 meters away, as that was his lawn you were skipping in.
King Razz was a descendent of the Great King Jazz. The Jackrabbit line had been in power for around 600 years. Carrotus was in its prime. Food was plentiful, the climate was warm, fresh water was not a problem, and there was no evil to be seen. The people's battle skills were sharply declining, as there was no practice to be found. There was no reason to be a warrior anyway, because all crime and villians had disappeared since the Great Jazz's daughter, Cazz slayed Devan Shell once and for all, and, due to a very, very lucky series of events, all of his followers and Shell's soul was trapped in a block land Jazz's son, Mezz created.
You found a grinning Razz waiting for you at the draw bridge.
"Get off my lawn."

EDIT: The entire story is not going to be in first person, just this little segment.

EDIT2: I meant second person above.

4I Falcon
Apr 4, 2003, 02:34 PM
Eee, looks like yay.

Um... include me. I want to be in wherever this is going.

Ninja
Apr 4, 2003, 02:38 PM
I'm not going to ask to join, because I'm so frickin cool, I'll have to be in it automaticaly.

J/K

Blackraptor
Apr 4, 2003, 02:42 PM
How could you not include a black dinosaur in your story:p ;)

acid
Apr 4, 2003, 03:31 PM
Heh. I suppose there's no way I could be in this, since my character would have died somewhere around 525 years ago...

Violet CLM
Apr 4, 2003, 08:33 PM
That's second person.

4I Falcon
Apr 4, 2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by acid
Heh. I suppose there's no way I could be in this, since my character would have died somewhere around 525 years ago...

Two words. Time, and Machine.

Or Cryogenic, and Freezing.

Pick one.

KRSplat
Apr 5, 2003, 08:28 AM
This story has already received more recognition than I thought it would. I will try to squeeze everybody in somewhere in this part (not this post) of the story.

Lava bubbled outside of a shack made purely of wood in the fiery underworld. Delvin thought privately about his plans for the destruction of the universe.
Delvin did not want to rule over everything. He did not care about how much power he had. If nobody ever knew who he was, he wouldn't care. He just wanted total destruction. He hated life. His dream was to kill everything. He was a deep, friendly blue creature most of the time, but that was deceiving. When others threatened him, or he was in a foul mood, he could turn into a black monster with wings that allowed him to fly and a tounge that not only would curse you to the ground with both swear words and magic curses but would shoot out fireballs at his will.
His evil was not unprovoked. He had a reason to hate the world, a reason that he alone knew.
He heard a knock on a wooden door. Above the door was a ledge holding books of magical hexes he could use to destroy his enemies -- or his allies.
He did not open the door. Instead, the knocker kicked the door to the ground.
Delvin saw an armor-clad warrior standing on his falled door. He grinned with exitement.
"Another kill... that's 12 this week," Delvin thought aloud. The warrior was baffled.
"I have come to slay you," stated the warrior.
"Interesting. How did you get to my home?"
"It's a long story."
"We have time."
"You'll be dead before I finish."
The two stopped talking and the warrior drew his sword.
"You cannot fool me with that disguise of yours. I know you can transform into a monster whenever you want." Delvin stood idly. The warrior charged at him with his sword. Delvin calmly extended his arm and with a wag of the finger stopped the warrior in his tracks. He lifted the warrior into the air and let him hang for a few seconds. The warrior screamed, suspended in midair.
"You want me to put you down?" Delvin dropped him to the ground. The warrior's armor protected him from damage, but he felt pain. They heard a loud clang when he hit the floor.
"Tell me how you got here, or I will kill you."

It was night on Carrotus. A tiny child refused to go to bed as her mother told her to.
"Dime, would you like a bedtime story?" asked the mother. The child, nicknamed Dime for her liking of shiny objects, nodded her head.
"This is a legend passed down from my mother to me and from my grandmother to my mother. It is about how Jazz's children rid the world of evil, once and for all. It's a long tale, so we'll just start it now. We can finish later."
Dime tucked herself in bed and pulled a blanket over her neck.
"Centuries ago, evil lurked in the universe. Creatures called turtles, green reptiles with long necks and shells covering thier bodies, tried to take control over our Carrotus. Their leader was a genius named Devan Shell. The Great Jazz's first enemy was Devan. He stopped his evil schemes many times with the help of his brother Spaz and his sister Lori, but Devan somehow lived on forever. Jazz realized eventually that Devan must have made himself invincable somehow.
"Jazz had two children, a boy named Mezz, and a girl named Cazz. Cazz the Ferocious was a fierce warrior who was almost undefeated. She only lost one battle her entire life. That loss was what ended her life, but that is another story for another night. Mezz was able to create awesome new worlds with only a little help from an ancient tool that has been upgraded many times called PSP, which we still use today.
"Jazz was an old man by then, as was Spaz, and Lori an old woman. Cazz and Mezz were young adults. They were doing the fighting instead of their dad and uncle and aunt now.
"The Royal Scientist, who went by the name of Noxid, discovered from an observation of Devan's blood, which they had from the beginning, because Jazz had touched Devan after shooting him and blood was on his fur, that Devan was using a chemical Devan called Efil (named that because it is life backwards and sounds a whole lot like evil) to stay alive forever. He could be harmed, but nothing could kill him. To test it, Noxid used it on himself and tried to commit suicide by taking his heart out, and Noxid is still alive and well today. Noxid's heart was replaced, and Cazz and Mezz started to think about another way to defeat Devan without killing him."
Dime's mother heard a snore.

I like to jump around to different places. That's just my style.

Ducky
Apr 5, 2003, 06:40 PM
Lurvely. I love imaginations of the future of Jazz.

*balloons to KRSplat*

KRSplat
Apr 7, 2003, 12:42 PM
I just wanted to say that the next part is coming, sorry for the short delay.

4I Falcon
Apr 7, 2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Ducky
*balloons to KRSplat*

Balloons?

Hmm...

*rolls in a giant wheelbarrow filled with cheese* Eee! :D

KRSplat
Apr 7, 2003, 04:07 PM
Uh, just finished this update. Foreshadowing.

"I heard rumors of an evil Delvin in my village on Medivo. I thought that an evil like you should not exist in this universe, and, knowing that evil will always lose--"
"You're wrong."
"--decided to destroy you. In the castle that the leaders of my village, known as Kurtal, there is an underground dungeon. I tunneled through the ground to get to the core."
"It is impossible to survive that kind of heat."
"It was winter. Anyway, I used the warp system inside of the core of every planet and tried every planet until I finally was transported into the core of Neonius, which is where we are."
"Okay."
"I will kill you now." The warrior rose his sword.
Delvin pointed his left index finger at him. He recited a death spell, and the warrior started backing away.
"Your quest to destroy me has failed." The warrior fell to his knees, and then to the ground.

Kumaar was not an ordinary rabbit. Most rabbits despised violence. Kumaar did, too, but became aggressive when other rabbits, friend or foe, were bothering him.
He had always secretly wanted a gun. Guns were no longer sold on Carrotus, at least legally. The only weapon on Carrotus was the slingshot, which used berries as bullets, so was very ineffective. Nevertheless, Kumaar had one.
He liked to use leaves on trees as targets. It helped his aim, but in some cases, it could have consequneces.